Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Activating Verzion Prepaid Moto E4 on Total Wireless ?

Feedback Score

Activating Verzion Prepaid Moto E4 on Total Wireless ?

What is involved in activating a Verizon Prepaid Moto E4 on Total Wireless ? What is the minimum Verizon Prepaid activation amount ("ransom") to free up this phone to allow it to be activated on Total Wireless. - Thanks

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); Moto G (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I think (someone correct if I'm off on this) the going understanding is that you have to do a straight month on VZW Prepaid to free up a branded phone from them.

But with so many other sources for the new (non-branded) E4 out there, why would a person elect to go that route unless there was some significant initial cost advantage for the device (or they happen to already own the phone)?

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    I think (someone correct if I'm off on this) the going understanding is that you have to do a straight month on VZW Prepaid to free up a branded phone from them.

But with so many other sources for the new (non-branded) E4 out there, why would a person elect to go that route unless there was some significant initial cost advantage for the device (or they happen to already own the phone)?
    VZ E4 was selling on Walmart.com for $40 recently but currently none available. So $40 + $40 would be cheaper than the unlocked version for $129. VZ sells it for $70 so another $40 for ransom and you might as well just buy the unlocked one. Target had it for $120.

Feedback Score
    I know this thread is huge but ya might wanna search it for TW info. Seems like a few people got it working on TW with an already active sim after unlock.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    I know this thread is huge but ya might wanna search it for TW info. Seems like a few people got it working on TW with an already active sim after unlock.
    But the OP implies they are not active on TW hence the need to pay the ransom to get it whitelisted to take elsewhere to activate.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bamx2 View Post
    What is involved in activating a Verizon Prepaid Moto E4 on Total Wireless ? What is the minimum Verizon Prepaid activation amount ("ransom") to free up this phone to allow it to be activated on Total Wireless. - Thanks
    I bought the $2.29 eBay unlock code for my $40 Walmart Verizon PP Moto E4. After I unlocked it, I inserted the Xfinity Mobile SIM (also a VZ MVNO) into the E4 and everything just ran perfectly without me doing anything besides installing the XM apps from Google Play. I should have tested the XM SIM before I unlocked the phone to see if I would need to unlock it to run the XM SIM. Anyway, everything is running great for my XM line.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sbmobile View Post
    I bought the $2.29 eBay unlock code for my $40 Walmart Verizon PP Moto E4. After I unlocked it, I inserted the Xfinity Mobile SIM (also a VZ MVNO) into the E4 and everything just ran perfectly without me doing anything besides installing the XM apps from Google Play. I should have tested the XM SIM before I unlocked the phone to see if I would need to unlock it to run the XM SIM. Anyway, everything is running great for my XM line.
    Was the Xfinity SIM already active? In any case it's interesting as one poster in that thread was saying that any active SIM on a VZ MVNO would fail to work after awhile.

Feedback Score
    OP here - Yes that is the case. I am porting in from another provider. I don't mind paying the ransom if it is for one month and not more than $40 as I need service anyway. I can move over to TW near the end of that month. BTW, the nearby Walmart store has these phones in stock at $40.00.

Quote Originally Posted by mathfaster View Post
    But the OP implies they are not active on TW hence the need to pay the ransom to get it whitelisted to take elsewhere to activate.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    OP here - Yes that is the case. I am porting in from another provider. I don't mind paying the ransom if it is for one month and not more than $40 as I need service anyway. I can move over to TW near the end of that month. BTW, the nearby Walmart store has these phones in stock at $40.00.
    There is a thread in the Verizon Prepaid forum where one user paid the ransom for $40 and was able to get an unlock code for the phone. Thread is for the E4. VZ said it had to be active for 30 days but they were interested in taking the phone to VZ post paid. There is a way to check for whitelisting when you have an account by checking the trade-in value.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...id-on-Postpaid

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mathfaster View Post
    Was the Xfinity SIM already active? In any case it's interesting as one poster in that thread was saying that any active SIM on a VZ MVNO would fail to work after awhile.
    XM SIM's must be activated in the phones that they came with because XM does not allow BYOD at present time. So yup, mine was activated even before I got it and the phone via FedEx.

Feedback Score
    I suggest you check the SlickDeals Walmart Moto E4 thread. There were a few people who used this phone with TW. Join the discussion and post your questions there. You will get the answers. The thread is pretty long, just use the search function.

Feedback Score
    I have been a TW customer since January. In April I bought Verizon PP Moto G4 $35. I bought ebay unlock code and hot swapped my activated sim into the G4.Been working every since. Does TW still think my old phone is active? Or does TW know I'm using the G4 and don't care?

The reason for the questions is I'm trying to get my mom setup on TW from verizon. I bought her a E4 from Walmart for $40 and ebay unlock code. All that is working fine. Since she is new to TW and does not have a compatible phone how do I set her up on TW (phone wise)? Ihave a compatible phone but I think TW still thinks I'm using it and not my G4. Does this make any sense? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by superduty59 View Post
    I have been a TW customer since January. In April I bought Verizon PP Moto G4 $35. I bought ebay unlock code and hot swapped my activated sim into the G4.Been working every since. Does TW still think my old phone is active? Or does TW know I'm using the G4 and don't care?
    I don;t think TW cares what phone your currently using on their service. I've switched sims multiple times wth different phones. Never had a problem, just inserted sim and service keeps going as normal. Account will show the original device you signed up with, but its just used to identify you in thier system.

Feedback Score
    When I go to my account I can't find any phone info all it says is my phone number. I do not see any imei# oor serial #.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by superduty59 View Post

The reason for the questions is I'm trying to get my mom setup on TW from verizon. I bought her a E4 from Walmart for $40 and ebay unlock code. All that is working fine. Since she is new to TW and does not have a compatible phone how do I set her up on TW (phone wise)? Ihave a compatible phone but I think TW still thinks I'm using it and not my G4. Does this make any sense? Thanks.
    Your mom's phone is not whitelisted on Verizon. Therefore you cannot use it on TW until it's whitelisted on Verizon AFAIK. Whitelisting the phone consists of paying VZ a ransom on VZ Prepaid to get it whitelisted. You can check the E4 for compatibility by running the IMEI on TW's website. There's a difference between activating a VZ prepaid phone on TW and swapping in an already active TW SIM into an unlocked VZ prepaid phone. The active SIM is already whitelisted which is why it works.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast