Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pjw918 View Post
    Purchased from Freedom?
    Yes, purchased from Freedom.

Sent from my SM-G955W using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Tried "Disable Doze" application and it did not work. I think if this issue is happening with various brands of phones then it seems to be network issue with Freedom mobile.

Carrier(s)
    FreedomMobile
    Feedback Score
    Same thing with the grand x 4 when it was in LTE specially inside the building, on WCDMA no problem.

Sent from my Z957 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Samsung S7 Edge
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Wind
    Feedback Score
    Can report that the issue also exists with the Note 8...Same behavior as the S8

Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have seen improvement in the past month, then the issue came back and now almost 100% of incoming calls goes to voicemail. Anyone tried asking a refund?? Or any other type of compensation?

Sent from my SM-G950W using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile/Wind
    Feedback Score
    Sorry to hijacking your thread but does anyone if a Samsung s8 from Hong Kong works with freedom and I am sure the phone is unlocked. The phone is not mine though I am just asking for a friend.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by megamew View Post
    Sorry to hijacking your thread but does anyone if a Samsung s8 from Hong Kong works with freedom and I am sure the phone is unlocked. The phone is not mine though I am just asking for a friend.
    I think you might get more responses by starting your own thread... generally, people viewing this thread, are having an issue with their incoming calls going straight to voicemail. You'd be able to target a much bigger audience with a new thread.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by samsingk View Post
    I have tried the following:

Settings > Device Maintenance > Battery > Battery usage >Click three dots on the top right > Optimise Battery usage

I have added the following to "Apps not optimized"

1. NetworkDiagnostic 92.00 KB
    2. Phone 412 KB
    3. Phone 60.00 KB
    4. Phone 48.73 MB

So far all calls are being received till now. No voicemail yet. I think this may be the solution but I will keep on monitoring.
    I am also experiencing this issue... I am on a Samsung S6... no recent updates that I am aware of...

I followed samsingk's direction... so, far so good... but not claiming victory just yet...

Feedback Score
    Note 8 here...was experiencing this exact issue as well. Turned off app optimization for the 4 "apps" listed above and calls going straight to voicemail problem went away.

Over-zealous app sleep causing the issue maybe?

P.S. LTE working on Note 8.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hkalltheway View Post
    Great job and awesome find! Could you please keep us posted to confirm your findings? Thank you!
    I am having the same issue on S8 using Freedom.
    I did disable the Doze from the above apps but I also added the RilNotifier (12KB) and it seems I don't have the problem anymore
    Of course it is way too early but I will be monitoring the phone over the next few days.
    I know the Ril is the modem driver so maybe onlyt he RIL might be needed to be out of the Doze
    As soon as I undestand that I don't have the problem anymore I will try to add the above apps in Doze just to see the effect

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prince7272 View Post
    I am having the same issue on S8 using Freedom.
    I did disable the Doze from the above apps but I also added the RilNotifier (12KB) and it seems I don't have the problem anymore
    Of course it is way too early but I will be monitoring the phone over the next few days.
    I know the Ril is the modem driver so maybe onlyt he RIL might be needed to be out of the Doze
    As soon as I undestand that I don't have the problem anymore I will try to add the above apps in Doze just to see the effect
    Finally it did not work. It seems the phone on first 5-10 mins can switch to 3G to take the call but after 15-20 mins can not.
    I tried different combinations of the above apps but nothing

Feedback Score
    Hi guys, does anyone have an update on this issue?
    I've recently switched to Freedom, from Rogers, using an unlocked Galaxy s6 and I'm having the same issue with calls not coming through and sometimes sms as well. Tech support have played around with my network configurations (switching to HSPA did not help) and with call forwarding. My sim has been replaced, they have two tickets open for my line with the network team, but I've heard nothing so far, they aren't providing any guidance or detail.

I did some searching around and this seems to be a very widespread issue, there are about 4 threads on Reddit full of people having issues with calls and text, different devices. It is unbelievable how terrible the network is and how incompetent the tech support has been so far, to have such a widespread issue continue for so long. I think I made a mistake switching.
    Last edited by Baikanur; 10-10-2017 at 12:04 PM.

Feedback Score
    ^Where are you located?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jattdesi View Post
    ^Where are you located?
    Midtown Toronto. Based on all of the threads on this subject that I've seen I don't think this is tied to any particular area (within the coverage zone) or any particular device.

Device(s)
    Motorola V60C
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Verkion, have you resolved the issue of the incoming calls going to the voice mail with LTE activated? Did the change in the optimization settings for the 4 apps work permanently? Your input much appreciated. Thanks & Regards.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast