Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Results 91 to 100 of 100

Thread: AT&T Unlimited Data Only 29.99 up to 22GB 29.99 plan

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,930
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7, Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    [QUOTE=LTENetwork;16902389]
    Quote Originally Posted by GSMinCT View Post
    LTE is a backup/mobile technology, not the primary connection for a business. It's great to have a wireless backup/mobile option for use cases that require it, but it's not cable, and never will be.[/QUOTE

    The truth is all copper connections are pretty much substandard nowadays. LTE can be equally as fast or faster than cablemodem for many people and also more reliable. LTE tends to have a slightly longer ping time than cablemodem.

    However, AT&T is doing millimeter wave which will have lower latency and higher speeds and the CEO Randall Stephenson is fully aware of the next phase for AT&T including DIRECTV integration into wireless. This will be a game changer for people who are in one specific location and will allow additional customers and faster than satellite speeds with much lower latency. Stephenson mentioned streaming content and AT&T has access to Time Warner copyrighted content and other lucrative content that people are interested in paying to see.

    LTE as of today can and has been used by businesses for primary connectivity. A vineyard in Napa Valley, California chose LTE to run their business due to lower costs involved than obtaining other connectivity. There are many examples of businesses using LTE as primary data feed.
    Cable has MUCH more potential than LTE right now for capacity. Cable Co’s Are going DOCIS 3.1 to bring gigabit speeds and also doing node splits such as N+1 and even better N+0 deployments. It’s not economically feasible to match DOCIS 3.1 capacity in urban areas at this point.

    If businesses and others are having to cut the wireline cord due to money, the I’m sure their expectations for reliable and stable service decrease.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    427
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mobley plan is gone and they are supposed to stop allowing people to add WHPI to unlimited plans today. So yeah it looks like the generous data ride is over

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,618
    Device(s)
    Note2/Oppo7a
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone $35
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jjennings2510 View Post
    Mobley plan is gone and they are supposed to stop allowing people to add WHPI to unlimited plans today. So yeah it looks like the generous data ride is over
    That's why you jump on them when they happen. Did that with iPad plan in 2010 and jumped on Connected Car when the price dropped to $20. I also jumped on the TPO Ringplus plan too. Good deals generally don't stick around.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    305
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jjennings2510 View Post
    Mobley plan is gone and they are supposed to stop allowing people to add WHPI to unlimited plans today. So yeah it looks like the generous data ride is over
    I am on auto renew of unlimited 29.99 iPad Tablet plan and will not give this plan up. I just need to make sure my credit card doesn’t expire on my account. The price is excellent even if I’m only needing partial months of service so I know I can always use it when I need to in conjunction with Wi-Fi connections.

    I agree, AT&T makes limited offers at times and you need to take them when they come out.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,729
    Device(s)
    SGS 7
    Carrier(s)
    MSV 10GB plus 10GB free, 4 lines
    Feedback Score
    0
    [QUOTE=CircuitSwitched;16908075]
    Quote Originally Posted by LTENetwork View Post
    Cable has MUCH more potential than LTE right now for capacity. Cable Co’s Are going DOCIS 3.1 to bring gigabit speeds and also doing node splits such as N+1 and even better N+0 deployments. It’s not economically feasible to match DOCIS 3.1 capacity in urban areas at this point.
    Definitely. As far as I can tell, LTE is roughly where cable was 10 years ago. That being said, cable can node split over and over again until they are N+0, whereas it's a lot harder to build new cell sites.

    Quote Originally Posted by jjennings2510 View Post
    Mobley plan is gone and they are supposed to stop allowing people to add WHPI to unlimited plans today. So yeah it looks like the generous data ride is over
    They must have finally realized what a mistake Unthrottled (other than depri) Unlimited service was. I believe the $60/mo 8mbps plan is still out there through Cricket.
    Happy AT&T customer and addicted Speedtester in CT
    AT&T Galaxy S7
    If you text while driving, you're an idiot. End of story.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    427
    Feedback Score
    0
    [QUOTE=GSMinCT;16910280]
    Quote Originally Posted by CircuitSwitched View Post

    Definitely. As far as I can tell, LTE is roughly where cable was 10 years ago. That being said, cable can node split over and over again until they are N+0, whereas it's a lot harder to build new cell sites.



    They must have finally realized what a mistake Unthrottled (other than depri) Unlimited service was. I believe the $60/mo 8mbps plan is still out there through Cricket.
    Have they ended new signups for the unlimited tablet plans? Someone said they took away the tablet plans. I don't have a tablet to test with. But the WHPI thing has apparently been extended. Now people are being told the change will happen on the 27th. That's weird because some people were not allowed to signup. So I guess they brought it back? And apparently reps are saying the Mobley plan will return but they don't have a date or details.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    427
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gedster314 View Post
    That's why you jump on them when they happen. Did that with iPad plan in 2010 and jumped on Connected Car when the price dropped to $20. I also jumped on the TPO Ringplus plan too. Good deals generally don't stick around.
    I agree. I didn't know anything about the iPad plan back in 2010 but likewise I was still with crappy sprint. I jumped on the Mobley plan as well and actually added a second line a couple of months after I added my first line. Glad I did

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    427
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by LTENetwork View Post
    I am on auto renew of unlimited 29.99 iPad Tablet plan and will not give this plan up. I just need to make sure my credit card doesn’t expire on my account. The price is excellent even if I’m only needing partial months of service so I know I can always use it when I need to in conjunction with Wi-Fi connections.

    I agree, AT&T makes limited offers at times and you need to take them when they come out.
    Yes I'm learning that now. AT&T will have some good offers and then pull them without warning. I didn't jump on the new iPad plan because I didn't need it. Already have 2 lines on the Mobley plan. Don't really need them either lol. But like you I feel as though the price is excellent and I do travel a lot so it's good having an unlimited portable hotspot. Leaves my phone free and is more secure than public wifi spots and generally faster (has even been faster than the expensive paid wifi in hotels which is crazy considering some charge like $15 a day for the privilege)

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    31
    Feedback Score
    0
    ATT is even taking away the option to add a unlimited hotspot to unlimited data phone plans. So they are getting rid of all this stuff across the board. Disappointing. Taking away their one advantage over the competition.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    427
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mrshowtime3 View Post
    ATT is even taking away the option to add a unlimited hotspot to unlimited data phone plans. So they are getting rid of all this stuff across the board. Disappointing. Taking away their one advantage over the competition.
    Yep but they may change course again. Originally they were supposed to stop WHPI signups on unlimited plans on 10/3. Then it was extended to the 27th. Then they sent out the notices on bills saying in December they wouldn't be eligible. Now reps are back to saying the 27th but they will be grandfathered in according to their systems. So it looks like AT&T isn't sure what it wants to do. Next couple of months will be interesting but who knows. They may reverse course on the hotspots...or they may add a third more premium unlimited that allows hotspots and costs more...or they may only offer tiered data for hotspots. The end of the year may be interesting for all of us

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Similar Threads

  1. AT&T iPad Unlimited Data Plan $29.99/month for sale
    By lardan in forum Take over my phone plan
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-04-2016, 07:01 PM
  2. WTB: AT&T iPad unlimited data plan 29.99
    By PHANTOM310 in forum Take over my phone plan
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-15-2016, 04:02 PM
  3. Wts AT&T unlimited data plan
    By PHANTOM310 in forum Take over my phone plan
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-08-2015, 08:27 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-11-2015, 04:30 PM
  5. AT&T ipad unlimited data 29.99
    By emscie in forum AT&T
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-04-2015, 02:22 AM

Bookmarks