Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Apple Music choppy on AT&T

Feedback Score

Apple Music choppy on AT&T

I am completely frustrated. My Apple Music radio stations are playing really choppy and sometimes it stops completely but yet I can pop in a Verizon SIM card no problems (though I generally have for more issues with them.) And this sputtering isn't happening on wifi either. I logged a case with AT&T and Apple Music and of course they both blame each other! Is anyone else seeing this happen? It's happening even when I can run a speed test that yields a good speed.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256 GB Space Gray
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Well what do you get on speedtest.net? I see no such issues.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T/Sprint/VZW
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Apple Music stations and streamed music plays fine on my AT&T iPhone and my at&t iPad

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus Grey 128Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xchpstang View Post
    Apple Music stations and streamed music plays fine on my AT&T iPhone and my at&t iPad
    Same here as well! OP you're probably just in a bad service area. It happens.
    Hartford, CT Area

Device(s)
    Apple Iphone 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I also don’t have any issue and haven’t really had any with streaming music in general

Feedback Score
    This happens when speedtest is coming in 50mbps for download

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Starting to think they all suck
    Feedback Score
    Apple Music is slow in general in my opinion. I don’t experience stuttering but sometimes it’ll be slow to start a track, and searches are slow compared to other services. Do a search on Spotify and it’s instant results with near-instant track plays. Apple Music searches take substantially longer to produce results and tracks take longer to begin playing. Even Tidal, with HiFi streaming, tracks begin playing more quickly than Apple Music. My experiences are on AT&T and VZW.

Device(s)
    AT&T iPhone 6 Plus, Verizon Mifi 6620L
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Is StreamSaver turned on in your AT&T account on the website? I don’t know if StreamSaver affects music playback (I think it’s only supposed to affect video), but could be worth checking.

Also check the speed test at fast.com. That uses Netflix servers and so can tell you if you’re getting throttled on streaming.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I don't have this issue and I stream tons of music while on LTE. Also have the "stream high quality while on cellular data" setting on.

Feedback Score
    Still happens all the time I don't know what to make of it I can stream video perfectly all the time but Apple Music is being depriorotized somehow by AT&T

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wildinsalem View Post
    Still happens all the time I don't know what to make of it I can stream video perfectly all the time but Apple Music is being depriorotized somehow by AT&T
    ask friends & family that have iphones to see if it does the same thing on their phones.
    you might also try getting a new sim card to rule out a possible bad sim. also
    make sure that your phone has all the latest ios updates.

Feedback Score
    I got so frustrated with AT&T's lousy coverage and sputtering Apple Music so I switched to T Mobile. Problem solved!

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wildinsalem View Post
    I got so frustrated with AT&T's lousy coverage and sputtering Apple Music so I switched to T Mobile. Problem solved!
    I kind of did the same thing. Switching to TMobile solved all the issues
    Sent from my windows phone

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I have the same issue here in Seattle. No problems streaming videos, but Apple Music makes my morning commute painful.

Feedback Score
    I went on a drive yesterday from McMinnville to Albany and Music was sputtering the entire drive I stopped by the Salem AT&T store and they blamed my handset. Then when I got back into McMinnville went to a second store and showed them the problem. They also blamed my handset. So I reset it back to default and this morning it was still sputtering so that was the last straw I went to tmobile and I've been playing my music flawlessly for 4 hours now no problem whatsoever

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast