Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Incoming calls goes to voicemail - new trending issue on Samsung S8

Feedback Score
    Yes, you read that right. Freedom mobile's network does not support VOLTE (Voice over LTE) thus the LTE is data only. When the incoming call is there, the network switches from LTE to WCDMA and that's how incoming call comes.

Feedback Score
    Iphones don't have this issue because the hardware does not support Freedom mobile's LTE network thus you won't face this issue as you will always connect to 3G. In Roaming, you get LTE because of the reason your device support(is compatible with) the roaming network's LTE network
    This issue is for the users who have Freedom mobile's LTE ready plan and phones.

Feedback Score
    Also, point to be noted that the incoming calls is not only the problem, the issue is with the text messages too. These both don't work until the network is switched to WCDMA or the phone is restarted.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S Plus (128GB version)
    Carrier(s)
    Wind (Former Mobilicity Subscriber)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by samsingk View Post
    Iphones don't have this issue because the hardware does not support Freedom mobile's LTE network thus you won't face this issue as you will always connect to 3G. In Roaming, you get LTE because of the reason your device support(is compatible with) the roaming network's LTE network
    This issue is for the users who have Freedom mobile's LTE ready plan and phones.
    Yet for the iPhone. Once they deploy Band 7 LTE then that's the real test. Both Apple and Android.

And yes I am on a balls out LTE plan. But since Band 7 LTE is not on, I'm on legacy speeds. Which isint that bad. Could be worse.

As for VoLTE, you're waiting on that one. Not coming anytime soon.

Feedback Score
    I highly doubt if they will activate the Band 7(they may not make older devices backward compatible). As they have activated new LTE network on a different band, that's how the phone manufacturer's are building devices to be compatible with that band.
    Remember, there are still many old apple phones those are still not compatible with freedom mobile's network bands.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S Plus (128GB version)
    Carrier(s)
    Wind (Former Mobilicity Subscriber)
    Feedback Score
    I highly doubt if they will activate the Band 7(they may not make older devices backward compatible). As they have activated new LTE network on a different band, that's how the phone manufacturer's are building devices to be compatible with that band.
    Remember, there are still many old apple phones those are still not compatible with freedom mobile's network bands.
    This was eliminated with the 6 series onwards. Certain iPhones below the 6 will work, but if they have a specific model number. The spectrum they purchased was Band 7. Every phone has Band 7, even yours. That can be used as a fallback for Band 66. Whether Apple includes Band 66 in the 8, we don't know, but if they do, it had better work. If they don't include it, that will speak volumes. If they include it, but it doesn't work, like the One Plus 5, that will speak more volumes (and my guess is no, Apple doesn't like to include that unless it's widely deployed. Band 66 is not one of them). As far as VoLTE, no way. For that, they would have to have either Bands 7, 12 or 13 (or any other band that's compatible with iPhones) in order for that to work. This formula also applies to Android phones, but like I said for this to pay off for Freedom, the iPhone users have more say because of the proprietary red tape. Older devices you do have a point, but this is for devices running Marshmallow, Nougat, and Oreo (for those phones that will receive this update). For arguments sake, we will guess, not assume, that everyone's device is running one of these (excluding Oreo). For our iPhone users, iOS 10.3.3, and has Band 7.

Band 7 first, then 66. 66 takes a back seat to 7. If they are smart enough to do it this way. So far, from what I read, very few people in here have Band 66 phones. And the ones that do apparently have all sorts of issues even Satan himself could not sort out. The rest of us are using "legacy" devices. You'd work on the "legacy" devices, clear up the proprietary stuff with Apple, and then you work on Band 66. The iPhone 7 series (because there will be an S series) did not include Band 66, and that was a very smart move on Apples part.

For VoLTE to become a reality, Freedom will be forced to make "legacy" devices compatible with their LTE network, if the phone is compatible. iPhones from the 6 up are VoLTE compatible, they need a configuration push from Freedom to activate it. Before that even happens, they need to clear up that "red tape".

Band 7 also means everyone can hold off from getting a different phone for at least 2-3 years, and for those with issues with 66, can be used as a fallback.

Everyone wins, no one loses.

No offense, obviously, but this is the way I see it.

This would explain why the 7 did not include Band 66 (but everything else):

http://www.fiercewireless.com/wirele...arrier-network

Device(s)
    LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Latest update seemed to have fixed the issue for me.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cmfabregas View Post
    Latest update seemed to have fixed the issue for me.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    What update are you referring too, my wife has this issue with her s8 and it's driving her nuts. Thanks

Feedback Score
    There was an update yesterday (firmware update). I installed it and will now switch to LTE to see if everything works properly or not.

Feedback Score
    Switched to LTE and still going to voicemail.

Feedback Score
    No problem with S8 plus with Public Mobile

Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    There was an update yesterday (firmware update). I installed it and will now switch to LTE to see if everything works properly or not.
    I received the firmware update yesterday, I switched to LTE, I'd say the number of calls I am able to successfully receive increased. I tested 2 calls from a land line I clearly noticed the handover to 3G, but I also had a couple of phone calls that went directly to voicemail. Since I don't receive too many calls, I'll keep it on LTE and keep testing.

Sent from my SM-G950W using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    still calls going to voicemail

Feedback Score
    just tested my sim card on Iphone 7 and it connects to 3G not LTE. I suppose that the LTE network band that is present in S8 does not exist in Iphone 7. I couldn't try my friend's Fido/Rogers sim to test LTE because my phone is network locked. I think same thing is going to happen if my phone is unlocked and Rogers/Fido sim will work on my phone on 3G speeds only not LTE.

Feedback Score
    Yes, that would be B66, which S8 has and iPhone 7 does not.
    Want to learn more about how LTE works?
    https://productioncommunity.publicmo...ls/td-p/130581

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast