Thread: Cricket Alcatel Flint unlock code $99 on eBay, was $2!

Feedback Score

Cricket Alcatel Flint unlock code $99 on eBay, was $2!

Does anybody know why there were many unlocking services via ebay for this phone that were at most $5 and now are anywhere from $50-100? Do they run out of unlock codes and raise the prices instead of pulling the listings? I was going to buy this phone as a cheap backup phone since I switch from at&t, cricket, net10, gophone, TMobile every few months, because the phone is cheap and will work on said carriers main LTE bands, and because the unlock was only a few dollars, I don't know much about unlocking except the couple times I've purchased an unlock code, I had a Cricket HTC desire 625 (dropped it in a puddle and ruined it) that unlock code is still only $2 via ebay, any ideas, pointers?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    Does anybody know why there were many unlocking services via ebay for this phone that were at most $5 and now are anywhere from $50-100? Do they run out of unlock codes and raise the prices instead of pulling the listings? I was going to buy this phone as a cheap backup phone since I switch from at&t, cricket, net10, gophone, TMobile every few months, because the phone is cheap and will work on said carriers main LTE bands, and because the unlock was only a few dollars, I don't know much about unlocking except the couple times I've purchased an unlock code, I had a Cricket HTC desire 625 (dropped it in a puddle and ruined it) that unlock code is still only $2 via ebay, any ideas, pointers?
    Pricing isn’t set by the resellers it’s set by the suppliers. Sometimes servers go down and the prices will return high when they come back online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    And the lowest I could do is $30 for that Phone. Must have gone up. I rarely do Cricket non iPhone

Feedback Score
    And then some gophone unlockers say it needs to be used on gophone for 6 months, and some say it doesn't matter.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    And then some gophone unlockers say it needs to be used on gophone for 6 months, and some say it doesn't matter.
    It only needs to be used for 6 months if you want to request the unlock code yourself. Otherwise it doesn’t matter.

Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Delete.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    So many.
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO, Framily, Freedompop GSM
    Feedback Score
    Switch to unlimited and just unlock it officially. Then switch back to your current plan. You only pay the prorated amount for the day.
    Been gone a long time. Hello, HoFo- I'm BACK.