Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Activating Verzion Prepaid Moto E4 on Total Wireless ?

Device(s)
    Moto X PE, Moto G4P, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/Verizon, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by superduty59 View Post
    I have been a TW customer since January. In April I bought Verizon PP Moto G4 $35. I bought ebay unlock code and hot swapped my activated sim into the G4.Been working every since. Does TW still think my old phone is active? Or does TW know I'm using the G4 and don't care?

The reason for the questions is I'm trying to get my mom setup on TW from verizon. I bought her a E4 from Walmart for $40 and ebay unlock code. All that is working fine. Since she is new to TW and does not have a compatible phone how do I set her up on TW (phone wise)? Ihave a compatible phone but I think TW still thinks I'm using it and not my G4. Does this make any sense? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by superduty59 View Post
    When I go to my account I can't find any phone info all it says is my phone number. I do not see any imei# oor serial #.
    You won't find your phone's IMEI number on your account, AFAIK. But I think you would get an error from Total Wireless if you check the IMEI that was used to activate your TW SIM card that you're using in the VZW PP Moto G4 Play. So you would not be able to use it to activate another SIM on TW. It may also fail to activate on another Verizon MVNO, but that's not clear since I don't know if anyone has tried it.

If you want to avoid getting the VZW PP Moto E4 whitelisted for use on Verizon MVNO's and still use it on TW, you would need to get another whitelisted phone to use to activate the TW SIM.

Quote Originally Posted by mathfaster View Post
    Your mom's phone is not whitelisted on Verizon. Therefore you cannot use it on TW until it's whitelisted on Verizon AFAIK. Whitelisting the phone consists of paying VZ a ransom on VZ Prepaid to get it whitelisted. You can check the E4 for compatibility by running the IMEI on TW's website. There's a difference between activating a VZ prepaid phone on TW and swapping in an already active TW SIM into an unlocked VZ prepaid phone. The active SIM is already whitelisted which is why it works.
    The SIM was activated on TW with a phone that was whitelisted by Verizon for use on Verizon MVNO's.

This is why I started this thread: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...Verizon-MVNO-s to get more discussion about how this works.

Feedback Score
    It appears that some of the people posting on the SD thread are claimin that they are this phone on TW with a fresh sim, Anyway, very confusing. I think I'll play it safe and find the best deal I can on the unlocked version Moto E4 XT1768 .

https://slickdeals.net/newsearch.php...total+wireless

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sbmobile View Post
    XM SIM's must be activated in the phones that they came with because XM does not allow BYOD at present time. So yup, mine was activated even before I got it and the phone via FedEx.
    Could you please clarify this? When you ordered XM service, did you order a phone also from Comcast? And did you mean that Comcast activated the SIM before sending it to you? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    I'm using a WalMart $40 Verizon Moto E4 that I unlocked with a code from Ebay. Note: you have to give the IMEI # of the phone when you order the code, so the codes 'seem' to be tied to a single phone (but the seller could just want you to think so...).
    Also' The Ebay listings say the code will be mailed to you to comply with Ebay policies, but I got mine in Email a day later (included in the order confirmation).
    The phone was never used on Verizon.
    NOTE: MMS (images in texting) does NOT work on the unlocked phone - at least on GSM - unless you change the MMS app. Verizon uses the app: messenger+ They also hide the menu item for changing the default messenger app. I eventually found it by searching from the settings screen for 'message'. I was then able to select: messenger app (note that there is no '+'). It prompts for a reboot.

Feedback Score
    The code is tied to the IMEI, that's why the code works without any cellular/data connection. I just got one unlocked with my net10 att sim, I didn't even have to set an apn, and picture messaging works perfectly. Not sure why Verizon made it so easy, but they did.

Feedback Score
    In other words, the unlock code when you enter it is not communicating with anything except it's own software.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2