Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: VoLTE and VoWiFi on Unbranded Devices

Feedback Score
    I added my htc 10 imei to my line, had volte enabled on both lines. HTC gets volte, but pixel or wifes v20 do not

Device(s)
    ZTE Axon 7, iPhone 6+, Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AutoOnion View Post
    I added my htc 10 imei to my line, had volte enabled on both lines. HTC gets volte, but pixel or wifes v20 do not
    How did you do that? I have an Axon 7 which is supposed to be supported under AT&T but they tell me they can't do it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellfreak View Post
    How did you do that? I have an Axon 7 which is supposed to be supported under AT&T but they tell me they can't do it.
    Chat.............

Device(s)
    SGS 7
    Carrier(s)
    MSV 10GB plus 10GB free, 4 lines
    Feedback Score
    So apparently Verizon is in on this game too, but in a different way. My supervisor was talking about his Moto G the other day on Verizon, and he said that Verizon will not do the global roaming day pass on unbranded devices, even though they support VoWiFi and VoLTE. I googled it, and a number of other people have had this same problem. I don't know about an unbranded Pixel, since they sell the same device. Apparently T-Mobile is the only carrier that is completely open to unbranded/unlocked devices.
    Happy AT&T customer and addicted Speedtester in CT
    AT&T Galaxy S7
    If you text while driving, you're an idiot. End of story.

Carrier(s)
    310-410
    Feedback Score
    My Moto G5 plus works quite well on T-Mobile USA. Full Voice Over LTE support and WiFi calling out of the box. AT&T? UMTS circuit switched fallback. Which works for now. Verizon Wireless? LTE data, circuit switched fallback CDMA 1X voice, no option on the website to provision so-called "Advanced Calling" on Prepaid.

So T-Mobile seems to be the only one doing things as they should be done.

Device(s)
    SGS 7
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    What if you spoof the IMEI? It should work then, right? AT&T would have no clue what device is on the other end... or would that only work for the unlocked version of an AT&T branded phone?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

VoLTE and VoWiFi on Unbranded Devices

Quote Originally Posted by dctmpeg View Post
    My Moto G5 plus works quite well on T-Mobile USA. Full Voice Over LTE support and WiFi calling out of the box. AT&T? UMTS circuit switched fallback. Which works for now. Verizon Wireless? LTE data, circuit switched fallback CDMA 1X voice, no option on the website to provision so-called "Advanced Calling" on Prepaid.

So T-Mobile seems to be the only one doing things as they should be done.
    I've had the G5 Plus working on Verizon VoLTE, that function of the phone is absolutely supported on their network. They don't support wifi calling on it though.

Quote Originally Posted by GSMinCT View Post
    What if you spoof the IMEI? It should work then, right? AT&T would have no clue what device is on the other end... or would that only work for the unlocked version of an AT&T branded phone?
    That latter would be correct, and it has to be the same model of device or the system will update the IMEI automatically. I had an iPhone 6 I brought over from Sprint that wasn't whitelisted in their system and I eventually figured out how to get VoLTE working by simply giving them the IMEI to an AT&T iP6 and it worked right up til I had that phone replaced.

Device(s)
    SGS 7
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GusHerb94 View Post
    I've had the G5 Plus working on Verizon VoLTE, that function of the phone is absolutely supported on their network. They don't support wifi calling on it though.
    Interesting. That sucks, as VoLTE is important for Verizon, not so much for AT&T, but the really big upgrade is VoWiFi so that you have coverage in buildings with poor service.

That latter would be correct, and it has to be the same model of device or the system will update the IMEI automatically. I had an iPhone 6 I brought over from Sprint that wasn't whitelisted in their system and I eventually figured out how to get VoLTE working by simply giving them the IMEI to an AT&T iP6 and it worked right up til I had that phone replaced.
    I was referring to actually spoofing the device's IMEI, not just putting a different one in the system.

Carrier(s)
    310-410
    Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=GusHerb94;16899136]I've had the G5 Plus working on Verizon VoLTE, that function of the phone is absolutely supported on their network. They don't support wifi calling on it though.

Did you by any chance see it working on Prepaid? I was only able to get the phone to do 1X voice. -- Perhaps a branded VoLTe device would be required for activation on their system prior, then a SIM swap?

Device(s)
    SGS 7
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Here's a really bizarre one:

https://www.att.com/plans/google-pixel.html

And yet they refuse to enable VoLTE or VoWiFi on the Google Pixel, so it's a cripple on AT&T.

I'm assuming it's just that one arm doesn't know what the other arm is doing, but still, it's a really bizarre situation.

Device(s)
    A phone
    Carrier(s)
    Any
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRC72 View Post
    Verizon's sunset date for their CDMA network is still many years off. If there LTE network was completely over laid, then I can't see why they couldn't turn off CDMA much earlier and refarm that spectrum for LTE. I understand there's people with CDMA only devices still, but those numbers are starting to dwindle from what I understand.
    Many alarm systems are non-LTE.

ADT just spent a lot of money moving people over from ATT to VZW, using CDMA.

It seems phones being sold by VZW up until recently didn't have VoLTE enabled by default. This disables the ability to even use voice on the 700 Mhz band.
    VoWiFi is also disabled by default.

Most people do not enable these settings.

This is the bigger issue.

Device(s)
    SGS 7
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJoe View Post
    ADT just spent a lot of money moving people over from ATT to VZW, using CDMA.
    Why did they move from AT&T to Verizon? That was pretty dumb to move to CDMA too, not UMTS or LTE, as it's pretty obvious right now that CDMA's days are numbered.

It seems phones being sold by VZW up until recently didn't have VoLTE enabled by default. This disables the ability to even use voice on the 700 Mhz band.
    Couldn't they push an update out to enable it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2