Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Incoming calls goes to voicemail - new trending issue on Samsung S8

Feedback Score
    We have LG G6 and galaxy A5, and many calls going to be voicemail.
    We have only had new LTE plan for 4 days, not sure what to make of it

We called freedom, she offered 5 off for 4 months. But we don't care. We want our calls to work.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S Plus (128GB version)
    Carrier(s)
    Wind (Former Mobilicity Subscriber)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by samsingk View Post
    just tested my sim card on Iphone 7 and it connects to 3G not LTE. I suppose that the LTE network band that is present in S8 does not exist in Iphone 7. I couldn't try my friend's Fido/Rogers sim to test LTE because my phone is network locked. I think same thing is going to happen if my phone is unlocked and Rogers/Fido sim will work on my phone on 3G speeds only not LTE.
    Don't expect Band 66 on an iPhone anytime soon. Take a look at T-Mobile, Apple and Band 12. It's not widespread yet. Once it's widespread, then we'll see Band 66. It doesn't exist in the iPhone 7 because Apple didn't put the band in. Apple won't put bands in unless they are in widespread use. This apparently runs counter to LG, Samsung and whoever else out there put it in. Apple is smart on this move. Apparently everyone is having all sorts of fun stuff with issues.

Never get a network locked phone. Spend the extra few hundred dollars and get an unlocked one. Although come December that ain't going to make much of a difference.

Once they deploy LTE on Band 7, you aren't going to need a Band 66 phone. Not at least for another 2-3 years.

Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    After a short while now, I've been closely monitoring the incoming calls, I can confirm that the issue is slightly going away, but not completely. I am able to receive phone calls, the phone seamlessly switch to 3G network and receive the call, but I also had few calls went to voicemail in different places, I got couple of calls in voicemail yesterday in Vaughan, in Oakville I'm able to receive voice calls and in Milton but I also had a couple of calls went to voicemail.

Let's say the number of successful voice calls have increased to like 60% success from 20%.

Feedback Score
    im going to guess, that when the phone enters Doze mode that the does not wake-and-switch form lte to 4g fast enough to receive the call ?

Can anyone test ?
    if you have rooted phone , you can force doze without waiting

Feedback Score
    I have tried the following:

Settings > Device Maintenance > Battery > Battery usage >Click three dots on the top right > Optimise Battery usage

I have added the following to "Apps not optimized"

1. NetworkDiagnostic 92.00 KB
    2. Phone 412 KB
    3. Phone 60.00 KB
    4. Phone 48.73 MB

So far all calls are being received till now. No voicemail yet. I think this may be the solution but I will keep on monitoring.

Device(s)
    Samsung S7 Edge
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Wind
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by samsingk View Post
    I have tried the following:

Settings > Device Maintenance > Battery > Battery usage >Click three dots on the top right > Optimise Battery usage

I have added the following to "Apps not optimized"

1. NetworkDiagnostic 92.00 KB
    2. Phone 412 KB
    3. Phone 60.00 KB
    4. Phone 48.73 MB

So far all calls are being received till now. No voicemail yet. I think this may be the solution but I will keep on monitoring.
    Great job and awesome find! Could you please keep us posted to confirm your findings? Thank you!

Feedback Score
    Dial
    ##21# call

Then dial
    *61*6477001778*11*25#

I called their tech support yesterday. This is what they told me to dial, looks like when a call is placed or recieved your phone needs to switch from LTE to 4g.
    So this code gives it 25 seconds to try and connect the call before going to voicemail. Not sure how many seconds was the default (beforehand)

Feedback Score
    The steps that I posted previously and have performed them already thought would resolve the issue however it did not help as in the evening the calls started to go to voicemail again. I switched to WCDMA/GSM now.
    I had performed the steps provided by calgaryleb already as these were provided by tech support and it did not help.

Let's see how many days or months Freedom mobile will take.

Feedback Score
    I had a chat with freedom mobile and they are still trying to fix the issue. Really frustrating

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by calgaryleb View Post
    Dial
    ##21# call

Then dial
    *61*6477001778*11*25#

I called their tech support yesterday. This is what they told me to dial, looks like when a call is placed or recieved your phone needs to switch from LTE to 4g.
    So this code gives it 25 seconds to try and connect the call before going to voicemail. Not sure how many seconds was the default (beforehand)
    After some more research myself, this is on for unanswered calls

While the real is when your phone is unreachable. And there is no option to extend that wait to 25 seconds. Not sure why they give out FAKE info over tech support

The real only workaround is to stay connected to wcdma until voLTE is rolled out.

Really defeats the purpose of upgrading to LTE plan.

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by calgaryleb View Post
    im going to guess, that when the phone enters Doze mode that the does not wake-and-switch form lte to 4g fast enough to receive the call ?
    I found taking an app (VoIP) off Battery Optimization didn't make a difference, the client would still lose SIP server registration after a period of device inactivity, without any indication, and I'd miss incoming VoIP calls (this Doze issue started with Marshmallow). IMAP clients get messed up too by Doze.

What did work was Disable Doze. When enabled, all my inbound VoIP calls come through flawlessly, my IMAP mail client gives instant notifications again, regardless of how long the phone is idle.

Might be worth a try? It didn't have much impact on my battery life, and I leave it enabled daylong when the SIP client is registered, which is usually.

--
    Disable Doze doesn't require root. Costs 5.99 now, you've 48hr to trial it (Play refund).
    Last edited by pjw918; 09-01-2017 at 02:23 PM.

Feedback Score
    VOLTE is altogether a different concept and may take a long time for them to launch.

The other thing to note is that the incoming calls were working fine when I got the phone when it was launched. I just started recently.
    Either the firmware update messed up something or there is some network issue (this is what i suspect is the issue) with Freedom mobile.

Feedback Score
    I have installed Disable Doze and will monitor my phone till tomorrow else will request a refund

Device(s)
    Samsung S8+
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I also find that keeping the phone on WCDMA mobile network mode keeps the connection from dropping. This issue does not seem limited to the Samsung S8 & S8+, but may also include other cellular phones trying to stay connected to Freedom Mobile's LTE network. Beside my S8+, I have a ZTE Grand X 4 behaving similarly.

Sent from my SM-G955W using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotusland View Post
    Beside my S8+, I have a ZTE Grand X 4 behaving similarly.
    Purchased from Freedom?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast