Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Moto G4 Plays down to $19 at Walmart

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    Do these unlock codes allow the phone to be used on postpaid? Or is that handled differently within the Verizon system (associate it to your Verizon account and use it long enough)
    No. If you put your post paid SIM in the E4 it will get hotlined and you will need to get Verizon to fix it so you can put the SIM back into your post paid phone and use it. Some posts have peeps putting post paid SIM for Verizon in the phone and then telling the VZ rep they need to be able to use the phone for whatever reason. Thus they get around the requirement to put it on VZ prepaid and pay the ransom to get the phone whitelisted. YMMV.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The question then is how does Verizon credit the phone. Using it any point in the month on the prepaid account? When the account renews? When the account is paid?

The box says when $75 in payments are received or 1 year from activation (I purchased today).

It might have been interesting to see how coverage would have been on my 2500 mile road trip last month, but I was still on Verizon postpaid then.
    I gave into temptation, and bought the iPhone X, even though I had a perfectly good, though oversized, 7+.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Well, while the E4 was showing on my account page, I added $75 in funds to my account (bringing me to $120). Hopefully, that is enough if I decide to call tomorrow to unlock it.

Device(s)
    Moto X PE, Moto G4P, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/Verizon, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Well, while the E4 was showing on my account page, I added $75 in funds to my account (bringing me to $120). Hopefully, that is enough if I decide to call tomorrow to unlock it.
    I wonder if you needed to do that. Putting on your account may have been enough.

Some were able to get it whitelisted after activating with only one month service (on the $30 plan back when they offered the $30 plan). But that's the key, getting it whitelisted. That's the hard part. You can check it by seeing if it's eligible on Page Plus, Boom, Total Wireless, TracFone (Verizon) or Straight Talk (Verizon).

When you call, they should give you an unlock code (the same as you'd get if you paid ~$2 on eBay), but you should also ask about getting it whitelisted for use on Verizon Postpaid and Verizon MVNOs.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The box said $75. Now I'm "stuck" on VPP through the end of the year

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The instructions were useless. Could not find a way to contact representative when calling. When prompted about question, if I included unlock it thought I forgot how to login to phone. Not for unlocking for other carrier.

I used live chat, and it worked. I tried another SIM, and it works. If I decide to go to postpaid at some point, and they give me any issues, I'll just explain things then. I just feel better having a backup phone I can move a SIM to if necessary. And $42 is a good deal for that.

Feedback Score
    The instructions were useless. Could not find a way to contact representative when calling. When prompted about question, if I included unlock it thought I forgot how to login to phone. Not for unlocking for other carrier.

I used live chat, and it worked. I tried another SIM, and it works. If I decide to go to postpaid at some point, and they give me any issues, I'll just explain things then. I just feel better having a backup phone I can move a SIM to if necessary. And $42 is a good deal for that.
    I don't need Verizon Postpaid so things were much simpler, easier and cheaper for me: $39.88 for the E4 from Walmart/Target/Amazon + tax - %5 discount when I used Amazon or Target credit card for payment + $2.19 eBay unlock code.

Device(s)
    Moto G3 (Goodbye W376!)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Freedompop, Tello
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mathfaster View Post
    Use SKU 53970798 using Brickseek.com to find inventory in your area. Some stores have had these for as low as $15 per Brickseek.
    Brickseek steered me wrong. No Moto G Play at two Walmarts near me.

Sent from my MotoG3 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    Brickseek steered me wrong. No Moto G Play at two Walmarts near me.

Sent from my MotoG3 using HoFo mobile app
    You don't want the Moto G Play anyway. You want the Moto E4, which is only $40 at Walmart.

Read one of these stories:
    http://www.businessinsider.com/motor...rtphone-2017-6
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlnhwGwLXBU
    http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/bes...android-phone/
    https://www.cnet.com/products/motorola-moto-e4/review/
    http://www.techomag.com/motorola-mot...et-smartphone/

You'll find more if you google.

Feedback Score
    Well, I've been reading about Moto E4 and found it listed at my Walmart as still in stock. $39.88
    Also sku53970798, Verizon Moto G Play Prepaid Smartphone $19.
    I've signed up for Red Pockets CDMA $10 Essentials Plan & universal SIM card. With the plan to port over from Page plus at the end of the month.
    I had planned to use my Samsung S3, but it's starting to have issues with the charging port. Any ideas if either of these would work on this plan?
    The more I read, the more confused I seem to get! Thanks

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anncan View Post
    Well, I've been reading about Moto E4 and found it listed at my Walmart as still in stock. $39.88
    Also sku53970798, Verizon Moto G Play Prepaid Smartphone $19.
    I've signed up for Red Pockets CDMA $10 Essentials Plan & universal SIM card. With the plan to port over from Page plus at the end of the month.
    I had planned to use my Samsung S3, but it's starting to have issues with the charging port. Any ideas if either of these would work on this plan?
    The more I read, the more confused I seem to get! Thanks
    The phone is locked to Verizon Prepaid so probably won't work on a MVNO until it is unlocked. Which requires, according to the box, $75 in payments to Verizon prepaid before it can be unlocked.

There are options to unlock on eBay, but I suspect that won't be good enough to use on a Verizon network, even on a MVNO. Maybe someone else can comment.

Feedback Score
    The phone is locked to Verizon Prepaid so probably won't work on a MVNO until it is unlocked. Which requires, according to the box, $75 in payments to Verizon prepaid before it can be unlocked.

There are options to unlock on eBay, but I suspect that won't be good enough to use on a Verizon network, even on a MVNO. Maybe someone else can comment.
    I am using the Moto E4 Verizon Prepaid (+ eBay unlock code) on Xfinity Mobile with no problems. Everything has worked great including HD Voice.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sbmobile View Post
    I am using the Moto E4 Verizon Prepaid (+ eBay unlock code) on Xfinity Mobile with no problems. Everything has worked great including HD Voice.
    That is good to know for others in similar positions. I had thought that maybe Verizon's system would keep track of phones that hadn't had the $75 or one year on Vz prepaid satisfied.

Device(s)
    Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket CDMA $10 Essentials
    Feedback Score
    SBMobile, so the 2.19 Ebay unlock code works without the $70 in payments or one year requirement?
    TZ

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tzais01 View Post
    SBMobile, so the 2.19 Ebay unlock code works without the $70 in payments or one year requirement?
    The eBay unlock code will unlock the E4 to let it work on GSM networks such as AT&T, T-Mobile, their MVNOs, Verizon MVNO's such as Xfinity Mobile. You can use this phone on Verizon Prepaid and Verizon MVNO's. You can't use this phone on Verizon Postpaid without paying the ransom as listed on the box.

I think the eBay seller charges $2.09 now for the code instead of $2.19. It was $2.39 before.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast