Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 135

Thread: Flash Sale: $40 6GB, $50 8GB

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    3,138
    Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    0

    "Last Chance"

    Friday August 25 to Monday August 28
    "Available in-store for new activations only."

    $40 LTE plan with 6GB

    $50 LTE Everywhere 8GB

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    5
    Feedback Score
    0
    I've tried calling in to switch a few times without success.. always politely asking and explaining my situation (2yr customer and looking at the plan that raises what I pay while offering a better value)

    Is there some sort of best practices or is it purely luck?

    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, even via PM if not directly here.

    That $50 plan would be perfect, especially if I can buy a code off of someone for the 35% lifetime discount which hopefully is possible..

    Thanks in advanced for any tips!

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    187
    Feedback Score
    0
    I would try calling the French line and try your luck there, they seem to be much more knowledgeable and easier to work with.

    Sent from my LGLS992 using HoFo mobile app

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    184
    Feedback Score
    0
    I got my Mom to call in, and the rep that first pick up the phone was able to get her on the plan, but he had to talk to his supervisor twice. I was shocked that she didn't have to talk to loyalty.

    She had the $59 plan with the $10 off credit for 12 months, that she just signed up for about 3 or 4 weeks ago.

    Just thought I'd through that out there for an FYI!

    I hope whoever else tries has the same luck..

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Baseline And Greenbank!
    Posts
    468
    Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshA22 View Post
    I've tried calling in to switch a few times without success.. always politely asking and explaining my situation (2yr customer and looking at the plan that raises what I pay while offering a better value)

    Is there some sort of best practices or is it purely luck?

    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, even via PM if not directly here.

    That $50 plan would be perfect, especially if I can buy a code off of someone for the 35% lifetime discount which hopefully is possible..

    Thanks in advanced for any tips!
    That's what I did. I switched to the 50 plan and than applied the 35 pct off code. Bill is now about $30 a month for the original $59 plan. I talked to loyalty 4 times in total before someone there finally did it for me. So just be a pita n keep calling until they give you what you want!

    Sent from my LG G6

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylay14 View Post
    I got my Mom to call in, and the rep that first pick up the phone was able to get her on the plan, but he had to talk to his supervisor twice. I was shocked that she didn't have to talk to loyalty.

    She had the $59 plan with the $10 off credit for 12 months, that she just signed up for about 3 or 4 weeks ago.

    Just thought I'd through that out there for an FYI!

    I hope whoever else tries has the same luck..
    There is a VERY good chance that $10 credit will continue as well. I had a $5 credit continue after adding F&F 35%.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    BC Interior
    Posts
    446
    Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile & Telus $20/5gb
    Feedback Score
    0
    My Freedom line was activated on June 29, I called in today and was able to get the promo rate plan quite easily, I almost feel guilty getting a $59 plan for $32.50 with my 35% F&F discount.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    184
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Trizent View Post
    There is a VERY good chance that $10 credit will continue as well. I had a $5 credit continue after adding F&F 35%.
    Thats good to hear! I’ll tell her to keep an eye on it.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    3,138
    Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    0
    Last day today (Monday).

    $40 LTE 6GB
    $50 LTE Everywhere 8GB

    "In-store new activations only"

    --
    posted yesterday
    (Mississauga server)
    Quote Originally Posted by technik84 View Post
    Come on lads. Step it up.

    Last edited by pjw918; 08-28-2017 at 12:35 PM. Reason: 'server'

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,103
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Pisidan View Post
    I did all that and said I was leaving and they said ok that's too bad we wish you would stay but we can't offer you these plans cause they aren't in our system only in store. Best we can do is 10 off for 10 months on the 59 plan. Screw Freedom I'm finding the are worse since Shaw has taken over. I will also be cancelling my Sat service with them as well. If they don't want my business so be it

    EDIT: After calling in three times and talking to the different reps in loyalty they finally changed my lines to the 59 down to 50 promo. Guess you just have to be a PITA for them to do it lol

    Sent from my LG G6
    Do you have the $59 35% F&F Promo on there before and after switching down to the $50?

    Also they gave you $50 for life?
    Join me on Telegram https://t.me/Samshares

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    190
    Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post
    Do you have the $59 35% F&F Promo on there before and after switching down to the $50?

    Also they gave you $50 for life?
    I had the $59 with F&F and called in and got 5 lines on the $50 plan with F&F intact.

    With BTS it'll be $27.50 per line. The best I was doing before was $25 on my Wind/Freedom 30 lines but the $50 plan blows that one out of the water.

    Sent from my Passport using HoFo mobile app

  12. #27
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Calgary / Honolulu
    Posts
    1,140
    Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshA22 View Post
    I've tried calling in to switch a few times without success.. always politely asking and explaining my situation (2yr customer and looking at the plan that raises what I pay while offering a better value)

    Is there some sort of best practices or is it purely luck?

    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, even via PM if not directly here.

    That $50 plan would be perfect, especially if I can buy a code off of someone for the 35% lifetime discount which hopefully is possible..

    Thanks in advanced for any tips!
    The best advice is this; when they tell you that it is only for new customers tell them that is not true... tell them you know several people who have successfully called in and switched. Also (if you are on a non-LTE plan) tell them that the Freedom 3G network no longer meets your needs so you will be switching to an LTE plan "with someone" and you are only prepared to pay $50 with Freedom.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    3,138
    Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    0

    They're back!

    Must be Friday.

    $40 LTE 6GB
    $50 LTE Everywhere 8GB

    Ends September 4.

    "In-store, new activations"

    --
    MyTab promo extended
    Freedom LTE phones (15)
    Last edited by pjw918; 09-01-2017 at 08:54 PM. Reason: MyTab offer

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    17
    Feedback Score
    0
    Can I set up a new account/new number with freedom for this offer, and if the service is alright for me, port my existing number later??

    Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    127
    Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bdking2 View Post
    Can I set up a new account/new number with freedom for this offer, and if the service is alright for me, port my existing number later??

    Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk
    Yes, you can test out the service and if you find it works for you, port your number whenever you want.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-13-2004, 06:41 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-09-2004, 12:59 AM
  3. FS: Telus Pay and Talk Cards for $40 each ($50 airtime value)
    By LiteSpeed in forum Non GSM phone Buy/Sell/Trade Archive
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-04-2003, 10:02 PM
  4. 16/12/40 cdrw + 50 pcs spindle -$140
    By cowcow888 in forum GSM phone Buy/Sell/Trade Archive
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-02-2002, 03:11 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks