Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Flash Sale: $40 6GB, $50 8GB

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Flash sale is back on for this weekend. Sale ends September 11th.

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by laxplayer19 View Post
    Flash sale is back on for this weekend. Sale ends September 11th.
    Just like clockwork.

$40 LTE 6GB
    $50 LTE Everywhere 8GB

Tab promo still on.
    $420 off LG G6, $50 with $20/mo tab
    $590 off LG V20, $50 with $15/mo

Freedom LTE Phones
    Last edited by pjw918; 09-08-2017 at 08:52 PM. Reason: tab options

Device(s)
    Palm Pre Plus (On The Way)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The Note 8 now gets a $200 tab as well.

Feedback Score
    Hey I have this plan and was told by the rep at the store that this promo is good for 12 months but I don't see anything mentioning that is the case in the ads.

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by megamew View Post
    Hey I have this plan and was told by the rep at the store that this promo is good for 12 months but I don't see anything mentioning that is the case in the ads.
    These plans are permanent unless you switch or they send you notice before switching you!

Sent from my LG G6

Device(s)
    Palm Pre Plus (On The Way)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Most of their pricing promos are 12 months. I think this comes from Shaw being in the internet/cable business as Bell does this kinda stuff too. After the 12 months prices go up a lot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jt325i View Post
    Most of their pricing promos are 12 months. I think this comes from Shaw being in the internet/cable business as Bell does this kinda stuff too. After the 12 months prices go up a lot.
    Rep in store told me the $40/$50 plans are good as long as you maintain good standing. Not a 12 months promo.

Device(s)
    RIM9790
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by andriy155 View Post
    Rep in store told me the $40/$50 plans are good as long as you maintain good standing. Not a 12 months promo.
    I looked at the terms and conditions.

it says that they may cancel the plan at anytime, but if they do, they will honour the plan as long as your account is in good standing.(sic)

Sent from my XT1563 using HoFo mobile app
    --------------------------------
    Un petit d'un petit
    S'étonne aux Halles
    Un petit d'un petit
    Ah! degrés te fallent

Old French Proverb from the book of; Mots D'Heures Gousses Rames

(I am the Stig!)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sirtate View Post
    I looked at the terms and conditions.

it says that they may cancel the plan at anytime, but if they do, they will honour the plan as long as your account is in good standing.(sic)

Sent from my XT1563 using HoFo mobile app
    So we are good then.

Feedback Score
    Is it worth switching from the Holiday Miracle Plan from 2011 to the 6gb LTE $49 plan (https://www.freedommobile.ca/plans-a...rywhere-49-6gb)

I've currently got the following on my plan:

Holiday Miracle
    $40/mo.
    Activation Date: Oct 24, 2011

Unlimited Data (5GB full speed allotment)
    Unlimited Canada-wide Picture /Video Messaging
    Unlimited US-wide Picture / Video Messaging
    Unlimited Canada-wide Texting
    Unlimited Global Texting
    Unlimited Canada-wide Calling
    Unlimited US-wide Calling
    World Saver Talk & Text
    Voicemail
    Call Control (Caller ID, Missed Call Alerts, Conference Calling, Call Forwarding, Call Waiting)
    No Hidden Fees, System Access Fees or Activation Fees
    Use your features anywhere on our network
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like the only difference is 2,400 roaming minutes and I get to keep everything else and get 6gb of data instead of 5gb i'm currently at. It seems like it's a good idea to switch and lock down the LTE capability while it's cheap and upgrade my phone whenever there's a decent LTE capable phone for Freedom Mobile.

Any thoughts? Would I still get 3G data with an LTE plan since I don't have an LTE phone?
    Rogers, Bell & Telus; three legalized criminal organizations in Canada supported by the Conservative Party of Canada with former employee running Canada's telecommunications regulations at the CRTC.

Carrier(s)
    IT&E
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Is it worth switching from the Holiday Miracle Plan from 2011 to the 6gb LTE $49 plan (https://www.freedommobile.ca/plans-a...rywhere-49-6gb)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like the only difference is 2,400 roaming minutes and I get to keep everything else and get 6gb of data instead of 5gb i'm currently at. It seems like it's a good idea to switch and lock down the LTE capability while it's cheap and upgrade my phone whenever there's a decent LTE capable phone for Freedom Mobile.

Any thoughts? Would I still get 3G data with an LTE plan since I don't have an LTE phone?
    You need and LTE phone with band 66 to get FM LTE.

Sent from my Z957 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Is it worth switching from the Holiday Miracle Plan from 2011 to the 6gb LTE $49 plan

I just recently switched from the Smartphone 39 plan, very similar to what you have but also including world traveller to the $59 plan when it was on promo for $50.

If they have these promotions again next weekend I'd definitely recommend calling 611 and explain you're looking at the $49 plan promo for $40. When they inevitably explain it's for new customers only you can say you were looking around at other carriers and they'll likely transfer you to loyalty where they generally allow you to switch to the promo plan.

As for your question you will still get 3G/HSPA+ with your non-freedom LTE phone on the LTE plans.

Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I've switched 2 line up to the $50 through their twitter, 1 line down from the $60 plan through twitter. I know of 2 others who have been able to through the call center, to upgrade to the promo plan. Plus I've gotten 4 others to get the $50 plan. You can get it, They didn't even put up a fuss.

Its more about the being comfortable. I prefer to pay $50. Knowing I will always pay $50. Rather than $40 and roaming. Its worth the extra $120/year for the amount of time I do spend out of zone. And the fact my wife and daughter, who just want to use it. And don't care about the specifics of how or why. They don't even care about the LTE part. Just does my Facebook or Snapchat work.

D.

Feedback Score

Flash Sale: $40 6GB, $50 8GB

Haha can I apply the 35% off for life with the $50 promo plan???

Edit: yes I can! I took to Twitter and made the switch from 59 to 50, re-add my 35% code. He allowed it and coupled with $2.50 better together savings, my plan is $30 a month.
    Last edited by MattOnDemand; 09-11-2017 at 10:00 AM.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MattOnDemand View Post
    Haha can I apply the 35% off for life with the $50 promo plan???
    Yup, I signed up for the $50 plan and had a F&F 35% off code and it worked. Got my first bill and the discount was applied successfully.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast