Thread: Iphone Swap Question (Fulfill Unlock Requirement)

Feedback Score

Iphone Swap Question (Fulfill Unlock Requirement)

Just out of curiosity what would happen if I started a new Verizon Prepaid account on one of the cheap Prepaid Verizon Iphone SE and then later put that sim into my IPhone 7 without updating my page to my Iphone 7s new IMEI?? Would everything work perfectly and I would still be fulfilling the requirements to get my SE unlocked while using the 7??

The reason i ask is i would really like to get a family member an unlocked SE to take to another Verizon MVNO (RedPocket probably) but would need it unlocked. I believe once you hit a certain payment total the SE becomes available to be unlocked. Im unsure of what that total payment is for an Iphone but still curious.

Edit: I just read a review from BestBuy website where one guy said that an Iphone you have to apply $100 worth of monthly service towards it total before requesting an unlock. Thats only 2-3 months for me and a very fair deal in my opinion. Still curious if i could just swap sims between devices, i think i can but not positive.

Carrier(s)
    ATT, TMO, VZ
    Feedback Score
    You can swap devices. IPhone to iPhone is not an issue. Swapping from iPhone to android or vice versa may require a call in or chat with software changes etc. They do know what device you are using, they can get it from the sim info on their end.

Feedback Score
    Thank you for confirming! If Verizon Prepaid offers $150 Iphone SE like ATT Gophone is currently now, im going to jump on one. My only issue is i much prefer the white / silver Iphone SE and typically only the grey ones are on firesale prices. In my opinion thats by far the best looking phone Apple has ever produced.

Feedback Score
    I ordered and received one of the prepaid SEs last week in silver/white—would have preferred rose gold but not for twice the price. Compared to the iPhone 6s plus, I don’t notice much difference other than smaller screen and no 3-D touch. I can enlarge text where needed and many times a read option is available on Safari. Landscape mode may be helpful on SE too. If not, text looks same on either phone. The 6s plus has optical image for video and pictures, but the camera on this is good! I use a Mophie battery case and easily get thru a day with lots of battery left—same experience with iPhone 6s plus. Great deal! My daughter and I both have iPhones and prepaid plans. No problem switching phones. I notice website says out of stock now.

Feedback Score
    I may eventually get just the 7s or 7 later ( plus just TOO big), but this is a great deal! I will keep it to use as needed even after that.

Feedback Score
    Best Buy may still have Verizon prepaid SE, but Verizon site shows out of stock.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPower4 View Post
    Best Buy may still have Verizon prepaid SE, but Verizon site shows out of stock.
    Yeah i had the Iphone SE for awhile and its a fabulous phone. I never use 3d touch so thats also a non issue. Theres a new Iphone coming out in September that will have an OLED screen and supposedly the best screen to body ratio on the market. Its gonna be stupid expensive but you might wait and see what they offer there before considering a + model. I agree the current 5.5" Iphone has an obnoxiously large form factor in relation to screen size.
    Last edited by MayorOfSexyTown; 08-18-2017 at 10:19 AM. Reason: clarity

Feedback Score
    My iPhone 5S still does the job. Three years later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    If they would remove the home button from the 5s and expand the screen to 4.4" - 4.5" that for me would be the ultimate phone. Id buy that in a heartbeat.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MayorOfSexyTown View Post
    If they would remove the home button from the 5s and expand the screen to 4.4" - 4.5" that for me would be the ultimate phone. Id buy that in a heartbeat.
    A new SE is rumored for 1st quarter 2018. My wife prefers the SE since it can be carried in a small purse. So does my 5'1" tall MiL. The SE fits in her front pocket.