Thread: Lycamobile - phone rings once and goes straight to voicemail

Feedback Score

Lycamobile - phone rings once and goes straight to voicemail

Called customer service and they asked me to do couple things:

Code:
    follow the below procedure to search network manually Setting -> More settings -> Mobile network -> Network Operator -> Manual It will start searching for network and then select Lycamobile or T-Mobile.
    Another solution was to dial *185# to cancel the voicemail and then enable it by dialing 121 later.

Finally, had to escalate to the technical team but there is no ETA - could take 24 hours or more!

any suggestions that I can try in the meantime? Am not getting any calls - even though it rings once, only the calling person hears that - i can't hear anything but only get a missed call notification(via text)

Feedback Score
    it's been almost 48 hours and am getting the usual run around from Lycamobile Customer Service. Their customer service is horrible and am getting frustrated to the point am considering switching to another provider.

Do we have a Lycamobile moderator on this forum?

Feedback Score
    Lycamobile is telling me that my Samsung Note 4 phone is incompatible since T-mobile has turned off 3G service. Is this true?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tampaite View Post
    Lycamobile is telling me that my Samsung Note 4 phone is incompatible since T-mobile has turned off 3G service. Is this true?
    It is true that Lycamobile is going (or already did it) to blacklist your phone. It is not true that your phone is incompatible with Lycamobile. My old T-Mobile phone was blacklisted few weeks after Lycamobile sent text message indicating that the phone will stop working on Lycamobile network and stopped to recognize Lycamobile SIM card (while recognizing all other SIM cards). I intended to use it on 2G Lycamobile Network but it was impossible because of blacklisting.

Lycamobile blacklisted (probably by IMEI but not sure) all T-Mobile branded 3G phones that have 3G Band 2 1900 MHz but do not have 3G Band 4 1700 MHz despite the fact that these phones can still be used on T-Mobile/Lycamobile 2G GSM network. The proof: old 2G Nokia phones work fine with Lycamobile SIM for voice and text (no internet, of course). ATT 3G phones that do not have Band 4 also work fine with Lycamobile SIM for voice and text. Only T-Mobile branded phones that do not have 3G Band 4 but have 3G Band 2 are banned from using in Lycamobile. What's interesting, T-Mobile itself does not blacklist these phones, you can insert T-Mobile SIM card into your Samsung Note 4 and it will work fine on T-Mobile 2G network for voice and text.

I contacted LM support regarding this issue one week ago, got ticket number but no response yet.

Feedback Score
    so am a bit lost. Looks like I have to buy another handset but which one that has a Micro SIM slot? I bought the Note 4 on eBay for $120 few months ago. Is there anything comparable to Note 4 in that price range?

Please let me know once you hear back from LM support.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RFK View Post

Lycamobile blacklisted (probably by IMEI but not sure)
    They likely did as i changed plans several days ago...

Device(s)
    Samsung A157
    Carrier(s)
    LycaMobile
    Feedback Score
    It is true that Lycamobile is going (or already did it) to blacklist your phone. It is not true that your phone is incompatible with Lycamobile. My old T-Mobile phone was blacklisted few weeks after Lycamobile sent text message indicating that the phone will stop working on Lycamobile network and stopped to recognize Lycamobile SIM card (while recognizing all other SIM cards). I intended to use it on 2G Lycamobile Network but it was impossible because of blacklisting.
    What were the symptoms that your phone was blacklisted?

Feedback Score
    Looks like rather than buying another phone, I can instead switch to Red Pocket which has comparable plan(except data is hard capped).

Any suggestions on Red Pocket service?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgin man View Post
    What were the symptoms that your phone was blacklisted?
    The phone does not recognize Lycamobile SIM (and only Lycamobile SIMs, all other SIMS are OK). "Insert SIM" message displayed on the phone for any Lycamobile SIM card.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tampaite View Post
    so am a bit lost. Looks like I have to buy another handset but which one that has a Micro SIM slot? I bought the Note 4 on eBay for $120 few months ago. Is there anything comparable to Note 4 in that price range?

Please let me know once you hear back from LM support.
    Moto E4: https://www.amazon.com/Moto-4th-Gene...ywords=moto+E4

Device(s)
    Samsung A157
    Carrier(s)
    LycaMobile
    Feedback Score
    The phone does not recognize Lycamobile SIM (and only Lycamobile SIMs, all other SIMS are OK). "Insert SIM" message displayed on the phone for any Lycamobile SIM card.
    Thank you. I was wondering because several weeks ago we were in Portland, Oregon, and our unlocked Samsung A157 phones with Lycamobile Plus sims displayed "Phone not allowed MM#6". However, when we returned to southeast Michigan, the phones started working again.

Feedback Score
    well, so my phone isn't blacklisted as it still recognizes the SIM but am still unable to get incoming calls so far.

Day 3 and counting....

I tested the SIM with an old Moto Razr phone and able to get incoming calls so it's definitely something to do with Galaxy Note 4 not being able to support the frequency or Lycamobile unable to provide support to the frequencies that Note 4 works with.

Feedback Score
    Finally...Finally..after so many trial and error method was able to change from LTE to 2G on N910A model.

Dial *#2263# and select option [7] - this did the trick and am able to receive incoming calls now. The network icon changes to E now.

I rate Lycamobile customer service and technical service teams as POOR as I spent countless hours trying to find the solution on my own...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by e.mote View Post

Hmm, you said you have the 910A model, which is the Note 4 AT&T variant. It looks to have the necessary bands, but posssible that there is compatibility issue with a TMO MVNO (Lyca).

http://samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-ph...0AZKEATT-specs

This link clearly shows that Note 4 does not support Band 4 1700 MHz.