Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Speed after 22gb is abysmal in saturated areas

Feedback Score

Speed after 22gb is abysmal in saturated areas

Quote Originally Posted by GusHerb94 View Post
    Last time I had to do it from a browser. It just gets surprisingly complicated sometimes vs if I were just able to click block from the app.
    You log on from the desktop. Then click on that guy's profile. Lastly on the left column there's an option to add him to the ignore list. And done!

Feedback Score
    Seeing you guys want to block me made me realize maybe some of my posts are annoying so I will only post neutral posts from here on out. Apologies to the board. Verizon has some great things going for them but all I ask is try to give other carriers credit too when they deserve it

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyjones View Post
    Seeing you guys want to block me made me realize maybe some of my posts are annoying so I will only post neutral posts from here on out. Apologies to the board. Verizon has some great things going for them but all I ask is try to give other carriers credit too when they deserve it
    Don't even sweat it, there are so many people on this forum that astroturf and mud-sling like they're paid to defend these companies. These guys take it personally when you point out things like Sprint is often better than Verizon or that AT&T isn't as fast at T-Mobile. There really is a lot of misinformation spread on HoFo, but its always from people defending their beloved service. Fact of the matter, Verizon cannot handle unlimited data and their network is slowing all over the country. I'm excited there is competition, but it seems that some members don't like that.

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    Don't even sweat it, there are so many people on this forum that astroturf and mud-sling like they're paid to defend these companies. These guys take it personally when you point out things like Sprint is often better than Verizon or that AT&T isn't as fast at T-Mobile. There really is a lot of misinformation spread on HoFo, but its always from people defending their beloved service. Fact of the matter, Verizon cannot handle unlimited data and their network is slowing all over the country. I'm excited there is competition, but it seems that some members don't like that.
    I agree to some extent and that's why I do the majority of my posting on other boards. Some of the fanboys (not all) have really made the boards not fun to be on and if you say anything negative towards their chosen carrier they act like you just said something about their first born child. This goes for fanboys of any carrier.
    Sent from my windows phone

Feedback Score
    I hope the MOD's don't get mad at me, but sometimes people really start getting out of hand with insults and trolling and the MOD's do nothing. I've seen it take months for them to ban someone sometimes. I like these forums and I would like to see the MOD's enforce the rules more often so that these forums are more enjoyable to all of us.

Feedback Score
    A quick question for those running all the Verizon speed tests, especially those with over 100Mbps results.

Does Verizon charge you data use for these tests, or is it zero billed like on T-Mobile? It would seem to me that the one image posted with multiple 100-200Mbps results would burn through an awful lot of their data allotment on those.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    A quick question for those running all the Verizon speed tests, especially those with over 100Mbps results.

Does Verizon charge you data use for these tests, or is it zero billed like on T-Mobile? It would seem to me that the one image posted with multiple 100-200Mbps results would burn through an awful lot of their data allotment on those.
    Verizon does not white list speed tests like T-Mobile does/or used to. In other words, it uses your data every time. The faster the tests, the more data you burn through.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    I like that feature of TMobile. Only issue I've had is when I break out my windows phone it won't do speed tests. They all come up at 0 while all other data works. It was strange.

I wonder how much data people use across the board on speed tests

Does Verizon have the 10gb limit on hotspot like the others on the newer unlimited plans?

Device(s)
    Iphone 6s, Ipad Mini 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon/Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    I like that feature of TMobile. Only issue I've had is when I break out my windows phone it won't do speed tests. They all come up at 0 while all other data works. It was strange.

I wonder how much data people use across the board on speed tests

Does Verizon have the 10gb limit on hotspot like the others on the newer unlimited plans?
    Yes they do. Then throttled.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ckoch125 View Post
    Yes they do. Then throttled.
    They throttle to 600 Kbps afterwards.

Device(s)
    Gold 128 GB iPhone 7+ Intel, whatever the cat dragged in
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I don't really understand the point of this thread. You signed a ToS that said you may get slower speeds during times of congestion. If you live in a market that is "saturated", your speeds will always be slower. Port out if you're not happy... (which you did).

Galaxy S7 - Carrier Aggregation Band 30 10 MHz PCC + Band 4 10 MHz SCC1 + Band 12 10 MHz SCC2
    iPhone 7 - Carrier Aggregation Band 4 10 MHz PCC + Band 2 10 MHz SCC1 + Band 12 5 MHz SCC2

-

Intel iPhone 7 Plus- AT&T Unlimited Plus

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CellGeek View Post
    They should never have offered unlimited data. I predicted many months before they offered unlimited data that it would kill their network.
    Some folks manage wirh it just fine. Power users are the exception.

Sent from my SM-G935P using HoFo mobile app
    Last edited by veriztd; 08-15-2017 at 10:39 AM.
    If I'm annoyed and you're annoyed, does that make us a paranoid ??

Sarcasm is a fine art...

"Don't believe everything you think"

It's not a matter of if you win or lose, it's how you assign the blame

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Then the "power users" should have stayed with tiered data, and paid for their use of high speed data beyond 22GB. These complainers are not power users, they're just power gluttons who are cheap.
    ---
    Cellular One (AT&T), Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile, back to Verizon

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I was just saying it that way to be polite

Sent from my SM-G935P using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score

Speed after 22gb is abysmal in saturated areas

Quote Originally Posted by mreg45 View Post
    Then the "power users" should have stayed with tiered data, and paid for their use of high speed data beyond 22GB. These complainers are not power users, they're just power gluttons who are cheap.
    Yeah no 🤦🏻*♂️🤦🏻*♂️🤦🏻*♂️

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast