Thread: data speed

Feedback Score

data speed

Today...several times....i checked my data speed in the Russelvile, Arkansas area. I have the unlimited plan on an iphone 6s. I get around 8mbps as a rule...give or take..just as promised. My fiance is on straight talk-Verizon on a new moto g5 plus. All day today she gets over 18mbps sometimes more on the download.

I never use more than about 10-12 gb of data..and that is only if i never use wifi..which i have access to all the time.

Just wondering how much sense it makes for me to stay with cricket in my area...especially since the att towers were taken out by a tornado a couple years back and never replaced. I should add that i just moved here from the Harrison area where service was great. The data and service on her Straight Talk plan is wonderful.

Really thinking of at least trying out Straight Talk for a month or two.

Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Hope you understand that the fastest you can get with Cricket is 8mbs download. That is the most anyone can/will get.

The key is what is adequate for you(your needs).

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    yes i understand that. but seeing as how the att service around here can be spotty........

Feedback Score
    If cricket is not working for you in this area then definitely switch. If you don't find anything better I'm sure cricket would be glad to have you come back.

Device(s)
    Gold iPhone 7 Plus (Verizon variant)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $35/5GB
    Feedback Score
    Prepaid lol... you port out or in, nobody cares! Pick the one fit your bill and need. People who stay with Cricket cause they like what they pay and the thing works for them.....seriously at 7-8 million subs, Cricket is a fraction of AT&T 134 or so million subs. No worry at all, just pick what works for you, if you don't like simply pick another one or port back.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    Sounds like Cricket is working fine at 8mb speed. Unless it's truly spotty, don't fix what's not broken.
    Get $25 credit by switching to Cricket Wireless! Then $250 by referring others! Same AT&T signal! Click here!

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I like the idea of spouses/SO having a different carriers. We live where winter storms can take out power and we go on bike trips often. He has Sprint via Ting (bill is usually $15). I have Cricket. Typically, if we're in an area where cell coverage is spotty, one of us will have service.

That is unless your visit Downieville, CA = no service at all.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gwite View Post
    Hope you understand that the fastest you can get with Cricket is 8mbs download. That is the most anyone can/will get.

The key is what is adequate for you(your needs).

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk
    Sort of. I was always getting 9 mbps down on Cricket back in May. before I left the service.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by troywalker View Post
    Today...several times....i checked my data speed in the Russelvile, Arkansas area. I have the unlimited plan on an iphone 6s. I get around 8mbps as a rule...give or take..just as promised. My fiance is on straight talk-Verizon on a new moto g5 plus. All day today she gets over 18mbps sometimes more on the download.

I never use more than about 10-12 gb of data..and that is only if i never use wifi..which i have access to all the time.

Just wondering how much sense it makes for me to stay with cricket in my area...especially since the att towers were taken out by a tornado a couple years back and never replaced. I should add that i just moved here from the Harrison area where service was great. The data and service on her Straight Talk plan is wonderful.

Really thinking of at least trying out Straight Talk for a month or two.
    Why compromise service with a budget carrier when there are many alternative services that don't throttle and offer the same prices. Soon Cricket will be moving to 3mbit.

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    Why compromise service with a budget carrier when there are many alternative services that don't throttle and offer the same prices. Soon Cricket will be moving to 3mbit.

Just curious how you know cricket will soon be going down to 3mbit. I can tell you that will be a big mistake if Cricket does that. I feel Cricket would lose a lot of customers if they try it.

Feedback Score
    People make predictions without fact. The cell industry is so competitive. Doing that would chase away customers in mass.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tim33 View Post
    Just curious how you know cricket will soon be going down to 3mbit. I can tell you that will be a big mistake if Cricket does that. I feel Cricket would lose a lot of customers if they try it.
    He doesn't know anything. He's a troll trying to make T-Mobile look better than cricket.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    If cricket changed to 3 I know plenty of people that would be unhappy and prob bail to either Verizon prepaid or TMobile/metro

Device(s)
    So many.
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO, Framily, Freedompop GSM
    Feedback Score
    He made it up. They have one special affordable unlimited plan that throttles to 3 as a compromise, but there is absolutely zero reason or sense to assume it will be applied elsewhere. Look at that poster's history, he's the local troll.
    Been gone a long time. Hello, HoFo- I'm BACK.