Thread: Verizon "Data Only Plan" Rules for Switching GB/month

Feedback Score

Verizon "Data Only Plan" Rules for Switching GB/month

I'm considering switching my data only plan(s) from a "grandfathered" Millenicom/Verizon ($100 -- 20GB/month, $8/GB overages, 3 months per year max service suspension) and a separate iPad plan ($35 -- 2GB/2 months) to a combined data only plan. Which for the 2 devices (USB Modem and iPad), with 20GB, would be $120/month -- which is about a wash monthly. The main benefit would be the ability to downgrade the plan for more of the year. I only need the USB Modem plan half the year (probably less now that I have a Mobley), so I'm paying for 3 months or more @ $100 that I don't need. I'd downgrade to the 2GB plan ($30/mo for the 2 devices), mostly for the iPad, whenever I have good WiFi, AT&T or a hardwire connection for an extended period.

My question is how easy is it to upgrade/downgrade the GB? Can it be done online? Is it effective immediately? What happens when you change in the middle of a billing cycle? Can you downgrade right before a new billing period and still upgrade in the middle of that cycle? What are the per GB overage charges with this plan? I'm not finding answers on the Verizon website, so I'm hoping somebody that's used this plan knows.

I'm a full-time RVer that spends quite a bit of time in the US West, so having Verizon as an option is crucial. I've barely used it though since I got my Mobley in April (mostly in the US Midwest and East this summer), so I'd like to be able to reduce my Verizon costs from here forward.

Device(s)
    Moto G4, Novatel 7730L, ZTE Mobley, StarTAC
    Carrier(s)
    Viaero, Commnet, VZW, AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Get the AT&T $20/month unlimited ZTE Mobley plan: https://www.att.com/devices/zte/mobl...sku=sku7700323

There also appears to be an AT&T $29.99 tablet plan too that is more versatile. Verizon offerings cannot touch this.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by E_tron View Post
    Get the AT&T $20/month unlimited ZTE Mobley plan: https://www.att.com/devices/zte/mobl...sku=sku7700323

There also appears to be an AT&T $29.99 tablet plan too that is more versatile. Verizon offerings cannot touch this.
    Thanks for the feedback, but I'm guessing you missed the last paragraph in my original post:

Quote Originally Posted by bnhf View Post
    I'm a full-time RVer that spends quite a bit of time in the US West, so having Verizon as an option is crucial. I've barely used it though since I got my Mobley in April (mostly in the US Midwest and East this summer), so I'd like to be able to reduce my Verizon costs from here forward.
    The Mobley has been great -- but having Verizon is crucial in rural areas of the US West, if you want Internet! I'm a little surprised that no one on the forum seems to have any knowledge of the ins-and-outs of Verizon's data only program...