Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: AT&T Unlimited Data Only 29.99 up to 22GB 29.99 plan

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mplayers2005 View Post
    Wow, you lie more than the president!! Lol.... the service term agreement clearly states the device is to be used for "eligible vehicles", and your office is not a vehicle. Oh and I can't wait until people start jumping off cliffs, I assume you will follow since everybody does it. But this is pointless since you lack a moral compass, It's like beating a dead cat with a hat.
    I would encourage you to continue this conversation in the Mobley thread. The Mobley is way off track of this topic, I only mentioned it to address the WHPI connection to the $29.99 tablet plan, and AT&T's endorsement of unlimited data across all three device types. Safe to say, there's a strong consensus that disagrees with you, and AT&T has ample opportunity to offer a one-sentence clarification if they so choose to the TOS.

I have no intention of continuing the debate with you here, there's about zero chance of any advancement - and these topics have been well debated across hundreds of pages in the Mobley thread.
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Phone.news (Temp Mod Note: Non-profit)

Device(s)
    SGS 7
    Carrier(s)
    MSV 10GB plus 10GB free, 4 lines
    Feedback Score
    Exactly, but cat has made his mind up and will find some wordy response that makes little to no sense. This dude is about to be in a tailspin if something goes wrong
    It's absolutely stupid to run a business off of an LTE connection on a permanent basis (unless it's like a food truck or a cart or something where there is no way to wire in or it moves around), and irresponsible from a business perspective, but at the same time, I don't think that you can tie the failure of Reagan's economic policies to being ridiculously cheap and irresponsible about a business's internet connection.

AT&T has let the cat out of the bag, or the hat, here, and I'm not going to blame an irresponsible business owner for AT&T's issues with bandwidth management and the way they have structured their plans. But I will blame a business owner for being irresponsible about running their business.
    Happy AT&T customer and addicted Speedtester in CT
    AT&T Galaxy S7
    If you text while driving, you're an idiot. End of story.

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GSMinCT View Post
    It's absolutely stupid to run a business off of an LTE connection on a permanent basis (unless it's like a food truck or a cart or something where there is no way to wire in or it moves around), and irresponsible from a business perspective, but at the same time, I don't think that you can tie the failure of Reagan's economic policies to being ridiculously cheap and irresponsible about a business's internet connection.

AT&T has let the cat out of the bag, or the hat, here, and I'm not going to blame an irresponsible business owner for AT&T's issues with bandwidth management and the way they have structured their plans. But I will blame a business owner for being irresponsible about running their business.
    That's the great thing about capitalism. You worry about your business, and I'll worry about mine. I can say at my location, I have had no issues with AT&T Unlimited Data powering the office. We get our email, we even download AOSP (which is a very uptime-dependent process), all without issue.

News Flash: If I did have issues, I'd get cable. It's $100 a month, not $1,000. We're talking about an $80 savings (which is still nearly $1,000 a year, but I digress). Do people really think anyone would let their business have issues if an $80 monthly savings caused major problems? People need to think more rationally these days, it really surprises me how people put their feelings over rationalized facts.

With the connection USB tethered to a router, most that visit the office don't even realize they're not using cable on our guest network.

Posting this right now, with DirecTV NOW streaming data free Sponsored Data TV (we're watching hurricane coverage). All from the same modem. Others are connected to it too. Nobody has complained about the speed since CA was deployed alongside a local loop improvement awhile ago. I posted a thread about it at the time.

Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    i was on att i did not see this plan am i missing something?

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorp View Post
    i was on att i did not see this plan am i missing something?
    The plan in this thread is the $29.99 AT&T Prepaid Tablet plan. You need a qualifying tablet to activate. Most tablets qualify. The only one I have seen that hasn't is the G Pad X 10.1. Even my Nexus 7 qualified.

Feedback Score

Well I feel (some) businesses are cheap, and irresponsible. Maybe it's my political affiliation and past events that bring me to this conclusion but must business run off cat Philosophy, capitalism.

Irresponsible does not sum up cat, he is more wreckless. Cat feels it is his responsibility to turn a profit at minimum cost. But cat is unaware of his actions of his cost cutting style could effect his quality, standards, performance and commitments.

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Well I feel (some) businesses are cheap, and irresponsible. Maybe it's my political affiliation and past events that bring me to this conclusion but must business run off cat Philosophy, capitalism.

Irresponsible does not sum up cat, he is more wreckless. Cat feels it is his responsibility to turn a profit at minimum cost. But cat is unaware of his actions of his cost cutting style could effect his quality, standards, performance and commitments.
    Reckless? Comcast is in the building. If I wanted to light up a cable modem, it would take 1) A drive to Best Buy.

Comcast doesn't shut off connections anymore, not since going all digital. I could probably fire up the Comcast offline channel right now with a QAM TV.

I guess I am "wreckless" (sic). I could pay $20 for a refurbished DOCSIS 3.0 modem to keep on-site, in case the day comes that LTE goes down. That would save me the 30 minutes of going to Best Buy. But it hasn't yet. And sheesh, I could probably connect to Xfinity Wi-Fi.

Edit: Wait, wait, yup. Another xfinitywifi spot is in range. So I could fall back to Comcast within two minutes using a Comcast account.

"Wreckless". Living dangerous here. (That was sarcasm, by the way).

Anyone who can use Unlimited Plus or a Mobley could switch back to cable tomorrow, provided it's in their area. That makes the risk... zero.

Device(s)
    SGS 7
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Yes, that is all true. I'm still have a hard time jumping from Reagonomics and all the problems they have brought to an irresponsible business owner running a business off of LTE.

Quote Originally Posted by hatoncat View Post
    Anyone who can use Unlimited Plus or a Mobley could switch back to cable tomorrow, provided it's in their area. That makes the risk... zero.
    That would take a lot of time, in the meantime, you'd be losing business. What if you weren't there, and your employees were running the business? That is absolutely reckless to be running a business off of an LTE hotspot when it's not necessary for the business's location (i.e. a trailer).

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Yes, that is all true. I'm still have a hard time jumping from Reagonomics and all the problems they have brought to an irresponsible business owner running a business off of LTE.

That would take a lot of time, in the meantime, you'd be losing business. What if you weren't there, and your employees were running the business? That is absolutely reckless to be running a business off of an LTE hotspot when it's not necessary for the business's location (i.e. a trailer).
    Steps to swap back to cable:

1) Plug modem in, turn on (30 minutes to buy one, assuming I didn't opt for buying a $20 refurb DOCSIS backup modem - but as mentioned, I like to live "wrecklessly" (sic)).
    2) Call Comcast, provide MAC address, premises address, or sign up online (10 minutes using Comcast's online signup, ~20 on the phone from my experience).
    3) Unplug Mobley USB port at router, plug cable modem into CAT-5 port at router (1 minute, or less if I'm caffeinated).

I don't think anyone here would have trouble going to Best Buy, purchasing a modem, and reading a MAC address off to me over the phone (assuming I'm on vacation or something). In fact, they'd probably crack puns the entire time about this being rigorous and stressful work.

All in all, less than an hour of downtime for an unlikely problem. Cost savings of $80/month ($960/year) in perpetuity in the mean time.

I can understand why if AT&T is unreliable in your area, or overcrowded, you're having trouble grasping this. It would be like me telling someone in rural parts of my county, that Sprint works great in most areas. But the simple fact is that AT&T has many markets that are sorely underutilized, and the offering makes win-win sense for AT&T and the customer as a home/office (SOHO) internet solution in those markets.

Feedback Score
    Yes, that is all true. I'm still have a hard time jumping from Reagonomics and all the problems they have brought to an irresponsible business owner running a business off of LTE
    No, There is no parallel between those two, what I was trying to apply with the reagonomics comment were that (most) businesses are greedy. The more they make, the more they hoard. If cats was to get a reduce tax burden, then he would still be using the mobley as office internet. Just as in he has the money for office space and equipment but does not have a wired business connection to support his infrastructure.
    Which I'm trying to state he would still be cheap and greedy, and if he is cutting corners with the internet, then what else is he doing to cut corners.

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    and if he is cutting corners with the internet, then what else is he doing to cut corners.
    Which is why politics and off-topic discussion are prohibited in this forum. You do not have a right to come on here and attack or question my own business - a topic completely irrelevant to AT&T, the Mobley, or the $29.99 tablet plan that this thread is supposed to be about.

Please cease and desist.

Device(s)
    SGS 7
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    No, There is no parallel between those two, what I was trying to apply with the reagonomics comment were that (most) businesses are greedy. The more they make, the more they hoard. If cats was to get a reduce tax burden, then he would still be using the mobley as office internet. Just as in he has the money for office space and equipment but does not have a wired business connection to support his infrastructure.
    Which I'm trying to state he would still be cheap and greedy, and if he is cutting corners with the internet, then what else is he doing to cut corners.
    Yeah, I see the logic. Everything you say is sound and logical, it's still a big jump.

Which is why politics and off-topic discussion are prohibited in this forum. You do not have a right to come on here and attack or question my own business - a topic completely irrelevant to AT&T, the Mobley, or the $29.99 tablet plan that this thread is supposed to be about.

Please cease and desist.
    It's actually quite relevant. Reaganomics may not be, but you obviously don't care about cutting corners wherever you can, so I would question how you run your business. Then again, you look at a lot of small businesses, and look at their IT infrastructure, or even other utility and facility issues, and they are doing all sorts of awful things.

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    It's actually quite relevant. Reaganomics may not be, but you obviously don't care about cutting corners wherever you can, so I would question how you run your business.
    Clearly a rule violation in my opinion, there's no grounds to continue discussing. I'm done with this thread. Unsubscribed.

Device(s)
    SGS 7
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Clearly a rule violation in my opinion, there's no grounds to continue discussing. I'm done with this thread. Unsubscribed.
    Not a rules violation at all. We're clearly discussing AT&T 4G LTE here, which is exactly what this forum is for.

Feedback Score
    Not a rules violation at all. We're clearly discussing AT&T 4G LTE here, which is exactly what this forum is for.
    LTE is just a standard on wireless. All classes of services compete against each other. Fiber optics, wireless including LTE and Microwave amongst others, satellite, and so on.

Each technology has real world usages in multiple applications. Plenty of businesses can use LTE successfully as it competes nicely against cablemodem connections and has the mobility factor as well as accessibility factor.

Cable modem speeds are node dependent, an overloaded node means low speed when busy. LTE is spectrum dependent and also high usage affects speeds.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast