Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Apple Music choppy on AT&T

Feedback Score
    An update: well I only lasted a week on t mobile and went back to AT&T even with the crappy data speed / Music streaming issues. T mobile simply did not have the coverage in areas I go. They did work better “in town” my music worked perfectly but I went outside of town and had NO SERVICE even in a voice sense :-( This is maddening - VZ and AT&T seem to have the best voice coverage but their data speeds suck! T mobile has bad coverage but the areas they do have coverage data speed is great!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus Grey 128Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wildinsalem View Post
    An update: well I only lasted a week on t mobile and went back to AT&T even with the crappy data speed / Music streaming issues. T mobile simply did not have the coverage in areas I go. They did work better “in town” my music worked perfectly but I went outside of town and had NO SERVICE even in a voice sense :-( This is maddening - VZ and AT&T seem to have the best voice coverage but their data speeds suck! T mobile has bad coverage but the areas they do have coverage data speed is great!
    What do you get on speed tests with AT&T?
    Hartford, CT Area

Feedback Score
    It varies but usually around 2mbps during the day and 30 after 10pm but I’ve even had the choppy music experience even where speeds are good. I’ve resorted to just downloading music when on WiFi. What good is unlimited when I can’t even fully use it? Seriously thinking of just moving to a cheap carrier and not using data!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus Grey 128Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Yeah to 2 down is pretty slow. Sounds like a classic congestion issue.

Device(s)
    Gold 128 GB iPhone 7+ Intel, whatever the cat dragged in
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    It varies but usually around 2mbps during the day and 30 after 10pm but I’ve even had the choppy music experience even where speeds are good. I’ve resorted to just downloading music when on WiFi. What good is unlimited when I can’t even fully use it? Seriously thinking of just moving to a cheap carrier and not using data!
    Then leave. Nobody is making you stick to a carrier that doesn't work for you except yourself.

Galaxy S7 - Carrier Aggregation Band 30 10 MHz PCC + Band 4 10 MHz SCC1 + Band 12 10 MHz SCC2
    iPhone 7 - Carrier Aggregation Band 4 10 MHz PCC + Band 2 10 MHz SCC1 + Band 12 5 MHz SCC2

-

Intel iPhone 7 Plus- AT&T Unlimited Plus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    Then leave. Nobody is making you stick to a carrier that doesn't work for you except yourself.
    If all the people left att that had network or performance issues they would have no customers and close up shop tomorrow.
    """new T-Mobile customer"""

Feedback Score
    The problem is coverage. Obviously I’d rather have crappy service (AT&T and VZ) than no service at all (my t mobile experience.)

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8+ and Gear S3 Frontier
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    The problem is coverage. Obviously I’d rather have crappy service (AT&T and VZ) than no service at all (my t mobile experience.)
    I don't think it's a coverage issue. Most likely a data capacity issue.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    Poor choice of words on my part. My -conundrum- is that I want good coverage but it seems data capacity issue but good coverage (AT&T and VZ) versus great capacity but horrible coverage (t mobile.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2