Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ZTE BLADE ZMAX !! Coming to MetroPCS

Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

ZTE BLADE ZMAX !! Coming to MetroPCS

Looks great! 6" HD Screen. Dual Camera PLUS fingerprint sensor. Huge battery. Newest Android OS. Quick Charge 2.0.

http://www.tmonews.com/2017/08/zte-b...android-7-1-1/

https://www.cnet.com/products/zte-blade-z-max/preview/

I'm wondering if MetroPCS will offer a special upgrade path to this phone. I was able to move from my original ZMAX to the ZMAX PRO for $99. I would hope for a similar offer on this phone.

Sent from my Z981 using HoFo mobile app
    Last edited by cellphone-guy; 08-15-2017 at 02:32 AM.

Feedback Score
    Arg..2GB of RAM is really not enough. Hope they have improved the speakers on these ZTE phones. I had the ZMAX 2 and it's speaker (especially on speaker phone) was lousy. I then moved to the Pro and same damn problem. I took it back to my local Metro store a few days later for a different phone. Btw, the Blade V8 has been available unlocked at Target for 3 or more months.

Feedback Score
    Wish it came in 5" or less, I hate phablets. I wonder if they'll ever stock the T-Mobile REVVL.

Feedback Score
    This is the cheapest phone with a gyroscope. The next cheapest is the boost lg stylo 3 but that has a smaller screen and only 720p hd.

In addition, no other low end phone has dual cameras.

So i think this is a good phone for what i like.

1. dual camera
    2. full hd
    3. 6 inch screen
    4. gyroscope
    5. fingerprint

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad4cell View Post
    This is the cheapest phone with a gyroscope. The next cheapest is the boost lg stylo 3 but that has a smaller screen and only 720p hd.

1. dual camera
    2. full hd
    3. 6 inch screen
    4. gyroscope
    5. fingerprint
    That's not true. The j3 prime has a gyro sensor. Also the grand max 2 which came out on cricket last year had a dual camera setup. Similar to this in fact, it was a 13 main and 2 secondary. Sold for around 99 bucks. Can still find em for around 99 bucks. Sometimes cheaper.

As far as this device it's an upgrade in battery and cameras and a downgrade in processor power from the zmax pro. Basically it's zte charging 100 bucks a year for software upgrades.

Feedback Score
    Thanks i did not know about those other phones.

However, i still like the 6 inch screen together with the gyroscope and the dual camera.

I am not sure what the dual camera can do but it is likely better than one camera.

As far as i know a 6 inch screen is the largest you can get on a low cost phone.

Feedback Score
    Thanks i did not know about those other phones.

However, i still like the 6 inch screen together with the gyroscope and the dual camera.

I am not sure what the dual camera can do but it is likely better than one camera.

As far as i know a 6 inch screen is the largest you can get on a low cost phone.
    Yea this isn't a bad deal at all, if someone has the zmax pro though they aren't really gaining much here by upgrading. For someone though just looking for a new or different device can't really beat this offering in terms of price and features.

Feedback Score

1. dual camera
    2. full hd
    3. 6 inch screen
    4. gyroscope
    5. fingerprint
    The second camera is just 2MP, even the front facing camera is 8mp.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, Droid Turbo 2, Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Changes often
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    Wish it came in 5" or less, I hate phablets. I wonder if they'll ever stock the T-Mobile REVVL.
    5.3" is the max for me but I share the same phablet dislike.

If the REVVL is available on T-Mobile for 125.00 without a subsidy can't you just go buy it?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    5.3" is the max for me but I share the same phablet dislike.

If the REVVL is available on T-Mobile for 125.00 without a subsidy can't you just go buy it?
    Yea, you can buy phones outright at tmobile locations, least I've always been able to.

Edit: I just realized what you were asking, as a non tmobile customer can you just go pay 125 for it. Sorry been a long day lol That I don't know. I'm a tmobile postpaid customer. As a non customer I wonder if they'd at least try to charge you for the sim kit. Online if you try to just order the device it's 185 total. They charge you 125 for the phone 50 for prepaid airtime and 10 for the sim.

Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The improved battery, improved camera, latest Android OS, and quickcharge 2.0 might be incentive enough for someone to upgrade from a ZMAX PRO. Camera quality and battery life are top priorities for me. So, I'm going to upgrade when this is released. For the price, it's not like I'm risking much. If I don't like it for any reason I'll just give it to a friend and return to my ZMAX PRO.

Hopefully they improved the speaker situation and returned to the quality on the original ZMAX (which was excellent).

I wonder if the USB-C port is enhanced in any other way over the PRO?

Screen size is the same as the PRO, but I'm not sure if the screen type is the same. It will be interesting to compare color tones, saturation, viewing angles, etc.

I'm happy to see this release. As always, it could have been better in some ways, but for the price it's a great bargain.

Looks like it doesn't have NFC? So, the latest LG STYLO (the main competitor to the ZMAX) remains superior in that department.

Feedback Score
    So far this is the phone I want to get the most for Black Friday if it is on sale.

I wanted to try VR for a while but I could not find a cheap enough phone so this would be perfect because it has a 6 inch screen and full HD and of course a gyroscope.

Of course a daydream phone would be better but those are still too expensive for me.

Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Here's a nice interview on the new ZTE chat channel. This kicks things off with info about the BLADE Z MAX

https://youtu.be/oZM-daLjrus

A few opinions of my own....

I've been buying cell phones for quite some time. I've owned $800 flagship phones and $50 flip phones. I would rank my ZMAX and ZMAX PRO as the two best phone experiences that I've ever had.

My suggestions to ZTE for future upgrades;

(1) NFC
    (2) The loud speaker in the original ZMAX was quite good. The one in the ZMAX PRO, not so much. I'm hoping for improved sound on the BLADE Z MAX. ZTE, you should consider a two speaker (stereo) design at the bottom.
    (3) wireless charging
    (4) Be upfront and straight with customers about possible OS upgrades in the future. Should they be expected or not?

Better than the competition...

The 6" screen on the ZMAX PRO and BLADE Z MAX is fully utilized because of the hardware function keys. In comparison, part of the 5.7" screen on the LG STYLO line is taken up when displaying the on-screen buttons. So, not only is the LG screen smaller, but it doesn't even maximize the available space. Very annoying.

16mp/2mp rear DUAL camera at this price range is a game changer. 8mp front facing. The camera is a phone feature that virtually everyone uses and needs. Hopefully this lives up to the hype.

Huge battery (4080mAh). Now with QuickCharge 2.0 (as opposed to 1.0 on the ZMAX PRO).

Band 66 !! Better reception inside buildings.

Am I forgetting anything?

Feedback Score

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Android 6 instead of 7 or 7.1

Sent from my Moto G (4) using HoFo mobile app

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast