Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Moto G4 Plays down to $19 at Walmart

Device(s)
    Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket CDMA $10 Essentials
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sbmobile View Post

The eBay unlock code will unlock the E4 to let it work on GSM networks such as AT&T, T-Mobile, their MVNO, Verizon MVNO's such as Xfinity Mobile. You can use this phone on Verizon Prepaid and Verizon MVNO's. You can't use this phone on Verizon Postpaid without paying the ransom as listed on the box.

I think the eBay seller charges $2.09 now for the code instead of $2.19. It was $2.39.
    Thanks! I'm looking at Red Pocket's 1000/1000/1g for $15 and want to use Verizon's network. You can pick which is awesome.
    TZ

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    Brickseek steered me wrong. No Moto G Play at two Walmarts near me.

Sent from my MotoG3 using HoFo mobile app
    I was looking for a cheap G4 last month with all the clearance deals going on. Brickseek was always totally wrong about stock in my area.

Device(s)
    Moto G1, Moto E2, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tzais01 View Post
    Thanks! I'm looking at Red Pocket's 1000/1000/1g for $15 and want to use Verizon's network. You can pick which is awesome.
    There is a difference between getting it unlocked (SIM lock) and getting it whitelisted. Buying an unlock code on eBay and unlocking it will not get it whitelisted to use on Red Pocket/Verizon. You will need to activate the SIM with another whitelisted phone to use the Moto E4. In order to get it whitelisted, you need to activate it on Verizon Prepaid for whatever there requirements are - as stated on the back of the box - 1 year or $75 in payments.

Device(s)
    Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bw01 View Post
    There is a difference between getting it unlocked (SIM lock) and getting it whitelisted. Buying an unlock code on eBay and unlocking it will not get it whitelisted to use on Red Pocket/Verizon. You will need to activate the SIM with another whitelisted phone to use the Moto E4. In order to get it whitelisted, you need to activate it on Verizon Prepaid for whatever there requirements are - as stated on the back of the box - 1 year or $75 in payments.
    Now I'm confused because a earlier post in this thread said a they bought the unlock code and is using it on Xfinity with no problem.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Now I'm confused because a earlier post in this thread said a they bought the unlock code and is using it on Xfinity with no problem.
    That's because they bought an LG X-Charge for $1 and activated the SIM in that and then moved the SIM to the Moto E4 after they unlocked the Moto using an unlock code bought off eBay.

When you activate a phone on a Verizon MVNO (or Verizon Prepaid AFAIK) you have to give them the IMEI of the phone you're activating, along with the SIM card # (ICCID). That IMEI must be whitelisted in Verizon's database.

Device(s)
    Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    That's because they bought an LG X-Charge for $1 and activated the SIM in that and then moved the SIM to the Moto E4 after they unlocked the Moto using an unlock code bought off eBay.

When you activate a phone on a Verizon MVNO (or Verizon Prepaid AFAIK) you have to give them the IMEI of the phone you're activating, along with the SIM card # (ICCID). That IMEI must be whitelisted in Verizon's database.
    So can I activate a whitelisted Iphone 6 and then just move the sim to a Moto E4? Don't I have to tell them the IMEI number of the phone I'm using it with?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    So can I activate a whitelisted Iphone 6 and then just move the sim to a Moto E4? Don't I have to tell them the IMEI number of the phone I'm using it with?
    Yes, you should be able to do that. But you wouldn't be able to activate the iPhone again for another line on the same or another Verizon MVNO, as far as I understand it, although I don't know if anyone's tried that.

Your phone will report the IMEI number of the phone your using it with when it communicates with the tower. In theory, Verizon could audit and cut off any phones that are not whitelisted. But that may result in a backlash of bad publicity and they may rather someone uses their (eBay unlocked) Verizon Prepaid Moto E4 on a Verizon MVNO, than on an AT&T or T-Mobile MVNO.

Device(s)
    Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

How do you get a LG X-Charge for $1? I'm seeing them at $100 on Ebay.

Device(s)
    SM-G935U
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/shop/...=Titan%20Black

EDIT: Whoops. Looks like they ran out of stock. $1 is a pretty amazing price for ANY phone.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Xfinity Mobile had them for $1 after discount when signing up for their service. You have to have Xfinity service at home (cable, internet and/or phone). I think it ended yesterday or today.

Device(s)
    Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Wow! That was a deal. Did you have to buy a plan or anything with it?

Device(s)
    SM-G935U
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Wow! That was a deal. Did you have to buy a plan or anything with it?
    You have to be a Comcast customer.

Device(s)
    SM-G935U
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Xfinity Mobile had them for $1 after discount when signing up for their service. You have to have Xfinity service at home (cable, internet and/or phone). I think it ended yesterday or today.
    The promo still seems to be live, but they're out of stock it seems.

Device(s)
    Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Yes, that would be no-go for me.

Device(s)
    LG G3/G2/XCharge, Moto E4/E2/G/G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, PagePlus, TracFone, Tello, TMO, Xfinity
    Feedback Score
    I just looked. It is back to its regular price of $180.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast