Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Flash Sale: $40 6GB, $50 8GB

Device(s)
    Nokia 3100
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Try talking with the Facebook team - they are usually more on top of things and if they can't help, they will refer you to the proper apartment.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshA22 View Post
    I just recently switched from the Smartphone 39 plan, very similar to what you have but also including world traveller to the $59 plan when it was on promo for $50.

If they have these promotions again next weekend I'd definitely recommend calling 611 and explain you're looking at the $49 plan promo for $40. When they inevitably explain it's for new customers only you can say you were looking around at other carriers and they'll likely transfer you to loyalty where they generally allow you to switch to the promo plan.
    I don't travel enough to take advantage of the other stuff in USA or USA calling from Canada, but $10/month isn't going to break the bank... however, I do get an extra 1gb data, LTE and a ton of roaming minutes for the 10 bucks.

Should I switch now or hold onto my Holiday Miracle Plan?
    Rogers, Bell & Telus; three legalized criminal organizations in Canada supported by the Conservative Party of Canada with former employee running Canada's telecommunications regulations at the CRTC.

Device(s)
    Nokia 3100
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    https://www.freedommobile.ca/plans-a...rywhere-50-8gb

the $50 plan is still available. it expires today.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    I don't travel enough to take advantage of the other stuff in USA or USA calling from Canada, but $10/month isn't going to break the bank... however, I do get an extra 1gb data, LTE and a ton of roaming minutes for the 10 bucks.

Should I switch now or hold onto my Holiday Miracle Plan?
    If the extra 1GB, access to LTE and the added roaming makes sense for $9/month more then go for it!

There's no guarantee they'll switch the old 3G plans to LTE or that there won't be strings attached.

Alternatively you could spend the extra $1 and see if they'll switch you to the $50 promo plan as it has 3gb more data and the roaming data so you don't have to worry about pay per use elsewhere in canada/us if use data outside freedom's network.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshA22 View Post
    If the extra 1GB, access to LTE and the added roaming makes sense for $9/month more then go for it!

There's no guarantee they'll switch the old 3G plans to LTE or that there won't be strings attached.

Alternatively you could spend the extra $1 and see if they'll switch you to the $50 promo plan as it has 3gb more data and the roaming data so you don't have to worry about pay per use elsewhere in canada/us if use data outside freedom's network.
    It's more of a plan to futureproof myself; lock myself into an LTE plan that's relatively cheap and get the rewards of LTE when I upgrade to an LTE capable phone.

Isn't the $50 for new customers only though? That's sort of a slap to the face as I've toughed it out with Wind/Freedom since 2011.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    It's more of a plan to futureproof myself; lock myself into an LTE plan that's relatively cheap and get the rewards of LTE when I upgrade to an LTE capable phone.

Isn't the $50 for new customers only though? That's sort of a slap to the face as I've toughed it out with Wind/Freedom since 2011.
    It is supposed to be only for new activations but if you are a current customer it is quite easy to call in and be switched to these plans.

Feedback Score
    I already have a FM line on the $30 250mb plan with the 35% off code and was wondering if I port my main number over to FM on the $50 plan, would the 35% code apply as well to the new plan and will the multiple line discount also apply. So this will basically cost me $30.50 for this plan am I correct? $50-$17.50-$2=$30.50

Or does the 35% discount code only apply to the $30 250mb line?
    Last edited by GZero604; 09-11-2017 at 01:59 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Fido, Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GZero604 View Post
    I already have a FM line on the $30 250mb plan with the 35% off code and was wondering if I port my main number over to FM on the $50 plan, would the 35% code apply as well to the new plan and will the multiple line discount also apply. So this will basically cost me $30.50 for this plan am I correct? $50-$17.50-$2=$30.50

Or does the 35% discount code only apply to the $30 250mb line?
    The discount only applies to the $30 250 line. I'd facebook message or Twitter DM them to get them to change for plan since the 35% off code only applies to the $30 account.

Device(s)
    RIM9790
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by laxplayer19 View Post
    It is supposed to be only for new activations but if you are a current customer it is quite easy to call in and be switched to these plans.
    They made an exception for me too...

I put all 5 of my lines onto the $50 plan... With my old-fashioned BTS, its $45 each.

(Actually, i guess a new, fresher BTS would still be $45 each at 5 lines)

Sent from my XT1563 using HoFo mobile app
    --------------------------------
    Un petit d'un petit
    S'étonne aux Halles
    Un petit d'un petit
    Ah! degrés te fallent

Old French Proverb from the book of; Mots D'Heures Gousses Rames

(I am the Stig!)

Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeLogic View Post
    The discount only applies to the $30 250 line. I'd facebook message or Twitter DM them to get them to change for plan since the 35% off code only applies to the $30 account.
    The 35% discount will apply to the $50 line if you change to that. I did it, haven't received my first bill yet, but the Twitter team confirmed the discount is still active after loyalty changed my plan from $59 to $50.

With BTS I'll be paying $27.50 per month per line for 5 lines.

I would double check though on your end before making the change - I'm not liable if anything goes wrong.

Sent from my Passport using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markf_2 View Post
    The 35% discount will apply to the $50 line if you change to that. I did it, haven't received my first bill yet, but the Twitter team confirmed the discount is still active after loyalty changed my plan from $59 to $50.

With BTS I'll be paying $27.50 per month per line for 5 lines.

I would double check though on your end before making the change - I'm not liable if anything goes wrong.

Sent from my Passport using HoFo mobile app
    You were on the $59 with 35% discount and got them to change it to $50?
    Join me on Telegram https://t.me/Samshares

Device(s)
    Samsung S7 Edge
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Wind
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post
    I got mine changed from the $59 to the $50 two weeks ago, and got my bill earlier this week. The discount carried over perfectly fine and I still got 35% off.

Feedback Score
    What I wanted to do was keep the $30 plan and activate a new $50 plan and was hoping the 35% discount is for the whole account but I guess it's just for each line instead. I had a 25% discount code I got in an email but I gave that away. Oh well, next time a discount code comes around I might switch over

Device(s)
    RIM9790
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post
    Yep, me too...

I expect my next bill will have a few extra pages...

Sent from my XT1563 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I changed both my lines from 59 to 50 today and they confirmed the 35% code will carry forward
    With my BTS we are paying $30 each plus tax LOVE IT!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast