Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: Legacy Gold renewal with no problems

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    US
    Posts
    109
    Carrier(s)
    TmobileToGo
    Feedback Score
    0

    Talking Legacy Gold renewal with no problems

    FWIW, just renewed my 2 remaining Gold Rewards lines thru Callingmart RTR. They went thru fine and I did get the full year renewal on 8/9/17 with no issues, so the Gold Rewards continue.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Southwest Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,743
    Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); Moto G (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Good to hear, and thanks for the report. I do (refill) my one line in October and haven't had any problems the past two years (whenever they scrapped their traditional PAYGO/Gold Rewards, or ever since 2005!).

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    875
    Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    Has there been discussion of it ending?

    If so, can someone provide link?

    My expire is sometimes next March. Should one top off now?

    Thx.

    Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,787
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gwite View Post
    Has there been discussion of it ending?

    If so, can someone provide link?

    My expire is sometimes next March. Should one top off now?

    Thx.

    Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk
    I topped up 2 Gold Rewards Legacy plans in late April and they worked as expected.

    I had a $1 a Day plan that always in the past gave me a year but it only renewed for 90 days this time so when it was due to top up again I just switched to the $3 a month plan since I didn't really use the $1 a Day plan much anymore.

    I don't know if they stopped the year roll over after I topped up in late April or not.

    Maybe contact T-Mobile and see.

    Sent from my Wonderful LG Phoenix 2
    *After All, There Is Nothing Real Outside Our Perception Of Reality, Is There?*







  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Southwest Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,743
    Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); Moto G (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    0
    If you haven't already, establish an online management account at my.t-mobile.com and see when your expiration is. Then refill before 9 p.m. that day to get your maximum value (as far as refill interval goes).

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    290
    Feedback Score
    0
    Those old PAYG gold reward plans were great for us poor boys. Too bad I lost it when I switched over to $2/day plan, switched back to PAYG

    Sent from my RCT6513W87 using HoFo mobile app

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    290
    Feedback Score
    0
    For those those that like to pay the bare minimum for cell service like the $3/month plan... You can try the $5/month plan from Red Pocket Mobile... 100 mins, 100 text, and 500 mb data... Only available on eBay and you have to PayPal one year up front ($60).

    I just ported over last week and since it's using the TMobile network, call and data quality is exactly the same. Except now I'm getting more for my money.


    Sent from my RCT6513W87 using HoFo mobile app

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    875
    Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    Again. Why the assumption(speculation) that the Legacy plan is ending?

    Is there info anywhere else, besides this thread.

    Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    286
    Feedback Score
    0
    A T-Mobile employee told me they wouldn't be surprised if it ends sometime in 2018. He said he's heard quite a bit of how tmobile wants everyone off of the old legacy plans

    That's not proof of anything but it does sound like they want people off of those plans
    """new T-Mobile customer"""

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    290
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by caddypower View Post
    A T-Mobile employee told me they wouldn't be surprised if it ends sometime in 2018. He said he's heard quite a bit of how tmobile wants everyone off of the old legacy plans

    That's not proof of anything but it does sound like they want people off of those plans
    My guess is they'll get rid of the 1 year expiration date on PAYG gold customers and limit it to 3 months. Forcing us to pay a minimum of $40/year.

    Sent from my RCT6513W87 using HoFo mobile app

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,787
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by munkala View Post
    My guess is they'll get rid of the 1 year expiration date on PAYG gold customers and limit it to 3 months. Forcing us to pay a minimum of $40/year.

    Sent from my RCT6513W87 using HoFo mobile app
    I have a huge balance on my 2 Legacy Gold plans.
    I don't actually use my phones very much anymore.
    And for some stupid reason I ordered a Tracfone bundle a few days ago... (it's an addiction)
    I put one of my T-Mobile $1 a day plans on the $3 a month plan and ended up only using 3 or 4 minutes of talk minutes.

    Ughh!!

    Sent from my Wonderful LG Phoenix 2

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    902
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    I have a huge balance on my 2 Legacy Gold plans.
    I don't actually use my phones very much anymore.
    And for some stupid reason I ordered a Tracfone bundle a few days ago... (it's an addiction)
    I put one of my T-Mobile $1 a day plans on the $3 a month plan and ended up only using 3 or 4 minutes of talk minutes.

    Ughh!!

    Sent from my Wonderful LG Phoenix 2
    I feel you on that, I have a legacy gold with an $86 balance that I don't ever use. I keep it around as a backup and keep renewing it every year so I don't lose my balance. Might end up selling it.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    290
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lothos View Post
    I feel you on that, I have a legacy gold with an $86 balance that I don't ever use. I keep it around as a backup and keep renewing it every year so I don't lose my balance. Might end up selling it.
    At least you remembered to refill it. I also had over $70 on my only PAYG gold account. I left the phone in my drawer, forgot all about it past expiration. Thank God, the number was still active and i quickly topped it off with $10. Now I'm wiser... I stuck a post it note on the phone with the exact date it will expire.

    It seems all of us are just keeping these gold accounts alive and never actually making calls on them.

    Sent from my RCT6513W87 using HoFo mobile app

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Southwest Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,743
    Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); Moto G (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    0
    I just used mine yesterday for a call that lasted about ten minutes. I don't think T-Mobile will be reneging on grandfathered plans.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Southwest Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,743
    Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); Moto G (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    0
    And after checking www.my.t-mobile.com, it turns out my year is up on Oct. 6, so I've made a note of that and will be re-upping once again on that day. That year's end always seems to sneak up on me!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 05:04 PM
  2. ETEN M600+ and GPS: looking for users with no problems
    By Frank in forum Windows Mobile (Before 7)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-16-2006, 09:48 PM
  3. i930 with no problems
    By Radio.Dude in forum General Nextel Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-10-2005, 11:33 PM
  4. How many people have the decert installed with NO problems.
    By tzarcone in forum General Nextel Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-07-2005, 10:47 AM
  5. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-26-2003, 09:35 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks