Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ZTE BLADE ZMAX !! Coming to MetroPCS

Feedback Score
    "16mp/2mp rear DUAL camera at this price range is a game changer."....Ummmm, no. It's the same small sensor with more MP's crammed in which leads to more noise and loss of fine detail. Been there with ZTE and they cut too many corners for me to go back. Their Pro has many unhappy users. Who knows, maybe ZTE improved the speaker as it was my biggest gripe.

Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimxx200 View Post
    "16mp/2mp rear DUAL camera at this price range is a game changer."....Ummmm, no. It's the same small sensor with more MP's crammed in which leads to more noise and loss of fine detail. Been there with ZTE and they cut too many corners for me to go back. Their Pro has many unhappy users. Who knows, maybe ZTE improved the speaker as it was my biggest gripe.
    You may be right about the camera, we'll have to wait until we can give it a try. "Many unhappy users" of the PRO? Not any more than the majority of other phones. I'm sure people who had to return their Samsung flagship for fear that it might explode... weren't too happy, and I'm sure that iPhone users with the Screen Death issue weren't happy. Are there unhappy ZMAX PRO customers? I'm sure there are. In my opinion the ZMAX AND ZMAX PRO were two of the best low cost phones ever produced.

I agree with your opinion of the loud speaker on the PRO. If you ever used the original ZMAX, it had a great speaker, so I hope they return to at least that quality. We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandelstamm1 View Post
    Android 6 instead of 7 or 7.1

Sent from my Moto G (4) using HoFo mobile app
    Yes, the new BLADE Z MAX will have 7.1 and the PRO has 6.

Sent from my Z981 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellphone-guy View Post
    You may be right about the camera, we'll have to wait until we can give it a try. "Many unhappy users" of the PRO? Not any more than the majority of other phones. I'm sure people who had to return their Samsung flagship for fear that it might explode... weren't too happy, and I'm sure that iPhone users with the Screen Death issue weren't happy. Are there unhappy ZMAX PRO customers? I'm sure there are. In my opinion the ZMAX AND ZMAX PRO were two of the best low cost phones ever produced.

I agree with the loud speaker on the PRO. If you ever used the original ZMAX, it had a great speaker, so I hope they return to at least that quality. We shall see.

Yes, the new BLADE Z MAX will have 7.1 and the PRO has 6.

As far as the camera, ZTE has themselves done it before. Was a 13mp main 2mp secondary. Didn't really add much. I think for those expecting this to be on par with something like the iPhone camera just because it's a dual setup are in for a major disappoinment. Expect it to be on par with their last dual camera set up. As far as many unhappy users, youre right, it was about the same as other devices, their Google+ user board was filled with people who either hated it, loved it, or thought it was so so. Generally the truth is in the middle. I used the device, it was so so. Wasn't anything amazing wasn't anything terrible. Was a pretty basic mid range device to be 100% honest. Software left a lot to be desired. Was terrible on ram management, fingerprint sensor was wildly inconsistent, any type of moisture on your finger and forget it, but for 100 bucks was it any worse than anything else out there for around the same price? Probably not. The g4 play was a lot better performing device than the zmax pro, that was around the same price, but it didn't have the fingerprint sensor and had a smaller lower rez screen. For any device in the 0-150 dollar range you are gonna have trade offs. Depends what's important to you. For this device id suspect the e4 will be the superior performer, but what matters more? Screen size and resolution? Or pure performance? Upto you. I think part of the problem is fanboys keep touting these ZTE devices as "just as good" or "just a step below" flagship devices. Well the problem that comes in is when someone who's used a flagship device uses one of these they quickly realize that's a lie. If you judge it for what it is, a 100 dollar device, it's hard to complain, but if you try to judge it against more expensive better devices, it doesn't hold up. If you keep your expectations to what it actually is, a device with 2gb of ram running a 400 series chipset for 129 dollars, it's hard to be disappointed.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, Droid Turbo 2, Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Changes often
    Feedback Score
    ZTE is a low to mid range phone brand at best.

For those with alligator arms that won't invest in a flagship, I'm sure it's a decent device for the money. I'd much rather have a Note 5 which can be bought new for under 300.00

I just returned the ZTE Axion mini. Not a bad phone for 200.00 but I didn't like watching the battery percentage run down so quickly. Like you stated, they cut corners but I guess it's to be expected.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Can these phones be used on T-Mobile one plan without being unlocked?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandelstamm1 View Post
    Can these phones be used on T-Mobile one plan without being unlocked?

Nope. Metro devices are locked to metro pcs only. I'm sure TMobile will release a TMobile version of the device also, or you can pay to have it unlocked. 20-30 bucks depending where you go.

Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1102 View Post
    Nope. Metro devices are locked to metro pcs only. I'm sure TMobile will release a TMobile version of the device also, or you can pay to have it unlocked. 20-30 bucks depending where you go.
    You can unlock the phone for free after three months of using MetroPCS service.

Feedback Score
    You can unlock the phone for free after three months of using MetroPCS service.

True, but if he's asking can you use this on TMobile, I would assume he doesn't want to pay for 3 months of metro service before taking it to tmobile. Would be cheaper to either buy the TMobile variant or pay to unlock it.

Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Hey... has anyone already ordered a case for their BLADE Z MAX? If so, which one?

Here's an early unboxing review of the phone...

https://youtu.be/_Cqk6zUffYI

Looking forward to an in-depth look at quick charging 2.0 and battery comparison to the PRO. Also speaker comparison.

Last edited by cellphone-guy; 08-26-2017 at 04:12 AM.

Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Here's another unboxing video with good info. Still looking forward to seeing a direct comparison to the PRO though. I hope the speaker is better on the BLADE.

https://youtu.be/1YF0xSY7Ga4

Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Hey... has anyone already ordered a case for their BLADE Z MAX? If so, which one?

Here's an early unboxing review of the phone...

https://youtu.be/_Cqk6zUffYI

Looking forward to an in-depth look at quick charging 2.0 and battery comparison to the PRO. Also speaker comparison.

There's a reviewer on youtube that got one from Amazon.

I don't think he mentioned price. He also got a screen protector from there. Said screen scuffs easily.

Dragontrail glass is not quite as hard as Gorilla.

Couple of reviewers I've seen/read said the speaker is very loud.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Price drop to $99.xx already. Free with port, I guess.

Good phone.

Sent from my Z982 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I played with the Pro at dealers since rep had his personal Pro activated..that speaker on it is very weak when on speaker (of which I use often for nav and group training). I'm likely to just spend the $$$ on the Samsung S6 and be happy. Price is $299., port in -$100., making it $199. I can live with that since it's got one of the best screens of any phone (flagship included), highly rated camera, and good call quality.

EDIT: I just noticed the LG Stylo 3 Plus which looks to have very good specs. Does anyone have experience with it? The full HD screen with 32GB memory look good. Anyone?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I played with the Pro at dealers since rep had his personal Pro activated..that speaker on it is very weak when on speaker (of which I use often for nav and group training). I'm likely to just spend the $$$ on the Samsung S6 and be happy. Price is $299., port in -$100., making it $199. I can live with that since it's got one of the best screens of any phone (flagship included), highly rated camera, and good call quality.

EDIT: I just noticed the LG Stylo 3 Plus which looks to have very good specs. Does anyone have experience with it? The full HD screen with 32GB memory look good. Anyone?
    That Stylo looks to have same processor and specs as the Blade Z Max. Smaller battery than the Blade z. Also has rear mounted speaker, probably worse than the Blade Z speaker. Don't know about the speaker on the Z max pro.

I know the rear speakers on my 2 LG phones are piss poor. Much worse than the one on the Blade zmax.

Why are you looking at the Z max pro rather than the Blade Z?

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

I've had the Stylo 3 Plus for about a month - can't compare it directly to the new Blade phone though, as I haven't had the chance to test it out. The Stylo's speaker is average. Screen is very nice, camera is good (but not as good as the LG G4 I had before) and battery life is good too. Size is good for me (the Z Max Pro is a little TOO big for my taste), and the stylus is a very useful addition.

It's hard to compare a midrange device to a past flagship, though. The s6 has a beautiful screen and amazing camera - I did use one for a month when Samsung offered their 30 day trial a few years back. Downsides are non-removable battery and no micro SD card slot. If it had been in my price range, I would have considered it, but I had to get a new phone the same day. Hope the comparisons help you decide!

Sent from my LGMP450 using HoFo mobile app

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2