Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: LG 200 New Battery Needed?

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mframe View Post
    Here is a new OEM battery from eBay.
    It would be worth a shot. Any time I have ever had a problem on ebay (very rare) ebay always took care of it.

Feedback Score
    With some low quality batteries, you may not have any problems until a few months after the fact, so factor that in.

Quote Originally Posted by weiden1 View Post
    It would be worth a shot. Any time I have ever had a problem on ebay (very rare) ebay always took care of it.

Feedback Score
    Thank you for the further comments!

mframe, thanks for that find! I just may try that if the drain-and-recharge approach doesn't work.

loboheeler, thanks for the explanation. I'll do as you suggest. I'm in process of letting it drain as we speak.

Also, re: the LG236C, I think I bought mine just a couple years ago for something like $20 through Tracfone itself, so it is a case of sticker shock seeing what some are charging for them now. Now the vast majority of those at the TF site for my zip code are all these touchscreen internet phones which I simply don't need at all. I only need phone and texting capability.

I did, however, look at this model, which was mentioned here by hpham. On the surface it appears to be close to the LG236C, but how do I find out if it's a CDMA model? The details don't specify.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG Rebel 2, Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DogRiverRefugee View Post
    I did, however, look at this model, which was mentioned here by hpham. On the surface it appears to be close to the LG236C, but how do I find out if it's a CDMA model? The details don't specify.
    That phone is a CDMA LTE phone. The model naming scheme for LTE phones: VL is Verizon LTE, AL is AT&T LTE, TL is T-Mobile LTE, BL is an odd ball that can be AT&T or T-mobile, no certainty.
    Last edited by hpham; 08-20-2017 at 08:07 AM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Some things to consider if you're choosing between the LG236C and the ZTE Z233VL.

LG236C:
    - It can roam where there is no native Verizon tower.
    - It only has Double-Minute For Life.

Z233VL: (although it's a flip-phone, it's treated as a smartphone administratively)
    - It (and other smartphones) cannot roam. If there is no native Verizon tower, you have no cell service. Depending on where you live/work/travel, that may or may not be an issue.
    - It appears that this phone uses the Smartphone-only cards. While those cards are not doubled/tripled, the units that you get are usually more than what you can get from a similarly-priced "traditional" card that gets doubled on a flip-phone.
    - Texts are deducted from its own bucket, not from the single-bucket of an old-style flip-phone. If you use a lot of texts, you can add the text-only card, $10 for 1000 texts.

Take a look at https://www.tracfone.com/shop/plans , compare the Smartphone-only cards against the Pay As You Go (traditional) cards and see which one works out better for your usage.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Some things to consider if you're choosing between the LG236C and the ZTE Z233VL.

- Texts are deducted from its own bucket, not from the single-bucket of an old-style flip-phone. If you use a lot of texts, you can add the text-only card, $10 for 1000 texts.

Take a look at https://www.tracfone.com/shop/plans , compare the Smartphone-only cards against the Pay As You Go (traditional) cards and see which one works out better for your usage.
    Texts are cheaper than they were - it's now $5 per 1000. To add on the traditional v smartphone-only cards, if you use all three buckets you can reduce the amount of unused/unlikely-to-be used service by going with the smartphone only cards and the service time 1-year add on card.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfu2215 View Post
    Texts are cheaper than they were - it's now $5 per 1000.
    Thanks for the correction. Goes to show I don't pay much attention to the cost/usage of texts. I still have 7000+ in my text bucket and use maybe 20 per month.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the correction. Goes to show I don't pay much attention to the cost/usage of texts. I still have 7000+ in my text bucket and use maybe 20 per month.
    Same here for texts and talk minutes!

Feedback Score

Z233VL: (although it's a flip-phone, it's treated as a smartphone administratively)
    - It appears that this phone uses the Smartphone-only cards. While those cards are not doubled/tripled, the units that you get are usually more than what you can get from a similarly-priced "traditional" card that gets doubled on a flip-phone.
    Smartphone cards are far cheaper for airtime than doubled standard cards, but can have less service time.

Another consideration is the Z233VL is quite large in the hand when open. About 8.5"

Feedback Score
    Thank you for your additional comments! And thanks hpham for the information and comparison on the two phone models. Now I know I can safely get either one if necessary.

I'm still waiting for my (mom's) phone to fully drain so I can recharge it, but in the meantime I did go ahead and order one of those batteries from the link provided by mframe. I figure it would be good to have one on hand for her phone or mine regardless.

Feedback Score
    To hasten the battery drain, turn OFF your display timeout, and turn the display brightness to MAX.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by steiny180 View Post
    To hasten the battery drain, turn OFF your display timeout, and turn the display brightness to MAX.
    Good suggestion, as there are display settings on that phone. Not much else being such a simple device.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Good suggestion, as there are display settings on that phone. Not much else being such a simple device.
    From https://www.manualslib.com/manual/533539/Lg-200.html
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Feedback Score
    Thanks for those suggestions!

Feedback Score
    Brief update: the phone fully discharged and has now been fully recharged and seems to be working okay for the time being.

I have also received the battery I sent away for. (Thanks again for the link, mframe!) So I'll be ready in case the present battery is truly on the way out.

Thanks again for all the feedback & suggestions!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast