Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Incoming calls goes to voicemail - new trending issue on Samsung S8

Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score

Incoming calls goes to voicemail - new trending issue on Samsung S8

Issue:
    70-90% of incoming calls goes to voicemail.

I've been experiencing this issue since the second week of August, I called tech support and spent time troubleshooting, at first they told me to cancel any call forwarding settings which i don't, then they dismissed me because the call actually went through, so I called again this morning, they asked me to go to a Freedom Warrantee center to have my SIM card replaced which I did but did not help. I called them again this evening, a Level 2 tech support spoke with me and said this is a trending issue with only Samsung S8 and they escalated the issue to the network team and they're going to work on it now.

Troubleshooting done:
    1. restarted phone
    2. Cancelled all call forwarding settings
    3. changed SIM card
    4. tried multiple geo locations, same issue persists.

If you happened to have this issue, please report it immediately so it gets some attention.

Device(s)
    ZTE Grand X 4
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iraqi_guy View Post
    Issue:
    70-90% of incoming calls goes to voicemail.

I've been experiencing this issue since the second week of August, I called tech support and spent time troubleshooting, at first they told me to cancel any call forwarding settings which i don't, then they dismissed me because the call actually went through, so I called again this morning, they asked me to go to a Freedom Warrantee center to have my SIM card replaced which I did but did not help. I called them again this evening, a Level 2 tech support spoke with me and said this is a trending issue with only Samsung S8 and they escalated the issue to the network team and they're going to work on it now.

Troubleshooting done:
    1. restarted phone
    2. Cancelled all call forwarding settings
    3. changed SIM card
    4. tried multiple geo locations, same issue persists.

If you happened to have this issue, please report it immediately so it gets some attention.
    It sounds to me like the S8 doesn't always switch to 3G to receive the call so I'd guess Samsung is to blame though I could be wrong

Sent from my Z957 using HoFo mobile app
    Damn!

Carrier(s)
    FREEDOM
    Feedback Score
    Try locking the phone to WCDMA only and see if it solves the issue.

Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by artekds View Post
    Try locking the phone to WCDMA only and see if it solves the issue.
    It happens even what I'm connected to WiFi, which brings a question, when the phone is on WiFi, is it connected to LTE or other network?

I'll lock it to WCDMA for a day and see if that helps.

Sent from my SM-G950W using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    A few family members and I have experienced this. Mainly while power saving is on.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung S8+
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have a Samsung S8+ bought from Freedom Mobile and being used on the Freedom Mobile network, and can make and receive calls fine even when WiFi is enabled. Am not experiencing your issue. I'm located in Vancouver.

Sent from my SM-G955W using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I've locked the phone to WCDMA, I received quite few calls without an issue. It looks like it's the S8 to blame.

Feedback Score
    This seems to be a network issue. I have logged complaint with freedom mobile. They told me that they are aware of this issue with multiple customers and working with network team which may take 5 business days.

I did bunch of troubleshooting steps (USN codes etc) and it did not resolve the issue.
    I reset the phone to the factory and same issue.
    I went to freedom mobile store and they replaced the sim card, still the same issue.
    On WCDMA, it works fine.

As freedom mobile's network does not support VOLTE (Voice over LTE) and as the network is on LTE, and when incoming call is coming, the network tries to switch from LTE to WCDMA (3G/4G)and then incoming call is received however due to Freedom Mobile's network issue, it does not switch from LTE to WCDMA automatically thus the call goes to Voicemail.

Using wifi or bluetooth (on or off) won't have any affect on the incoming calls issue.

Feedback Score
    It happens even what I'm connected to WiFi, which brings a question, when the phone is on WiFi, is it connected to LTE or other network?
    The best one available. So LTE probably.

Feedback Score
    Regardless of wifi/data on or off, if the settings are set to "LTE/WCDMA/GSM", it is always connect to LTE network unless LTE network is not available in that area.

Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by samsingk View Post
    This seems to be a network issue. I have logged complaint with freedom mobile. They told me that they are aware of this issue with multiple customers and working with network team which may take 5 business days.

I did bunch of troubleshooting steps (USN codes etc) and it did not resolve the issue.
    I reset the phone to the factory and same issue.
    I went to freedom mobile store and they replaced the sim card, still the same issue.
    On WCDMA, it works fine.

As freedom mobile's network does not support VOLTE (Voice over LTE) and as the network is on LTE, and when incoming call is coming, the network tries to switch from LTE to WCDMA (3G/4G)and then incoming call is received however due to Freedom Mobile's network issue, it does not switch from LTE to WCDMA automatically thus the call goes to Voicemail.

Using wifi or bluetooth (on or off) won't have any affect on the incoming calls issue.
    Thanks for the info. The issue did not exist when I first got the phone 2.5 months ago, the timing of this issue coinsides with the latest Samsung software update, but it could be completely not related, I'm not sure.

Is it a network issue? Could be because the issue did not exist before, so a network change may have caused it.

Is it a device issue? Could be, a freedom supervisor told me today that techs are working with Samsung on a fix, which possibly means it's a device issue.

I switched back to LTE, and I started getting calls to voicemail all over again

Feedback Score
    Same thing. The issue did not occur with me when I bought the phone few months ago.
    It could be network issue maybe because of some upgrade or technical updates etc
    It could be software issue too because many updates were installed on the phone since the purchase
    Anyway, I got $5 off every month's bill for next 4 months from freedom mobile because of this trouble. I didn't ask for it but they proactively gave it to me. It's not a lot of money lol but I am more interested in getting the incoming calls work on LTE again.
    Switching back to LTE works again but for few hours and then again goes to voicemail. Check that.
    Because of phone's firmware, I can't even find the option to disable VOLTE which may help in resolving the problem.
    Anyway, let's wait and watch.............

Feedback Score
    ^What in the Blue Hell are you talking about?. Incoming calls do NOT work on LTE because there is no VoLTE on Freedom Mobile.

Feedback Score
    Based on what you guys are describing, the phone is not able to implement "mobile terminating" CSFB calls.

It could be due to a few things. Most likely network settings.

Phone may not be receiving paging messages from the LTE core, which would tell the phone to switch to UMTS and receive an incoming call. Could be a TAC mapping issue.

LTE RAN may not be correctly telling the phone where to go (UMTS target frequency/cell) to receive the call.

I'm suspecting a network issue, not a phone issue.
    Want to learn more about how LTE works?
    https://productioncommunity.publicmo...ls/td-p/130581

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S Plus (128GB version)
    Carrier(s)
    Wind (Former Mobilicity Subscriber)
    Feedback Score

I'll lock it to WCDMA for a day and see if that helps.

On my iPhone, it is connected to 3G if it's on Wifi. I'll still get calls when I'm on the WiFi drug. I can also make calls too. It's different, but your phone should be doing it this way.

Signs point to a network issue. I have my phone set to LTE but it defaults to 3G since Band 7 isin't deployed yet. And it still works. If I roam, then I'll be on LTE.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast