Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Moto G4 Plays down to $19 at Walmart

Feedback Score
    I picked up a Moto E4 at my local Walmart last night. It was the last one in store, but they said it had just come in that morning. That tells me that they may be available, but not all the time. I have 15 days to return it if it doesn't work out.
    Going to switch from PagePlus to Red Pocket with my SamsungS3, and port my #, and see how it works. Then after I unlock the MotoE4 I'm pulling the Red Pocket sim out of the S3 and put it in the MotoE4. I'll let you all know it works. Probably not till later next week.
    BTW, I used my Walmart app to check if my local stores had the phone. It said out of stock at my nearest store, but limited quantities at 2 other nearby stores. So Walmart app might be another way to check on inventory. It just won't show deals like Brickseek.
    Last edited by anncan; 09-15-2017 at 10:37 AM.

Feedback Score
    Ok. I finally got around to setting Moto E4 up.
    It was a learning experience for me.
    Bought phone at Walmart.
    Ordered unlock code on eBay
    Powered up phone with the Verizon sim card in it. (I couldn't wait to play with it, as I've never had a Moto.
    Used the unlock code, but wasn't sure if it work, since I had read that you needed to have a different sim card than the Verizon one in it.
    At this point I got nervous. I discovered Moto had nano sim card and my S3 has a mini.
    So I bought a sim card adapter set, cut my Page plus card down (after ordering new Page plus sim card).
    Tested the cut down card in the S3 and it still works with sim adapter!
    Fired up the MotoE4 using the cut down sim and it works!!
    This all didn't happen in one setting. Took almost a week of stopping and starting, reading and ordering items I needed.
    So yes it can be done.
    Time will tell if it will continue to work.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket CDMA $10 Essentials
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anncan View Post
    Bought phone at Walmart.
    Powered up phone with the Verizon sim card in it. (I couldn't wait to play with it, as I've never had a Moto.
    Used the unlock code, but wasn't sure if it work, since I had read that you needed to have a different sim card than the Verizon one in it.
    At this point I got nervous. I discovered Moto had nano sim card and my S3 has a mini.
    So I bought a sim card adapter set, cut my Page plus card down (after ordering new Page plus sim card).
    This all didn't happen in one setting. Took almost a week of stopping and starting, reading and ordering items I needed.
    So yes it can be done.

So when you fired up the Verizon E4 did it ask for an unlock code? If not, how did you unlock it?
    TZ

Feedback Score
    Yes, it asked for code the first time I started it. Typed it in and accepted it first time

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anncan View Post
    Bought phone at Walmart.
    So yes it can be done.

The Moto E4 that I unlocked with Ebay purchased code is still working fine. This week I switched from Page Plus to Red Pocket and ported my # over. I did the port on my old Samsung S3 that I was replacing, got everything running on it, then just put the RP sim in the Moto E4.
    So far so good. I'm getting 4G out here in a rural area. that has poor coverage.
    Thanks to all on forums that supplied all the info. I couldn't and wouldn't have done this otherwise!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4