Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Enable Carrier Selection Menu on Verizon?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile allows it without any modification Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1503282537.416984.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  41.6 KB

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus Factory Unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Enable Carrier Selection Menu on Verizon?

Quote Originally Posted by bolthead View Post
    T-Mobile allows it without any modification Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1503282537.416984.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  41.6 KB
    Yup they do. AT&T blocks it though, you have to call up international support to have them enable it. Verizon doesn't enable it until you're roaming internationally.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscustomer View Post
    Yup they do. AT&T blocks it though, you have to call up international support to have them enable it. Verizon doesn't enable it until you're roaming internationally.
    Do you think it would work if I called Verizon's international support? I know AT&T will sometimes add the 4EON code to your sim, but can Verizon do the same? If not, I guess my only option is to try to edit the file myself.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by vanko987 View Post
    Do you think it would work if I called Verizon's international support? I know AT&T will sometimes add the 4EON code to your sim, but can Verizon do the same? If not, I guess my only option is to try to edit the file myself.
    Im pretty sure they won't or can't, it has something to do with Verizon using PRLs, the 4EON on AT&T just tells you when you're roaming it has nothing to do with the Manual Network Selection Menu

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T,Verizon
    Feedback Score
    4EON is the code to show “Off Network” when you’re not on an AT&T native network.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shoehorn View Post
    4EON is the code to show “Off Network” when you’re not on an AT&T native network.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh yeah, I think I got my info a little mixed up.

Feedback Score
    Im pretty sure they won't or can't, it has something to do with Verizon using PRLs, the 4EON on AT&T just tells you when you're roaming it has nothing to do with the Manual Network Selection Menu
    I did some research, and found ways to get custom PRLs, but I couldn't find the actual PRL files, and even if I did, it looks like I would only be able to apply it onto a jailbroken iPhone or a rooted android. I've also found an app called Roam Control, and similar apps/widgets, but again that's only for Android, and I only have an iPhone

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

I did some research, and found ways to get custom PRLs, but I couldn't find the actual PRL files, and even if I did, it looks like I would only be able to apply it onto a jailbroken iPhone or a rooted android. I've also found an app called Roam Control, and similar apps/widgets, but again that's only for Android, and I only have an iPhone
    I don't know if it's possible to do it on a jailbroken device as I have never tried it and anything regarding tweaking carrier files etc. I try to stay away from, but the only way I see you getting the network section menu is switching carriers, there was a tweak on Flex that enabled the Network Selection Menu but it didn't work it would show up but it wouldn't actually do anything like it wouldn't search for networks or anything it was just there, that's when I decided to finally call AT&T and just have them enable it for me, you should try calling Verizon and see if you can get it enabled but I doubt it, I've only ever seen it on GSM carriers, even Sprint doesn't have it.

Feedback Score
    I don't know if it's possible to do it on a jailbroken device as I have never tried it and anything regarding tweaking carrier files etc. I try to stay away from, but the only way I see you getting the network section menu is switching carriers, there was a tweak on Flex that enabled the Network Selection Menu but it didn't work it would show up but it wouldn't actually do anything like it wouldn't search for networks or anything it was just there, that's when I decided to finally call AT&T and just have them enable it for me, you should try calling Verizon and see if you can get it enabled but I doubt it, I've only ever seen it on GSM carriers, even Sprint doesn't have it.
    Yeah, I'll try to see if I can get it enabled. Thanks for your help!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, I'll try to see if I can get it enabled. Thanks for your help!
    If possible report back and let us know what Verizon said

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    There's a lot of incorrect information here. Verizon is a CDMA carrier and doesn't have the network selection menu because that's a GSM-exclusive feature. In theory, modern smartphones with LTE could use it to scan for LTE networks, but it's not possible to scan and manually select a CDMA network.

Of course, this menu is useless domestically in most areas, since it only works in areas where your carrier has a roaming agreement. I have T-Mobile, and I can scan for and see AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint's LTE networks, but I can't connect to any of them. The menu is really only useful when roaming internationally or near a border.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dwtmd View Post
    There's a lot of incorrect information here. Verizon is a CDMA carrier and doesn't have the network selection menu because that's a GSM-exclusive feature. In theory, modern smartphones with LTE could use it to scan for LTE networks, but it's not possible to scan and manually select a CDMA network.

Of course, this menu is useless domestically in most areas, since it only works in areas where your carrier has a roaming agreement. I have T-Mobile, and I can scan for and see AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint's LTE networks, but I can't connect to any of them. The menu is really only useful when roaming internationally or near a border.
    Yep, the reason I wanted to enable it is because I was getting really spotty coverage after crossing the border into Canada. My phone held onto a weak 1x signal for quite a while, when I could have switched to one of the Canadian networks.

Feedback Score
    I have a Verizon Galaxy s8 plus here home In Los Angeles when I go to network settings the network operators option is greyed out and can't click it . But last week I was in Mexico City and I was roaming on Telcel México didn't have to do anything phone did everything automatically once I got off the plane it immediately connected to Telcel , But I still went to the settings and the network operators section was not greyed out I clicked it and it scanned the available networks it showed MOVISTAR 3G and MOVISTAR LTE , Telcel 3G ,Telcel LTE , AT&T MX 3G, AT&T MX LTE . I was able to connect to Movistar 3G and LTE , and Telcel 3G and Telcel LTE . Only network I wasn't able to register at all was At&t . But other thanks that everything worked on MOVISTAR and Telcel 3G and LTE on both . Then came back home and the network operators section is now greyed out . BTW in Mexico LTE data roaming works fine but Everytime I would make a call it would drop down to "H" + .. that was the first time ever I seen in a Verizon phone "H+" then once I would hang up 4G LTE would come back up . Everything worked fine now just gotta wait for my bill haha . Im on the unlimited plan so it should be supposedly free ...wel see when the bill comes .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    prepaid baby
    Feedback Score
    LOL i like how the US Carriers. display the signals end at a border. Noticed this with all the other carriers also. None display marine coverage either..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2