Thread: Xfinity Mobile

Feedback Score

Xfinity Mobile

How is everyone either enjoying or disliking the service?

Device(s)
    Motorola v323i-awesome!
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I'm wondering that too...

I can't figure out if there's tethering, and also if the price is in total, or it's that price + piles of fees, like I used to get before switching to AT&T prepaid.

*IF* there's tethering and *IF* that's the actual price, and *IF* coverage and everything would work fine, I'd actually very seriously considering signing up with a line or three. (Probably 1 line for the $45 "unlimited" + for $12 I'd sign up a phone I'd just use for like walks and things, for safety basically)

Feedback Score
    You can tether. My first bill does include taxes and fees but it's not that bad. It's using Verizon's network but only a bit cheaper. I have 3 lines with Xfinity mobile and 3 with T-Mobile. I'm probably going to let T-Mobile go soon.

Device(s)
    Motorola v323i-awesome!
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info! Do you know like what percent the fees end up? When I had USCC the fees amounted to 25% (!)

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Lumia 640
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerwolf View Post
    Thanks for the info! Do you know like what percent the fees end up? When I had USCC the fees amounted to 25% (!)
    For me, the taxes are just over 10%. My current bill shows one unlimited line ($45), one pay by the GB line (less than 100MB used, so free), and a $5.50 phone payment; taxes are $6.11. Of course, taxes will vary depending on state and city.

I've had some issues, customer service can be a nightmare, though it does seem to be slowly improving. At least part of the issue is that it was a new service, the customer service/techs had no real experience and, because of demand, were overwhelmed. The service itself is great, roughly similar to Verizon postpaid (though pings tend to be in the 100ms range). You do get VoLTE and, I believe, Visual Voicemail.

Last, while you currently need to buy a phone to start a line (though allegedly BYOD is coming in a month or so), you can move the SIM to another phone and it should work fine. I do recommend, if you want to move the seem to an iPhone that you buy an iPhone (perhaps the SE, as the cheapest) to help it work better, there seems to be some differences in the way the lines are provisioned. So you can buy the LG X Charge, currently $1, and then move the SIM to a nicer Android phone and everything should still work.

Device(s)
    Motorola v323i-awesome!
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Hmm, so it's like $45 + 5.50 + 6.11 for you? Like 56.61 total? That's a good $16 more than I pay now, BUT would have more data...

Well thanks for your info! I'm definitely intrigued, especially once they let you bring your own device. (I use an unlocked iPhone 6s on AT&T now that I could use...)

Device(s)
    1+1, 1+3, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Hmm, so it's like $45 + 5.50 + 6.11 for you? Like 56.61 total? That's a good $16 more than I pay now, BUT would have more data...

Well thanks for your info! I'm definitely intrigued, especially once they let you bring your own device. (I use an unlocked iPhone 6s on AT&T now that I could use...)
    Are you comparing apples to apples? Do you have 2 lines? mogelijk is quoting you two lines -- 1 unlimited and the other by the GB -- AND the $5.50 is a monthly payment for his phone. His taxes for both lines are $6.11, so really $3.06/line on average.

Lastly, do you currently have xfinity as your internet provider? It's a good deal if you're already a Comcast customer.. It's not the best deal if you're not on Comcast already.

Device(s)
    Motorola v323i-awesome!
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Oooooh, okay, I misunderstood. So basically $6.11 fees on $57 of service (and maybe part of that is on the phone payment too.) That's not as bad... guess it's +10% or so, which at least beats the 25% I've paid with some carriers.

I'm leary about service quality, getting booted for actually using data, etc., but intrigued. MIGHT do it once they let you use your own phone...

AND I like the idea I could get a $12 line I use just for when I'm out walking or whatever, and don't want to accidentally wreck my main phone LOL. $12 is...probably worth it for that.

Device(s)
    1+1, 1+3, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Oooooh, okay, I misunderstood. So basically $6.11 fees on $57 of service (and maybe part of that is on the phone payment too.) That's not as bad... guess it's +10% or so, which at least beats the 25% I've paid with some carriers.

I'm leary about service quality, getting booted for actually using data, etc., but intrigued. MIGHT do it once they let you use your own phone...
    It's even cheaper than that. I believe mogelijk is NOT intending to use any data -- or keep it below the free 100mb allowance -- on his second line so basically it's a free line. He only has to pay taxes on the free line. So the service portion of his bill is really $45 + 0 + $6.11 (taxes) for the two lines. That's 51.11 for (1) unlimited line + (1) line with unlimited talk and text with 100mb data.

It's actually a pretty good deal.

Device(s)
    Feedback Score

AND I like the idea I could get a $12 line I use just for when I'm out walking or whatever, and don't want to accidentally wreck my main phone LOL. $12 is...probably worth it for that.
    Yes, I have one phone line that stays under 100 MB of data, the user is a technophobe that uses the smartphone as merely a phone -- not to mention almost always being on WiFi. Basically, service on that line is free, just that I pay whatever tax is charged on the line, and the phone charge. If you want to try Xfinity Mobile, now is a good time, since you can get the X Charge phone for $1 -- or if you want to pay monthly it is 4 cents/month. It is pretty close to a BYOD deal. The only "issue" is likely if you want to move the SIM to an iPhone, after the phone is activated, as you'll need to get the line reprovisioned on RSSX as an iPhone -- that is doable, but may take a week (or longer). It should work fine, though, on any Android you want to use.

My second line is Unlimited, so is $45/month, plus taxes. The phone on that line is paid off. The SIM is currently in an iPhone 7+ with no issues.

Service quality is basically the same as Verizon's. From tests various users here have done, signal strength and speeds are similar to Verizon postpaid. The only issue, that most people won't notice, is that ping times typically are around 100ms (instead of 40).

Next, you aren't going to be booted for using data. This is essentially a postpaid service -- they see how much data you actually use and charge you based on your usage; though it seems you prepay the amount you think you'll use (when you signed up). If you use less than 100 MB it is free, if you use more but less than 1 GB it is $12. If you use more than that, it is just $12 per GB (use 2.5 GB of data, you are charged $36). Additionally, if there is a month you have used 3GB before the month is over, (meaning you'd be charged $48 at the end of the month), you can switch to Unlimited in the middle of the month, so you'd only pay the $45. I think the one "oddity" there is that they charge the extra amount for the Unlimited plan when you swap. The only "cutoff" is at 20GB where speeds are throttled on Unlimited.

If you are wanting a phone line for just when out walking, so you don't wreck your primary phone, then it sounds like buying the X Charge might be a good deal for you. It gives you a cheap phone, one you won't care too much if it gets damaged, at the $12 (or even free) plus tax price point. Additionally, depending where you walk, if you are near Xfinity WiFi, it can limit your data usage.

Device(s)
    Motorola v323i-awesome!
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Wow, thanks so much! I was under the impression that the "pay per GB" plan was $12 just to have the line. If it's actually FREE (plus some small fees) that's PERFECT for me. It would be dumb of me NOT to get it so I can stay in touch when I'm out walking.

This definitely seems like maybe I should switch. I'll just hold out for the ability to bring your own device so I can use my existing iPhone 6s and whatnot.

Device(s)
    Motorola v323i-awesome!
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Oh, I just had a thought... Do VPNs work through Comcast's service? I'd assume they do, but...

I don't use much data through one (like maybe a few MB/month) but I need that for work.

Device(s)
    Feedback Score
    Wow, thanks so much! I was under the impression that the "pay per GB" plan was $12 just to have the line. If it's actually FREE (plus some small fees) that's PERFECT for me. It would be dumb of me NOT to get it so I can stay in touch when I'm out walking.

This definitely seems like maybe I should switch. I'll just hold out for the ability to bring your own device so I can use my existing iPhone 6s and whatnot.
    Again, if you are interested I'd do it now with the LG X Charge phone. I doubt BYOD will be any cheaper; my guess is that Xfinity will charge for some type of SIM kit for $10 or $25. While you will want to put in a request to reprovision your line, the iPhone will work immediately -- the main issue is that you won't get Visual Voicemail. Also, while you should be able to text using SMS, iMessage and Facetime likely won't work until the phone has been reprovisioned. Basically, many are treating this as BYOD with a $1 SIM charge, with a free phone thrown in.

Device(s)
    1+1, 1+3, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mogelijk View Post
    Again, if you are interested I'd do it now with the LG X Charge phone. I doubt BYOD will be any cheaper; my guess is that Xfinity will charge for some type of SIM kit for $10 or $25. While you will want to put in a request to reprovision your line, the iPhone will work immediately -- the main issue is that you won't get Visual Voicemail. Also, while you should be able to text using SMS, iMessage and Facetime likely won't work until the phone has been reprovisioned. Basically, many are treating this as BYOD with a $1 SIM charge, with a free phone thrown in.
    mogelijk, were you ever able to successfully get XM to reprovision the original SIM you received with your LG X phone to work with your iPhone 7+? That is my biggest fear right now. We will be taking two of the LG X Charge SIMS and putting them into (2) iPhone 7+s. I fear that I'll have problems getting XM tech support to reprovision the sims/lines for iPhones.

Device(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoV3-Slut View Post
    mogelijk, were you ever able to successfully get XM to reprovision the original SIM you received with your LG X phone to work with your iPhone 7+? That is my biggest fear right now. We will be taking two of the LG X Charge SIMS and putting them into (2) iPhone 7+s. I fear that I'll have problems getting XM tech support to reprovision the sims/lines for iPhones.
    Yes, my iPhone is working fine. I'm currently working on moving another line from a X Power to an iPhone; I've had the request in for about two days and waiting for escalations to handle it. This is something that should be far easier to do on Xfinity; particularly since it is a very simple process on Verizon.