Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Speed after 22gb is abysmal in saturated areas

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Speed after 22gb is abysmal in saturated areas

I gave VZW unlimited a test run and after you surpass 22GB the speed is basically unusable, the graph below represents 61 speed tests in various times and areas, the dip is where I exceeded the 22GB cap, they can call it de-prioritization but if you are in a saturated area it makes your phone a brick. The graph is in Kbps.

Name:  speed-after-22gb.PNG
Views: 1037
Size:  31.6 KB

Towards the end, I had enough and had to port back to my previous carrier as I was having issues loading webpages, etc.

Name:  deprio.PNG
Views: 1058
Size:  311.4 KB
    Last edited by jpiszcz; 08-11-2017 at 09:55 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I haven't been effected too hard even in the worst spots. Contrary to your graph what I'll see is a slowdown to something slow like 1 Mbps then jump back up to the usual 3-8 Mbps I would see in said spot. If it's like .5 Mbps normally then I'll be slowed to .01 or something awful like that, I suppose taking it from barely usable to unusable at that point.

Device(s)
    nokia lumia 1520
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    anything under 1.00 is useless all carriers do the same thing 128kb after you hit the limit.

Feedback Score
    You must be getting throttled because you are using too much data.

Device(s)
    Gold 128 GB iPhone 7+ Intel, whatever the cat dragged in
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjets12 View Post
    anything under 1.00 is useless all carriers do the same thing 128kb after you hit the limit.
    Deprioritization is not a 128 kbps cap once you pass the threshold. It's a QoS change and is in no way a throttle. Please don't spread this misinformation around.

Galaxy S7 - Carrier Aggregation Band 30 10 MHz PCC + Band 4 10 MHz SCC1 + Band 12 10 MHz SCC2
    iPhone 7 - Carrier Aggregation Band 4 10 MHz PCC + Band 2 10 MHz SCC1 + Band 12 5 MHz SCC2

-

Intel iPhone 7 Plus- AT&T Unlimited Plus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpiszcz View Post
    I gave VZW unlimited a test run and after you surpass 22GB the speed is basically unusable, the graph below represents 61 speed tests in various times and areas, the dip is where I exceeded the 22GB cap, they can call it de-prioritization but if you are in a saturated area it makes your phone a brick. The graph is in Kbps.

Name:  speed-after-22gb.PNG
Views: 1037
Size:  31.6 KB

Towards the end, I had enough and had to port back to my previous carrier as I was having issues loading webpages, etc.

Name:  deprio.PNG
Views: 1058
Size:  311.4 KB
    OMG, those are some nice dial-up speeds from the 90's. Wow, they are hitting you hard. That's sad.

Feedback Score
    I think T-Mobile was on to something when they said Verizon and T weren't ready for unlimited.. Verizon's always been stingy about anything that has to do with their network.. but I dunno.... I think the lack of density is hurting them in a lot of these markets.

Feedback Score
    They should never have offered unlimited data. I predicted many months before they offered unlimited data that it would kill their network.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I wonder when Verizon will also increase their deprioritization threshold to 32 GB to match their competition? The nation's best network should be able to easily handle that.
    Carriers I've used: Sprint, T-Mobile, Cricket, AT&T, Verizon, Page Plus, Virgin Mobile, Movistar, AT&T Mexico, Telcel, Straight Talk, RingPlus.
    Phones I've used: iPhone 6S, iPhone 5c, HTC One M9, Samsung Galaxy S3, LG G2, BlackBerry Storm, Nokia 820, Motorola Atrix HD, iPhone 4S, HTC One V, iPhone 4, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia N9, Samsung Focus, Samsung Captivate, Nokia N900, HTC 8525, iPhone 3GS, iPhone, Nokia E61i, Siemens A56...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Volaris View Post
    I wonder when Verizon will also increase their deprioritization threshold to 32 GB to match their competition? The nation's best network should be able to easily handle that.
    The nation's best network 😃
    """new T-Mobile customer"""

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    I tried Verizon unlimited and I did notice the deprioritization was horrible. They slow the speeds down so much. I’m back on Tmobile and regularly use 60+ GB and I’m fine.
    Verizon Unlimited Plan
    T-Mobile 3 Lines UNL Data $100 W/14GB of Hotspot
    AT&T Unlimited iPad Data

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by monkey28rb View Post
    I tried Verizon unlimited and I did notice the deprioritization was horrible. They slow the speeds down so much. I’m back on Tmobile and regularly use 60+ GB and I’m fine.
    That's what Verizon calls "unlimited"? I hate Verizon. If they didn't work so well in my area I would kick them to the curb but I can't go to T-Mobile because they are so bad in my area.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    Deprioritization is not a 128 kbps cap once you pass the threshold. It's a QoS change and is in no way a throttle. Please don't spread this misinformation around.
    Are you always this pleasant?

Device(s)
    IPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyjones View Post
    Are you always this pleasant?
    He is when people keep spreading around crap like this. There is so much misinformation in this forum it is ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jtludwig View Post
    He is when people keep spreading around crap like this. There is so much misinformation in this forum it is ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fair enough

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast