Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 24 of 24

Thread: Apple Music choppy on AT&T

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    106
    Feedback Score
    0
    An update: well I only lasted a week on t mobile and went back to AT&T even with the crappy data speed / Music streaming issues. T mobile simply did not have the coverage in areas I go. They did work better “in town” my music worked perfectly but I went outside of town and had NO SERVICE even in a voice sense :-( This is maddening - VZ and AT&T seem to have the best voice coverage but their data speeds suck! T mobile has bad coverage but the areas they do have coverage data speed is great!

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Greater Hartford, CT
    Posts
    12,041
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus Grey 128Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by wildinsalem View Post
    An update: well I only lasted a week on t mobile and went back to AT&T even with the crappy data speed / Music streaming issues. T mobile simply did not have the coverage in areas I go. They did work better “in town” my music worked perfectly but I went outside of town and had NO SERVICE even in a voice sense :-( This is maddening - VZ and AT&T seem to have the best voice coverage but their data speeds suck! T mobile has bad coverage but the areas they do have coverage data speed is great!
    What do you get on speed tests with AT&T?
    Hartford, CT Area

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    106
    Feedback Score
    0
    It varies but usually around 2mbps during the day and 30 after 10pm but I’ve even had the choppy music experience even where speeds are good. I’ve resorted to just downloading music when on WiFi. What good is unlimited when I can’t even fully use it? Seriously thinking of just moving to a cheap carrier and not using data!

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Greater Hartford, CT
    Posts
    12,041
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus Grey 128Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    Yeah to 2 down is pretty slow. Sounds like a classic congestion issue.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,675
    Device(s)
    Gold 128 GB iPhone 7+ Intel, whatever the cat dragged in
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by wildinsalem View Post
    It varies but usually around 2mbps during the day and 30 after 10pm but I’ve even had the choppy music experience even where speeds are good. I’ve resorted to just downloading music when on WiFi. What good is unlimited when I can’t even fully use it? Seriously thinking of just moving to a cheap carrier and not using data!
    Then leave. Nobody is making you stick to a carrier that doesn't work for you except yourself.

    Galaxy S7 - Carrier Aggregation Band 30 10 MHz PCC + Band 4 10 MHz SCC1 + Band 12 10 MHz SCC2
    iPhone 7 - Carrier Aggregation Band 4 10 MHz PCC + Band 2 10 MHz SCC1 + Band 12 5 MHz SCC2

    -

    Intel iPhone 7 Plus- AT&T Unlimited Plus

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    283
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    Then leave. Nobody is making you stick to a carrier that doesn't work for you except yourself.
    If all the people left att that had network or performance issues they would have no customers and close up shop tomorrow.
    """new T-Mobile customer"""

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    106
    Feedback Score
    0
    The problem is coverage. Obviously I’d rather have crappy service (AT&T and VZ) than no service at all (my t mobile experience.)

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,357
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S8+ and Gear S3 Frontier
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wildinsalem View Post
    The problem is coverage. Obviously I’d rather have crappy service (AT&T and VZ) than no service at all (my t mobile experience.)
    I don't think it's a coverage issue. Most likely a data capacity issue.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    106
    Feedback Score
    0
    Poor choice of words on my part. My -conundrum- is that I want good coverage but it seems data capacity issue but good coverage (AT&T and VZ) versus great capacity but horrible coverage (t mobile.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-28-2014, 03:01 PM
  2. Apple employee DISCOUNT on AT&T service
    By Af-falcon in forum Apple
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-27-2008, 07:54 AM
  3. Apple servers on AT&T Network equals a good thing?
    By BeyondTheTech in forum Apple
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-12-2007, 11:31 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-10-2007, 11:03 AM

Bookmarks