Thread: How do I find my Lyca paygo balance?

Feedback Score

How do I find my Lyca paygo balance?

I'm on Lyca prepaid and have one of the "new" SIMs. I make sure to make a call every < 90 days. I check my balance my logging into the website before the call, make the call and then check it again after and note that 5c has been successfully debited. I last did this in May. Today, when I logged into the website, I notice it's a very different website. Also, I no longer see any account balance; not that the balance is zero, I don't see where it shows the balance. However, I went ahead and made my call successfully.

Are you a Lyca prepaid user with access to the website? If yes, could you tell me where I can view my balance? Assuming you no longer can, is there a way to dial in (USSD) and get it? I also googled and found http://www.lycamobile.us/en/how-to-use but the *611# or 94# didn't work for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Russell

Feedback Score
    I found the answer. You've got to go to "Recharge"!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by russsell View Post
    Today, when I logged into the website, I notice it's a very different website.
    I did not know about the new web site, but I was able to sign in and add money to my pay-per-minute account.

I notice that Lycamobile is now charging a 5 percent "regulatory recovery fee." My $10 recharge cost me $10.50, the fee is disclosed before purchase.

If you succeed in logging in, the account balance is now shown on the "Recharge" page, which is in the dropdown menu under "My Lycamobile."

https://www.lycamobile.us/recharge

The "Plan Change Update" page on the web site indicates that the new web site was launched on May 24, 2017.

Exploring the site, I see absolutely no mention of how to purchase a pay-per-minute plan. Only monthly plans are listed.

However, under "International Phone Calls From The U.S.", where you can search for international calling rates, it states: "Pay-As-You-Go (no plan) rate for landline/mobile is 5˘ above the “other plans” / “all plans” rate."

So, it seems you can still use Lycamobile without a plan, but I see no way on the new web site to order service without a plan.

Device(s)
    Samsung A157
    Carrier(s)
    LycaMobile
    Feedback Score
    . . .I also googled and found http://www.lycamobile.us/en/how-to-use but the *611# or 94# didn't work for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Russell
    *611# followed by the send/call button works for me using an unlocked Samsung A157.

You can also see your activity and charges by going to Menu->My Lycamobile->Call History and then selecting a month in the Viewing Calls in: drop-down menu. However, it appears that the charges for voicemail messages are no longer displayed.

Device(s)
    Samsung A157
    Carrier(s)
    LycaMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lineisbusy View Post
    . . .I notice that Lycamobile is now charging a 5 percent "regulatory recovery fee." My $10 recharge cost me $10.50, the fee is disclosed before purchase.. . .
    So calls are now 5.25 cents per minute and texts are 4.2 cents.

Feedback Score
    I always used CallingMart RTR for Lycamobile when I used it.
    There are no taxes or fees.
    $10 will get you $10 on your balance.
    RTR loads the funds directly to your account without having to use the Lycamobile website.
    Plus you earn a percentage back to use on your next purchase.
    10˘ on a $10 refill.
    So next time you pay $9.90.

http://www.callingmart.com/products/...tDetail?ID=504

Sent from my Wonderful LG Phoenix 2
    *After All, There Is Nothing Real Outside Our Perception Of Reality, Is There?*

Carrier(s)
    ekit, Truphone, Piranha, Three UK, Lycamobile, WorldSim
    Feedback Score
    I found the answer. You've got to go to "Recharge"!
    Thanks for finding that. I just use *611# .

Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket Essential Plan
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lineisbusy View Post
    Exploring the site, I see absolutely no mention of how to purchase a pay-per-minute plan. Only monthly plans are listed.
    It's been this way for a long time and it makes absolutely no sense. One would think that Lycamobile doesn't want paygo customers. Why, then, do they make it available to the few people who learn about it here on HoFo?

I realize that paygo isn't a money maker for the MVNOs which is why many of them don't offer it. So maybe it's a holdover from the "old" Lycamobile SIM before PLUS that they aren't going to promote but at the same time they don't want to bother to eliminate.
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Relztrah View Post
    It's been this way for a long time and it makes absolutely no sense. One would think that Lycamobile doesn't want paygo customers. Why, then, do they make it available to the few people who learn about it here on HoFo?

I realize that paygo isn't a money maker for the MVNOs which is why many of them don't offer it. So maybe it's a holdover from the "old" Lycamobile SIM before PLUS that they aren't going to promote but at the same time they don't want to bother to eliminate.
    I agree. Before the new web site, and using guidance from this forum, you could get a SIM and then just add a top-up to avoid having a plan. It wasn't evident that this was how to get pay-per-minute, but it was doable.

It may still be doable now if you just order (and pay for) a SIM, then activate it, set up an online account and then add the top-up. Perhaps someone reading this will try. Lycamobile pay-per-minute still represents a good option for people needing only a few minutes per month, in my opinion.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by Relztrah View Post
    I think the big and perhaps only advantage to Lyca is that people who
    don't pay their monthly plans continue as customers.
    And perhaps rejoin the monthly plans rather than go to someone else.

Feedback Score
    My friend tried to recharge a few days ago from the Lyca website and it shows it would charge him a $2.00 service charge to add $10 credit. So that was a 20 % fee !! He looked around and found another site which revealed 11.49 for $10 at the final checkout. He finally settled on a site that charged him $11. Anyone else had the same experience? Is this what Lyca is doing now for everyone?

Does callingmart still work the same way?

And is there still a lyca card that you can buy at a retail location and would there be a service charge?

Feedback Score
    Other questions about callingmart and lyca:::

- What is RTR?

- It shows 6c/mb for mobile data. Did they bring back data for paygo without a plan? I thought data stopped working for paygo?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mo832 View Post
    Other questions about callingmart and lyca:::

- What is RTR?

- It shows 6c/mb for mobile data. Did they bring back data for paygo without a plan? I thought data stopped working for paygo?
    When I used Lycamobile I only ever used CallingMart RTR.
    That is Real Time Refill and it loads the funds directly to your account without having to use the Lycamobile website.
    I never had any problems with them.
    And they don't charge any tax or fees.
    You pay $10 and $10 is added to your balance.

I don't know about data on Lycamobile.
    I never used it.

Sent from my Wonderful LG Phoenix 2

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    You pay $10 and $10 is added to your balance.
    Just checked.
    NO surcharge for Lycamobile at Callingmart.