Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Issues with BYOP iPhone 4s (balance, IMEI, network)

Feedback Score

Issues with BYOP iPhone 4s (balance, IMEI, network)

Hi all,

I have a few issues going on and was wondering if people here had seen this and had suggestions.

I recently re-activated an iPhone 4s that had originally been on verizon but then used on tracfone with $10 NAC activation fee. I re-activated it as a second phone on my Tracfone account with a new number.

It activated fine (had to call tech support though) and I loaded a 200 minute prepaid card. At the time of activation it was confirmed that 600/600/600 showed for data/voice/message. Calls and text seem to work fine on the iphone in the last two weeks.

However,

1) I have been unable to get a balance check for it. I have tried by logging into my tracfone account, used fastact, used 611611, the tracfone app, and also the check balance direct link page as well where you enter the phone number with last 4 digits of IMEI.

2) When I used the 611611 and texted "FOUR", the message I got was the this IMEI# cannot be found.

3) on the iphone settings/general/about shows none under Carrier and verizon under network.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

Thanks

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    This phone has been added to your account? Do you see it in your account (web site, not phone app)? If you see it what happens when you select the check balance? Normally you see dashes, then it takes a few minutes and shows your balance.

Feedback Score
    Yes, that's the first one I had tried. It is on my account (website). Check balance spins for a while and then returns with a message " unable to get the information." and to try back later.

Feedback Score
    Does the iPhone have the latest IOS update ??

Feedback Score
    vjones211,
    Sounds like an issue only TracFone CS can fix.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Does the iPhone have the latest IOS update ??
    Support for the iPhone 4s ended with iOS 9 but getting BALANCE info from the website wouldn't be dependent on the phone OS.

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    Remove it from your account, wait a day and add it again. Then try the balance check.

Feedback Score
    fastactportal does not require phone to be in an account, so doubtful that this will resolve the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by southchatham View Post
    Remove it from your account, wait a day and add it again. Then try the balance check.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vjones211 View Post
    Hi all,

I have a few issues going on and was wondering if people here had seen this and had suggestions.

I recently re-activated an iPhone 4s that had originally been on verizon but then used on tracfone with $10 NAC activation fee. I re-activated it as a second phone on my Tracfone account with a new number.

It activated fine (had to call tech support though) and I loaded a 200 minute prepaid card. At the time of activation it was confirmed that 600/600/600 showed for data/voice/message. Calls and text seem to work fine on the iphone in the last two weeks.

However,

1) I have been unable to get a balance check for it. I have tried by logging into my tracfone account, used fastact, used 611611, the tracfone app, and also the check balance direct link page as well where you enter the phone number with last 4 digits of IMEI.

2) When I used the 611611 and texted "FOUR", the message I got was the this IMEI# cannot be found.

3) on the iphone settings/general/about shows none under Carrier and verizon under network.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

Thanks
    See here - http://tracfonereviewer.blogspot.com...rtime.html?m=1

There's more than one way to check
    Your airtime balance.

Feedback Score
    And the OP covers them all if I'm not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    See here - http://tracfonereviewer.blogspot.com...rtime.html?m=1

There's more than one way to check
    Your airtime balance.

Feedback Score
    Thank you for all the suggestions.

As tfusr19 says, I have tried all the ones in the link given by october262. I am a little hesitant removing it from my account and then adding it back and as for updating iOS, given it is iphone 4s, I'd much rather leave it at 8. As mathfaster and tfusr19 say, the balance should be independent of these two.

It is baffling and frustrating. All I see is the end date and what use is that if I cannot see when I am running low to add more and then to see if it added.

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vjones211 View Post
    Thank you for all the suggestions.

As tfusr19 says, I have tried all the ones in the link given by october262. I am a little hesitant removing it from my account and then adding it back and as for updating iOS, given it is iphone 4s, I'd much rather leave it at 8. As mathfaster and tfusr19 say, the balance should be independent of these two.

It is baffling and frustrating. All I see is the end date and what use is that if I cannot see when I am running low to add more and then to see if it added.
    I don't mean cancel using the phone, just clicking remove from my account under edit in your online account. This will have no effect on your phone. I was only hoping this might kick start something.

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    Another suggestion. Dial *228 and reprogram your phone.

Feedback Score
    Try to check the balance now. I got an error when i tried to check yesterday. It seems to be working as of this morning.

Feedback Score
    Thanks southcharm. Will try it but when I was activating the phone, the *228 used to just result in a verizon wireless message so I am not sure if it will work now.

Thanks Hindolam - still no go.

I have contacted the customer service and the agent on chat was unable to lookup the balance; says he has escalated it to another department. Will wait and see. The tracfone forum seem to have many similar stories.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast