Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: AT&T Unlimited Data Only 29.99 up to 22GB 29.99 plan

Feedback Score

AT&T Unlimited Data Only 29.99 up to 22GB 29.99 plan

Anyone on the unlimited data 29.99 plan? Verizon seems to want $80 a month for same plan and AT&T seems to be cheapest. I had to cancel out another cable based ISP for really poor service. I realize you can't tether and it is one device only which is fine with me for now. I am confused how speeds are throttled after 22GB and if it is always throttled to slow speeds or just during network congestion.

Feedback Score
    The speeds are not throttled after 22GB. If you are connecting to a congested tower, your speed maybe slowed until the congestion clears. Even if you are below 22GB, your speed may be slowed if the tower is congested such as a sporting event.

My son routinely exceeds 100GB with his phone and has never experienced any noticeable slow speeds. A relative uses a Mobley connected to an AC power supply for their primary internet with no problems streaming Netflix.

Feedback Score
    Sounds great. Thank you for the quick response.

Feedback Score
    Is it the ipad plan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Definitely not throttled it's deprioritized. I used 133 gigs on that plan the month I had it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad2388 View Post
    Is it the ipad plan?

I have an Ipad and it shows up as available plan on my device. I believe it is a data only non tethered plan. Not sure if it is specifically limited to tablets or not.

Apparently the routers are setup to automatically run prioritization via AT&T. To me this is good news as I am more interested in unlimited data than having full speeds 24/7 and I guess I could always purchase additional buckets of data if I need prioritized access.

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LTENetwork View Post
    I have an Ipad and it shows up as available plan on my device. I believe it is a data only non tethered plan. Not sure if it is specifically limited to tablets or not.

Apparently the routers are setup to automatically run prioritization via AT&T. To me this is good news as I am more interested in unlimited data than having full speeds 24/7 and I guess I could always purchase additional buckets of data if I need prioritized access.
    The $29.99 tablet I believe does support tethering. It requires a supported AT&T/Nexus tablet (not just iPad) to sign up. As a DataConnect plan, it works with other DataConnect devices too after activation.

The tethering function is what makes it better than the Mobley plan. The Mobley plan in an iPad will not do tethering, the $29.99 plan I think does. It's possible my Nexus 7 just didn't have the tethering check though.

Unlimited Plus is superior to both plans as it adds Canada/Mexico free LTE.
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Phone.news (Temp Mod Note: Non-profit)

Device(s)
    Nexus 6p,iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score

AT&T Unlimited Data Only 29.99 up to 22GB 29.99 plan

The $29.99 tablet dataconnect plan does not appear to support tethering on the iPad. The personal hotspot option does not appear in settings.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mch View Post
    The $29.99 tablet dataconnect plan does not appear to support tethering on the iPad. The personal hotspot option does not appear in settings.
    It does for me but it redirects me to att website smh

Feedback Score
    Will this plan auto renew

Device(s)
    Nexus 6p,iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad2388 View Post
    Will this plan auto renew

It appears you can set it up to autorenew or not. I haven't hit my first autorenewal though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mch View Post
    It appears you can set it up to autorenew or not. I haven't hit my first autorenewal though.
    I wish they offered a wireless hotspot feature with unlimited data for a reasonable price but I fully understand why they don't due to spectrum limitations which is not their fault and would increase utilization and decrease speeds further.

Unfortunately where I live I can not get wired internet with a reliable company as I had to cancel Charter who I plan on suing in court.

If I had another property with appropriate internet in NYC city limits, it would be through an appropriate communications firm that had their own fiber optic lines or even upcoming 5G services or whatnot.

I am on AT&T unlimited as long as the 29.99 rate continues for the forseeable futur

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Solution

I have the same plan, and placed the sim in an At&t homebase ZTE Z700A, and am getting 50 meg down and 30 up, used 400 gigs so far this month. Have the wifi turned off, and hooked ethernet to powerful Linksys router. Running multiple 4k streams at once no prob.

Quote Originally Posted by LTENetwork View Post
    I wish they offered a wireless hotspot feature with unlimited data for a reasonable price but I fully understand why they don't due to spectrum limitations which is not their fault and would increase utilization and decrease speeds further.

Unfortunately where I live I can not get wired internet with a reliable company as I had to cancel Charter who I plan on suing in court.

If I had another property with appropriate internet in NYC city limits, it would be through an appropriate communications firm that had their own fiber optic lines or even upcoming 5G services or whatnot.

I am on AT&T unlimited as long as the 29.99 rate continues for the forseeable futur
    Fixed based wireless ZTE Z700a on T-Mobile One wearable plan

Always testing, hacking, and pushing the limits of what's possible with wireless

Been in industry since 1996

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CallmeJake View Post
    The speeds are not throttled after 22GB. If you are connecting to a congested tower, your speed maybe slowed until the congestion clears. Even if you are below 22GB, your speed may be slowed if the tower is congested such as a sporting event.

My son routinely exceeds 100GB with his phone and has never experienced any noticeable slow speeds. A relative uses a Mobley connected to an AC power supply for their primary internet with no problems streaming Netflix.
    Isn't the $30 data connect plan exclusively for ipads and tablets?

Device(s)
    Note2/Oppo7a
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone $35
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MVNO!!! View Post
    Isn't the $30 data connect plan exclusively for ipads and tablets?
    Ever hear the phrase "Better to ask for forgiveness than permission?"

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast