Thread: H2o plan question

Feedback Score

H2o plan question

We currently have Verizon with only text and talk and want to go to something with data. We need iPhones because of compatibility with our hearing devices so plan to buy those at Apple store.

When h2o says 3GB 4GLTE Data and then unlimited at up to 2g thereafter does that mean you still have data after you use your 3GB just at a slower rate or am missing something.

Thanks trying to learn.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score

H2o plan question

Yes but mms and group message will not work on iPhones with H2O. You're better off on cricket wireless where everything will work. Both use ATT signal. Two lines at cricket is $70 with 4gb data each or Unlimited for $80.
    Get $25 credit by switching to Cricket Wireless! Then $250 by referring others! Same AT&T signal! Click here!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cicyborg View Post
    We currently have Verizon with only text and talk and want to go to something with data. We need iPhones because of compatibility with our hearing devices so plan to buy those at Apple store.

When h2o says 3GB 4GLTE Data and then unlimited at up to 2g thereafter does that mean you still have data after you use your 3GB just at a slower rate or am missing something.
    After using the high speed data allotment, the data is "unlimited", but throttled to 0.13 Mbps. That is enough to run map navigation and a few simple things. Email can be done (slowly), but forget sizable attachments. Many web pages will be tediously slow or fail on timeout.

H2O uses AT&T. Do you have good AT&T signal?

You may find that 3 GB of data a month is plenty and never hit the throttle. I'm on Wifi at home mostly. I only use a few dozen MB a month. I don't do much emailing and web browsing when I am out and about.

Good luck

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    After using the high speed data allotment, the data is "unlimited", but throttled to 0.13 Mbps. That is enough to run map navigation and a few simple things. Email can be done (slowly), but forget sizable attachments. Many web pages will be tediously slow or fail on timeout.

H2O uses AT&T. Do you have good AT&T signal?

You may find that 3 GB of data a month is plenty and never hit the throttle. I'm on Wifi at home mostly. I only use a few dozen MB a month. I don't do much emailing and web browsing when I am out and about.

Good luck
    Just for the record. For the first time ever my wife's H2O data allotment ran out for this month a few days ago. She was out shopping Friday when I was getting out of work so we met up in the parking lot to make plans for dinner. We decided she would run to pick up some pizza at a place we've never been to before that was about 12 miles away (but she just had to try their pizza!). I set up navigation up for her using Maps and it was painfully slow to connect, but seemed to be working once it got a signal. Well, she called me 10 minutes later telling me she was lost .. the Maps was too slow too load and not keeping up. Just a little FYI.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sampoot View Post
    Just for the record. For the first time ever my wife's H2O data allotment ran out for this month a few days ago. She was out shopping Friday when I was getting out of work so we met up in the parking lot to make plans for dinner. We decided she would run to pick up some pizza at a place we've never been to before that was about 12 miles away (but she just had to try their pizza!). I set up navigation up for her using Maps and it was painfully slow to connect, but seemed to be working once it got a signal. Well, she called me 10 minutes later telling me she was lost .. the Maps was too slow too load and not keeping up. Just a little FYI.
    I know it's a bit late now, but Google Maps allows you to download maps to your phone, and even though I've never actually needed it, I always keep the map of my home city on my phone, just in case I'm ever in that situation.

Device(s)
    Motorola Q (PP w QNC)
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I've used Here WeGo w free offline maps for years. Install the states you need or the whole US. Can be stored on SD card.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by raderator View Post
    I've used Here WeGo w free offline maps for years. Install the states you need or the whole US. Can be stored on SD card.
    I have been using Here WeGo City maps for a couple of years too. It frequently gives odd routes compared to GMaps. It does have one really good feature that GMaps does not - speed alerts. You can set the mph over the speed limit to sound an bing-bing-bing alert. My Magellen would do this, but I never put it in the car anymore.

I travel in areas where the speed limit goes from 55 to 45, 35, 25 over short spans. I don't need Barney Fife hiding behind a barn in some two-horse crossroad town busting me for 30 in a 25.

I do the GMaps offline areas too. They have to be updated every 30 days or they expire. Maybe there is an auto update setting the I turned off.

Feedback Score

Carrier(s)
    GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by raderator View Post
    I use Here WeGo about half the time. I drive for work a lot and go a different place every day. I occasionally hit areas with no coverage and the maps work great. Occasionally it will send me down a dead end dirt road when I'm low on gas. I usually use my Apple map app on the way to work and Here on the way home to find the scenic route. I have no patience for maps that expire.

I was throttled on AT&T for about 10 days over the summer and it was slow but fine as long as I didn't try to watch videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk