Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: LG 200 New Battery Needed?

Feedback Score

LG 200 New Battery Needed?

Hi,

My mom has an old LG 200 model flip phone. (Or at least that what I think it might be.) When opened it looks like this: https://www.samsclub.com/sams/tracfo...hone/127019.ip The last couple of charges of the battery apparently didn't hold for very long, so I imagine the best thing to do is get a new battery for it. Since I have never had to replace a battery for one of our phones, esp. one rather old, I really don't know if there's anything I should know before buying one. Will it simply be a matter of looking at the battery serial number and getting one? Or is there some easier way? E.g. this phone is a CDMA phone using Verizon, but would a local ATT store or some other generic electronics store have what I need?

I'm just looking for any advice from those of you who have a lot of experience with such things.

Thanks!

Scott

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Just look online-punch in the brand, model, battery. The catch is getting a genuine OEM- lots of low quality fakes. I have used [email protected] for phone batteries with no problems.

Sent from my RS988 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Used my phone to post and some of the post is missing. That phone is pretty old and you may not find anything for it. Might be time to just
    buy a new phone. Have seen flip phones at Dollar General, Family Dollar and Frys (Kroger). Didn't look closely though.

Feedback Score
    DogRiverRefugee,
    Pull the battery out of the phone a minute, reinstall it, then let it run down until the phone shuts itself off. After that, let it charge up to 100% overnight and see if that helps.

Otherwise, yes, a lot of low quality batteries out there as weiden1 wrote, so best to look for a brand new replacement phone unless you don't mind taking a chance on a battery that may initially seem fine and not hold a good charge a few months down the road.

Feedback Score
    I second the motion...

Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    DogRiverRefugee,
    Pull the battery out of the phone a minute, reinstall it, then let it run down until the phone shuts itself off. After that, let it charge up to 100% overnight and see if that helps.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by weiden1 View Post
    That phone is pretty old and you may not find anything for it. Might be time to just
    buy a new phone. Have seen flip phones at Dollar General, Family Dollar and Frys (Kroger).
    Yes, that phone model came out 10 years ago. Problem with new TF flips now is the lack of CDMA models.

Feedback Score
    LG236C is about it.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    You should get the model number off the old battery, because several old models looks similar to your picture.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG Rebel 2, Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    LG236C is about it.
    There's also the ZTE Z233VL, $19.99 on Tracfone web site.

Feedback Score
    $5 off promo code FRIEND1 should work with that

Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    LG236C is about it.
    The LG236C and it's replacement LG237C have not been available for some time from major retail outlets.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    This hybrid model is thought to require smartphone only airtime cards. Would be an advantage over DMFL, but might not please those used to the old ways.

Feedback Score
    Wow! Thank you for all the very helpful replies!

I'll try tfusr19's suggestion on the phone and see if that works. (I kind of doubt it will just because of how old the battery is, but I'll give it a shot anyway.)

If it doesn't work, I'll likely replace it with the LG236C -- which happens to be the model I have myself. And I'm very happy with it. (I'm in an area where, despite being surrounded by GSM coverage, I need a CDMA phone. Been through that several times with Tracfone people who insist I need GSM before they or one of their supervisors realizes they just don't work well for my small-town location.)

Anyway, thanks again for all the input!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DogRiverRefugee View Post
    I'll try tfusr19's suggestion on the phone and see if that works. (I kind of doubt it will just because of how old the battery is, but I'll give it a shot anyway.

If it doesn't work, I'll likely replace it with the LG236C -- which happens to be the model I have myself.
    The "drain it completely - then full charge" method is a re-calibration of the battery meter that controls the charging range. Make sure the battery is as discharged as possible. After the phone turns itself off, wait maybe 20 minutes, then try to turn it on again. Repeat until it will not start anymore. This to get a proper "zero" point in the calibration.

I see that the LG 236C is still available new from some sellers on Amazon. A bit pricey at $60-$70. None on eBay.

Device(s)
    LG G3/G2/XCharge, Moto E4/E2/G/G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, PagePlus, TracFone, Tello, TMO, Xfinity
    Feedback Score
    Here is a new OEM battery from eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-OEM-Orig...EAAOxyI8lR-Xm5

Most of the eBay batteries were used, but this one says new. Cheap price too. Other listings say this is the correct battery for the LG200c.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast