Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: AT&T Unlimited Data Only 29.99 up to 22GB 29.99 plan

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gedster314 View Post
    Ever hear the phrase "Better to ask for forgiveness than permission?"
    Do you mean that we should sign up, use it, and if they complain that the plan is only for tablets and not phones, only then apologize?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MVNO!!! View Post
    Isn't the $30 data connect plan exclusively for ipads and tablets?
    Terms of service for data prioritization is the same for the new unlimited phone data, connected car devices and tablet plans. Lots of Mobley devices being used in an AC adapter for more than a year with no service disruption.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6p,iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score

AT&T Unlimited Data Only 29.99 up to 22GB 29.99 plan

Quote Originally Posted by mch View Post
    It appears you can set it up to autorenew or not. I haven't hit my first autorenewal though.
    the plan renewed automatically today.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MVNO!!! View Post
    Do you mean that we should sign up, use it, and if they complain that the plan is only for tablets and not phones, only then apologize?
    More specifically, AT&T's terms clearly state that they may, at their discretion, disconnect you or change your plan unilaterally. It's up to them. Right now, they aren't.

Not official, but a source who I trust says that AT&T almost certainly has an internal accounting rule that deters them from encouraging churn. Basically as long as they're making money, they don't care if the tech savvy use the SIM in a different device. At the end of the day, it benefits AT&T zero to force you to tote around a qualifying tablet instead of a smartphone. You'll use the same amount of data (if not more just out of punitive revenge), and they know it.

Now if the Today Show tomorrow told viewers that you could get AT&T service for $29/month and walked them through signing up and installing Skype for phone calls... it is reasonable to conclude that AT&T might consider implementing changes. This is known as price discrimination in economics, or an "under the table" offering on mainstreet... it's perfectly reasonable... on both sides.
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Phone.news (Temp Mod Note: Non-profit)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hatoncat View Post
    More specifically, AT&T's terms clearly state that they may, at their discretion, disconnect you or change your plan unilaterally. It's up to them. Right now, they aren't.

Not official, but a source who I trust says that AT&T almost certainly has an internal accounting rule that deters them from encouraging churn. Basically as long as they're making money, they don't care if the tech savvy use the SIM in a different device. At the end of the day, it benefits AT&T zero to force you to tote around a qualifying tablet instead of a smartphone. You'll use the same amount of data (if not more just out of punitive revenge), and they know it.

Now if the Today Show tomorrow told viewers that you could get AT&T service for $29/month and walked them through signing up and installing Skype for phone calls... it is reasonable to conclude that AT&T might consider implementing changes. This is known as price discrimination in economics, or an "under the table" offering on mainstreet... it's perfectly reasonable... on both sides.
    I just upgraded my iPad to the mini 4 and put my AT&T sim in it to replace the included Apple Sim. Works perfect with the unlimited data plan. Apparently if I use Apple sim on AT&T which I could it makes the Apple sim useless for other carriers as it becomes locked to AT&T. I would have swapped to the Apple Sim if I could use it with the unlimited plan for AT&T and could swap to other carriers. But knowing this, I will keep the Apple Sim separate. Glad I already had a working AT&T sim.

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LTENetwork View Post
    I just upgraded my iPad to the mini 4 and put my AT&T sim in it to replace the included Apple Sim. Works perfect with the unlimited data plan. Apparently if I use Apple sim on AT&T which I could it makes the Apple sim useless for other carriers as it becomes locked to AT&T. I would have swapped to the Apple Sim if I could use it with the unlimited plan for AT&T and could swap to other carriers. But knowing this, I will keep the Apple Sim separate. Glad I already had a working AT&T sim.
    That is true, and it is actually worse on iPhone, where it will lock the device's SIM tray, not just the SIM card!

This is why you should always insert a Verizon SIM into a carrier-agnostic iPhone sold at Best Buy, or elsewhere, before activating it (and/or powering it up). Verizon is required per Block C regulations to unlock devices. Introducing a VZW SIM to an iPhone sold through those channels during unboxing/activation, will render it permanently unlocked.

But in the iPad's case, Apple stood firm on keeping them "always unlocked" - so you can always just pick up a new Apple SIM from an Apple Retail Store, should you decide to use the included Apple SIM card with AT&T.

Feedback Score
    I bought the cellular model rather than do a wifi and hotspot solution as someone said it will work as a hotspot because for traveling I don't want to shlep another device.

However, as my iPad is unlocked and I have an Apple sim I guess I would need another plan to have a two sim solution work for me.

Device(s)
    Moto G3, Moto G4 Play, LG Gpad X
    Carrier(s)
    Expo Mobile, Tracfone (AT&T), Tello, AT&T Unlimited Data Pass
    Feedback Score
    This is my second month on this plan. People need to realize that this plan is completely controlled by the user online. CS can do nothing for you here.
    I used it the first month on my unlocked AT&T branded LG tablet. I have since switched it to my unlocked Nextbit Robbin smartphone and I find Hotspot works. I only get about 5Mbps speeds using Hotspot, which I really don't need since I have a strong cable internet connection and don't mind paying $45 a month including tax. On my Robbin, speeds vary anywhere from 10Mbps to 35Mbps down and about 7-10 Mbps up. I am on band 2. Hangout calls work very well when I have needed it and am satisfied with the service. I signed up for auto renew but will not convert to postpaid. AT&T is definitely the strongest signal and best data speeds where I live in Henderson. Verizon and Sprint are the pits here - though Verizon is decent for voice. T-Mobile is Ok for data but staticky for voice. AT&T is clearly the big winner where I live so I am very grateful for this plan.

Sent from my Robin using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Palm Treo 700wx Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    They do offer what you are suggesting. If you get a line on the unlimited plan, they will sell you a cellular router to put it in. Or you can go to Amazon and buy your own router and it tells you what sim to ask for from AT&T.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LTEnabled View Post
    I have the same plan, and placed the sim in an At&t homebase ZTE Z700A, and am getting 50 meg down and 30 up, used 400 gigs so far this month. Have the wifi turned off, and hooked ethernet to powerful Linksys router. Running multiple 4k streams at once no prob.
    I'm very interested to know do you need to have a post paid account with Att to use the homebase?

I finally found a home base online and I want to use my $30 unlimited iPad plan in that device, but I do not have an account with att to set the device up with my sim or am I over complicating it and it's just as simple as plug and play.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mplayers2005 View Post
    I'm very interested to know do you need to have a post paid account with Att to use the homebase?

I finally found a home base online and I want to use my $30 unlimited iPad plan in that device, but I do not have an account with att to set the device up with my sim or am I over complicating it and it's just as simple as plug and play.
    Yes plug and play.

Except the apn. Since its a data only device plan you will need to use Broadband apn.

If it were setup as a phone you can use Nxtgenphone.

It comes default to nxtgenphone and will habe to be changed to broadband.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Note2/Oppo7a
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone $35
    Feedback Score
    Anyone notice stream saver in action on an ipad plan. I had the plan for years and killed it off a few months ago in favor of connected car. I never saw the option to turn off stream saver in the account management page. My nephew just signed up for the ipad plan and his new account management page doesn't have the option to turn it off off. If he does experience streamsaver video issues, is the only option a call to to tech support or should he go through the hassle of getting Connected Car. On my second CC plan I had to go to a company store have the store staff and phone support people stumble arround the ATT system for 1.5 hours before they got it going, wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Feedback Score
    Do I need a new SIM card or something?

Every time my data connection drops to 4g I get extremely slow data speeds to no data speed. I have 2 -3 bars on 4g but just a horrible connection.

Device(s)
    SGS 7
    Carrier(s)
    MSV 10GB plus 10GB free, 4 lines
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LTENetwork View Post
    I wish they offered a wireless hotspot feature with unlimited data for a reasonable price but I fully understand why they don't due to spectrum limitations which is not their fault and would increase utilization and decrease speeds further.

Unfortunately where I live I can not get wired internet with a reliable company as I had to cancel Charter who I plan on suing in court.

If I had another property with appropriate internet in NYC city limits, it would be through an appropriate communications firm that had their own fiber optic lines or even upcoming 5G services or whatnot.

I am on AT&T unlimited as long as the 29.99 rate continues for the forseeable futur
    Using LTE as home internet in NYC is just plain abuse. You need to figure your problems out with Charter. You don't sue a broadband provider, you go through the PUC, and if necessary, FCC, to get the service working as advertised. This plan is great for places where there are more cows or corn than people and no wired broadband available. This is a heck of a lot better than "unlimited" satellite, where you get throttled to like 1mbps after your allotment, and have to deal with crazy high ping.
    Happy AT&T customer and addicted Speedtester in CT
    AT&T Galaxy S7
    If you text while driving, you're an idiot. End of story.

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    AT&T and Randall opened the door by outright allowing Home Internet devices on Unlimited Plus. So if it's "abuse", it's AT&T asking for it.

Personally I think the carriers are pushing for infrastructure dollars in the upcoming $1 Trillion federal infrastructure program, and are stress testing their networks to justify it. Rural broadband, over 5G LTE, and they want the dollars to do it.

I do agree that suing a broadband provider isn't likely to do much. Small claims judges decide cases in about a minute. They aren't going to look at pings and TTLs. You might have a class action, but you would need to demonstrate you aren't alone in that.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast