Phone
    Apple 7 Plus
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

IPhone battery usage - worse on Verizon va ATT?

We switched from AT&T to Verizon in June. We had unlocked iPhones purchased directly from Apple which we took over. Mine is 7+ and Mom's is 6s.

I've been thinking the battery seems to run down much quicker than it did on AT&T. Today, by 2:30, it was down to 28% and I had hardly used it today! I mentioned it to Mom and she said hers seemed to be running down more quickly as well.

Anyone think there is anything to this? Both AT&T and Verizon show excellent coverage in my area, both at home and work. I do think perhaps AT&T was slightly better at work. Don't notice much difference at work.

Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    With signals and other factors being fairly equal, I've always felt Verizon burned the batteries faster. The same phone seemed worse. At home the Droid turbo I have lasts way longer on TMobile than it does with my Verizon sim and the db readings were similar. With Android the bloat apps prob don't help but not sure why iPhone seems different also.

My friend says his iPhone battery lasts longer on att than verizon so not sure what the difference is

Phone
    Apple 7 Plus
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Alone experiencing reduced battery life on a phone after changing carriers, try resetting Network settings. In hindsight, why didn't I think of this?

Settings - General - Reset - Reset Network Settings.

It is 5:30 pm and battery is at 76%. If anything, I've used it more today after resetting than I did on Friday when it was at 28% at 2:30 pm.

Phone
    iPhone 6
    Carrier
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I used Verizon prepaid. My iphone 6 battery didn't go down that fast. I charged it and I used an app called battery doctor, when it done charging it would stop charging. it took 3 steps for it to be fully charged. let's say I have fully charged it, I go to sleep when I woke up, it would be still 100%

Carrier
    AT&T or compatible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TXLady View Post
    Alone experiencing reduced battery life on a phone after changing carriers, try resetting Network settings. In hindsight, why didn't I think of this?

Settings - General - Reset - Reset Network Settings.

It is 5:30 pm and battery is at 76%. If anything, I've used it more today after resetting than I did on Friday when it was at 28% at 2:30 pm.
    This is good advice. Resetting Network settings can solve a lot of problems.
    Q: Would you patronize a streetwalker?

A: No, I would treat her as an equal.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doolie View Post
    This is good advice. Resetting Network settings can solve a lot of problems.
    Oh really? I didn't think this may solve battery issues. Also to ask this when I changed from Verizon to T-Mobile my battery did seem to drain a bit quicker. But I been noticing lately my bar in my house is usually always 1 bar maybe 2 if lucky. Could resetting network settings help with my coverage some? Because when I go to my brothers the coverage says I get LTE there but when I arrive I get no service not sure why

Feedback Score
    In a weak signal area, a phone uses more resources, and battery, searching for a signal. So if one carrier has a poor signal in area, phones using it will consume more battery power.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aKansasKid View Post
    In a weak signal area, a phone uses more resources, and battery, searching for a signal. So if one carrier has a poor signal in area, phones using it will consume more battery power.
    Got that but will it perhaps improve my reception if I do a network reset?

Carrier
    AT&T or compatible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    Got that but will it perhaps improve my reception if I do a network reset?
    Yes, possibly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doolie View Post
    Yes, possibly.
    Alright well I tried that last night and it appeared it improved the bars by giving me 3 bars before I was getting 1 sometimes 2 if lucky. I'll provide an update later if it really helped. If not then I guess T-Mobile isn't strong in my apartment but Verizon was almost like T-Mobile with bars but AT&T I think had a little more reception tho I can't remember fully tho but it was good tho

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    Alright well I tried that last night and it appeared it improved the bars by giving me 3 bars before I was getting 1 sometimes 2 if lucky. I'll provide an update later if it really helped. If not then I guess T-Mobile isn't strong in my apartment but Verizon was almost like T-Mobile with bars but AT&T I think had a little more reception tho I can't remember fully tho but it was good tho
    Damn I tried and it didn't work. I am starting to feel like in the beginning T-Mobile worked well in my apartment but lately most of the time I am getting one bar which is a little annoying. I know I can turn wifi calling on but not sure if that drains it worst. Just would be nice to have more than one bar most of the time without it draining my battery so much. Idk if it's the phone or the carrier I have tho

Feedback Score
    I notice my phones often stay connected to a more distant, but usable tower even when now in the vicinity of a closer tower. I notice it most arriving home. My phones will snag the closer tower to my house if I simply turn on airplane mode and then turn it off again, forcing the phone to acquire a new signal. You might try toggling airplane mode once you get home to see if that's the case for you, too. One bar coverage at home all evening and overnight is sure to drain the battery some.

It's the coverage and not the phone if your phone is showing the same number of bars as other T-Mobile phones when you're both at the same location (work, play, etc.).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aKansasKid View Post
    I notice my phones often stay connected to a more distant, but usable tower even when now in the vicinity of a closer tower. I notice it most arriving home. My phones will snag the closer tower to my house if I simply turn on airplane mode and then turn it off again, forcing the phone to acquire a new signal. You might try toggling airplane mode once you get home to see if that's the case for you, too. One bar coverage at home all evening and overnight is sure to drain the battery some.

It's the coverage and not the phone if your phone is showing the same number of bars as other T-Mobile phones when you're both at the same location (work, play, etc.).
    I've tried this a few times with airplane mode where it shows a better signal a few mins then goes back to 1 bar. Not sure if turning on wifi calling will really fix this altogether but I can demo it for a day and see if there is a difference

Feedback Score
    You keep using "Bars" as a measure of signal strength. They are a very rough gauge of that, and you can easily switch an iPhone to Dbm signal strength for a more accurate reading.

Dial *3001#12345#*, then hold the power button until the Power Off slider appears. Release the power button, Do not slide the on screen switch to Off. Hold down the Home Button until the screen returns to your Home Page. You should have a -XXX numeric readout in place of the dots/bars for signal strength.