Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: How do I find my Lyca paygo balance?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    246
    Feedback Score
    0

    How do I find my Lyca paygo balance?

    I'm on Lyca prepaid and have one of the "new" SIMs. I make sure to make a call every < 90 days. I check my balance my logging into the website before the call, make the call and then check it again after and note that 5c has been successfully debited. I last did this in May. Today, when I logged into the website, I notice it's a very different website. Also, I no longer see any account balance; not that the balance is zero, I don't see where it shows the balance. However, I went ahead and made my call successfully.

    Are you a Lyca prepaid user with access to the website? If yes, could you tell me where I can view my balance? Assuming you no longer can, is there a way to dial in (USSD) and get it? I also googled and found http://www.lycamobile.us/en/how-to-use but the *611# or 94# didn't work for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks!

    Russell

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    246
    Feedback Score
    0
    I found the answer. You've got to go to "Recharge"!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    101
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by russsell View Post
    Today, when I logged into the website, I notice it's a very different website.
    I did not know about the new web site, but I was able to sign in and add money to my pay-per-minute account.

    I notice that Lycamobile is now charging a 5 percent "regulatory recovery fee." My $10 recharge cost me $10.50, the fee is disclosed before purchase.

    If you succeed in logging in, the account balance is now shown on the "Recharge" page, which is in the dropdown menu under "My Lycamobile."

    https://www.lycamobile.us/recharge

    The "Plan Change Update" page on the web site indicates that the new web site was launched on May 24, 2017.

    Exploring the site, I see absolutely no mention of how to purchase a pay-per-minute plan. Only monthly plans are listed.

    However, under "International Phone Calls From The U.S.", where you can search for international calling rates, it states: "Pay-As-You-Go (no plan) rate for landline/mobile is 5˘ above the “other plans” / “all plans” rate."

    So, it seems you can still use Lycamobile without a plan, but I see no way on the new web site to order service without a plan.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Southeastern Michigan
    Posts
    525
    Device(s)
    Samsung A157
    Carrier(s)
    LycaMobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by russsell View Post
    . . .I also googled and found http://www.lycamobile.us/en/how-to-use but the *611# or 94# didn't work for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks!

    Russell
    *611# followed by the send/call button works for me using an unlocked Samsung A157.

    You can also see your activity and charges by going to Menu->My Lycamobile->Call History and then selecting a month in the Viewing Calls in: drop-down menu. However, it appears that the charges for voicemail messages are no longer displayed.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Southeastern Michigan
    Posts
    525
    Device(s)
    Samsung A157
    Carrier(s)
    LycaMobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lineisbusy View Post
    . . .I notice that Lycamobile is now charging a 5 percent "regulatory recovery fee." My $10 recharge cost me $10.50, the fee is disclosed before purchase.. . .
    So calls are now 5.25 cents per minute and texts are 4.2 cents.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,583
    Feedback Score
    0
    I always used CallingMart RTR for Lycamobile when I used it.
    There are no taxes or fees.
    $10 will get you $10 on your balance.
    RTR loads the funds directly to your account without having to use the Lycamobile website.
    Plus you earn a percentage back to use on your next purchase.
    10˘ on a $10 refill.
    So next time you pay $9.90.

    http://www.callingmart.com/products/...tDetail?ID=504

    Sent from my Wonderful LG Phoenix 2
    *After All, There Is Nothing Real Outside Our Perception Of Reality, Is There?*







  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,818
    Carrier(s)
    ekit, Truphone, Piranha, Three, Lycamobile, WorldSim
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by russsell View Post
    I found the answer. You've got to go to "Recharge"!
    Thanks for finding that. I just use *611# .

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,434
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket Essential Plan
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lineisbusy View Post
    Exploring the site, I see absolutely no mention of how to purchase a pay-per-minute plan. Only monthly plans are listed.
    It's been this way for a long time and it makes absolutely no sense. One would think that Lycamobile doesn't want paygo customers. Why, then, do they make it available to the few people who learn about it here on HoFo?

    I realize that paygo isn't a money maker for the MVNOs which is why many of them don't offer it. So maybe it's a holdover from the "old" Lycamobile SIM before PLUS that they aren't going to promote but at the same time they don't want to bother to eliminate.
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    101
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Relztrah View Post
    It's been this way for a long time and it makes absolutely no sense. One would think that Lycamobile doesn't want paygo customers. Why, then, do they make it available to the few people who learn about it here on HoFo?

    I realize that paygo isn't a money maker for the MVNOs which is why many of them don't offer it. So maybe it's a holdover from the "old" Lycamobile SIM before PLUS that they aren't going to promote but at the same time they don't want to bother to eliminate.
    I agree. Before the new web site, and using guidance from this forum, you could get a SIM and then just add a top-up to avoid having a plan. It wasn't evident that this was how to get pay-per-minute, but it was doable.

    It may still be doable now if you just order (and pay for) a SIM, then activate it, set up an online account and then add the top-up. Perhaps someone reading this will try. Lycamobile pay-per-minute still represents a good option for people needing only a few minutes per month, in my opinion.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,818
    Carrier(s)
    ekit, Truphone, Piranha, Three, Lycamobile, WorldSim
    Feedback Score
    0

    Los Angeles

    Quote Originally Posted by Relztrah View Post
    It's been this way for a long time and it makes absolutely no sense. One would think that Lycamobile doesn't want paygo customers. Why, then, do they make it available to the few people who learn about it here on HoFo?
    I think the big and perhaps only advantage to Lyca is that people who
    don't pay their monthly plans continue as customers.
    And perhaps rejoin the monthly plans rather than go to someone else.

Similar Threads

  1. how do I find my firmware version on my T616?
    By ozziegn in forum SonyEricsson
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-15-2004, 07:12 PM
  2. How do I find my T68i esn # ???
    By OCaudi in forum SonyEricsson
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-19-2003, 07:28 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-20-2002, 12:39 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-10-2002, 12:31 PM
  5. How do I find my security code for my 8500
    By Snoopy572 in forum Samsung
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-14-2002, 11:13 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks