Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Speed after 22gb is abysmal in saturated areas

Feedback Score

Speed after 22gb is abysmal in saturated areas

Quote Originally Posted by mreg45 View Post
    Then the "power users" should have stayed with tiered data, and paid for their use of high speed data beyond 22GB. These complainers are not power users, they're just power gluttons who are cheap.
    Let me add something for ya, enjoy your 2 GB when 5G arrives. You don't deserve unlimited for saying stuff like that. Network capacity is NOT an issue at this point. With Gbit LTE coming, LAA is also coming, and 5G is right there. Why should anyone use less than unlimited data plan? I think you love that psychological fear of overages, or definitive throttling.

Feedback Score
    Users of unlimited data should consider how they are effecting the network for us users that don't have unlimited data. Unlimited data will capsize the Verizon network.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CellGeek View Post
    Users of unlimited data should consider how they are effecting the network for us users that don't have unlimited data. Unlimited data will capsize the Verizon network.
    It really isn't the consumers job to manage the Verizon network though, that's Verizon's job.

Feedback Score
    IMHO deprioritization is the way to go. Sure the network is slower but that's because people can use it now where they couldn't afford to before I can't see that as a bad thing.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256 GB Space Gray
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 2400zr View Post
    It really isn't the consumers job to manage the Verizon network though, that's Verizon's job.
    !!!! Shouldn't blame the consumer for the company's failure to deliver. If you advertise unlimited data users should be able to use as much as they want. Hence the term unlimited...

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 2400zr View Post
    Double edged sword, the carrier is blamed for either not enforcing and/or if doesn't do enough.
    If I'm annoyed and you're annoyed, does that make us a paranoid ??

Sarcasm is a fine art...

"Don't believe everything you think"

It's not a matter of if you win or lose, it's how you assign the blame

Feedback Score
    Topic needs updating:
    Speed before 22gb is abysmal in saturated areas.

I used to be a "power user" on the gUDP....but the new udp has been worthless. It was amazing...the day I switched, things were spectacular until I went back outside.

Been a crawl ever since. Last few months I haven't broken 4gb because mobile data is now so annoying. It's as if I'm depri 100% of the time with no exit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    I870 Mine
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CellGeek View Post
    That's asinine to ask fellow customers with unlimited data plans to cut back if they are paying for unlimited data as per their plan? They don't have to consider anything, they are paying more money for unlimited data each month. It's the carrier themselves that should A: either improve their network or
    B: Stop offering so called unlimited plans or C: Lower the deprioritizing cap to 15GB or 10GB Throttle cap? Heck At&t's old unlimited plan had a 5GB Throttling cap. And people still kept it and lived through it. Maybe Verizon should implement a hard cap instead of deprioritizing?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    According to one article both Verizon and AT&T may be throttling instead of depri'ing: https://www.pcmag.com/news/355963/ve...ted-data-users

If the tower were actually congested the non-depri'ed phones should be hit with a slow down too.

Device(s)
    Iphone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I can tell you for a fact At&t doesn't throttled. I have been putting them to the test simply by downloading files. In 2 days I have used 300 gigs and I have seen no slowdown.

Sent from my SM-G955U using HoFo mobile app

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4