Thread: Transfer Wizard issues......

Feedback Score

Transfer Wizard issues......

Wife + I rx our new LG Fiesta phones today. Love the phones, super fast, activation went easy with chat, transfer wizard sucks!

Same problem on both phones, turn on wifi, open the transfer app, select "from" on one phone "to" on the other, scan the QR code. Receiving phone then says something like retrieving content list + does this for over 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, I get a "QC scan issue" box. Says to select "more options" from the app. There are no options available on the app. And if it didn't read the bar code, why does it takes over 20 minutes to determine this. I've waited over 20 minutes 4 times now just for it to say it didn't work. I should have just swapped the damned sd cards. Any suggestions?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG L41C
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocks2368 View Post
    Same problem on both phones, turn on wifi, open the transfer app, select "from" on one phone "to" on the other, scan the QR code. Receiving phone then says something like retrieving content list + does this for over 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, I get a "QC scan issue" box. I should have just swapped the damned sd cards. Any suggestions?
    Silly question but I'll ask anyway...were both phones connected to the same router (not just having Wifi turned on)? I've used the Transfer Wizard app several times and never had any problem with it. You can swap the SD cards and use other ways to transfer the contact list, but that doesn't transfer over the call log and text messages which for me are the main benefits of that app.

Feedback Score
    Yup, I did all right. Chatted with Trafone, they said the app is bad + it's a thrid party problem. I told em their name was on the app, they said no, third party. Google Play Store says developer: [email protected]. I thanked them for nothin + downloaded Move My Data, it's working fine.

Feedback Score
    I believe you had to connect thru WiFi Direct which is under your Wi-Fi settings. But, no matter. If the transfer completed through another app, then it's all good.

Feedback Score
    It should not matter how you connect to the router. Connected is connected, as long as you can access the Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris109 View Post
    I believe you had to connect thru WiFi Direct which is under your Wi-Fi settings. But, no matter. If the transfer completed through another app, then it's all good.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris109 View Post
    Yeah, but I did lose my call log + messages. I believe the Tracfone app transfers those also. Not a biggy now, but it was VERY frustrating last nite to wait over 20 minutes thinking the transfer was working before the app told me it hadn't captured the barcode. Should have done that immediately, my banking app does when it doen't capture a check photo for deposits. Anyway, all good now!

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG L41C
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    It should not matter how you connect to the router. Connected is connected, as long as you can access the Internet.
    The note on the app screen says both devices have to be connected to the same Wifi source. Also, you don't need Internet access. I just tested that on my set up. I disconnected the Internet cable from my router. Connected both my U2 and my Maven to the router via Wifi. Ran the Transfer Wizard app and successfully transferred stuff from the U2 to the Maven.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I meant connected to the same router. Was wondering if data goes over the Internet, so thanks for verifying it doesn't. Can you specify to just transfer say call log and texts?

Maybe OP wants to try the transfer again?

Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    The note on the app screen says both devices have to be connected to the same Wifi source. Also, you don't need Internet access. I just tested that on my set up. I disconnected the Internet cable from my router. Connected both my U2 and my Maven to the router. Ran the Transfer Wizard app and successfully transferred stuff from the U2 to the Maven.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG L41C
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    Can you specify to just transfer say call log and texts?
    Short answer:Yes. Long answer: The process goes like this:

1. Connect both phones to your Wifi source.
    2. Start the app on both devices. On the old phone, select "From this device". On the new phone, select "To this device".
    3. The old phone will scan its content, then display a QR code.
    4. The new phone tells you to read the QR code with its camera. Then it'll verify the connection, retrieve the content list, then display what you can transfer (call log, texts, photos, contacts, etc). You select what you want to transfer and it'll give a running tally of the size and time. If the total exceeds the max of around 2GB, you can use a drop-down menu to select items in the last 3 months, last 6 months, etc.
    5. Click the Transfer button on the new phone and the transfer process will start. It doesn't take long at all. Less than a minute to transfer 185 text messages, 196 call log entries, and 4 photos.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG L41C
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Some pictures.

Name:  Router-without-Internet.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  78.6 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2017-08-18-11-56-37.JPG
Views: 240
Size:  40.6 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2017-08-18-11-57-28.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  28.1 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2017-08-18-12-07-42.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  33.7 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2017-08-18-12-19-48.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  19.8 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2017-08-18-12-20-26.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  39.6 KB

Feedback Score
    Maybe I'll try this again tonite. When I tried, all 4 or 5 times on both phones, I got as far as the 3rd pic (retrieving content list). Then, after a good 20 minutes, a box opened saying "QR scan issue". Here I thought the whole time the transfer was occurring. Seems to me, if it couldn't read the code, shouldn't take 20 min to figure it out. The other app I was was a similar process, so I'm sure it's not an issue with bein connected to the same router etc. It also allowed me to select what I wanted to transfer, but call logs and texts were not avail. My other issue with the Tracfone app, the error message said to select "more options" on both phones. There's no such selection avail on the app. You choose either "from" or "to" not other selections avail. It was already confusing + aggravating, why send me lookin for options that aren't even there. Water under the dam now, still big fan of Tracfone (I'm a certified card carryin cheapskate) + I was able to copy what I needed.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG L41C
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocks2368 View Post
    It also allowed me to select what I wanted to transfer, but call logs and texts were not avail.
    If there are too many categories to select, you have to touch that area of the screen and swipe up/down to see the other choices.

I have no ideas about the "QR Scan Issue" though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    If there are too many categories to select, you have to touch that area of the screen and swipe up/down to see the other choices.

I have no ideas about the "QR Scan Issue" though.
    Actually I was referring to the "Move my Data" app, when I said it wouldn't allow me to transfer call logs. The Tracfone app never got me to that point.