Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lady on retention tells me: "Condolences"

Feedback Score

Lady on retention tells me: "Condolences"

Hi guys,

Here is my experience with freedom mobile, retention.

I called retention trying to get the 50/40 plans offered in the fire sale this weekend. I am long time customer with Freedom, since their inception almost ...

I got no honey from retention - which is fine. I said: I will switch to another provider then (my right).

I got a response back from the lady on the phone: "Condolences" Holly mother of God !!!

To be honest, this is totally out of order !!! Of course, for quality assurance purposes they recorded the call.

I said: "I am sorry, am I dead?" The lady from retention said: "Sorry, wrong choice of words"

I am definitely saying: "Sorry, freedom, wrong choice of employee".

I will most definitely port out my 4 lines asap.

I hope you guys do as well.

Sorry for the long rant.
    Last edited by dudu_georgescu; 08-21-2017 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Too emotional to spell right right now

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dudu_georgescu View Post
    Hi guys,

I called retention trying to get the 50/40 plans offered in the fire sale this weekend. I am long time customer with Freedom, since their inception almost ...

I got no honey from retention - which is fine. I said: I will switch to another provider then (my right).

I got a response back from the lady on the phone: "Condolences" Holly mother of God !!!

To be honest, this is totally out of order !!! Of course, for quality assurance purposes they recorded the call.

I said: "I am sorry, am I dead?" The lady from retention said: "Sorry, wrong choice of words"

Sorry for the long rant.
    Seemed like she used the right word to me:

Condelence:
    noun
    Often, condolences. expression of sympathy with a person who is suffering sorrow, misfortune, or grief.
    http://www.dictionary.com/browse/condolence

You were suffering about not getting what you want or something, and she expressed sympathy towards your whining? Seems like the customer service for once KNEW what they were doing.

Device(s)
    Passport, Leap, Lumia 650 DS
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    'Condolence' is just an expression of sympathy, I'm not entirely sure why you're getting all bent out of shape about it. It's not a word that's reserved simply for use at funerals and such but can be used in a whole variety of contexts, and more than often is. I use 'condolences' for a whole variety of reasons, and it seems that this person was using it in a context of sympathy for you wanting to leave.

Maybe I could suggest you have a thesaurus beside your phone before you next make a call?

Feedback Score
    Dictionary.com

Often, condolences. expression of sympathy with a person who is suffering sorrow, misfortune, or grief.

I said: "Sure, then I am moving" in a neutral tone of voice.

What "grief, sorrow, misfortune" was I suffering from?

Thanks.

P.S. Of course, when I heard the expression, I got pissed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by seekr View Post
    Seemed like she used the right word to me:

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/condolence

You were suffering about not getting what you want or something, and she expressed sympathy towards your whining? Seems like the customer service for once KNEW what they were doing.
    Where, exactly, was I whining? Please do explain, you seem to know it all.

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    They tried to tell me the same thing but I just kept calling back until someone in loyalty gave it to me. After reading about others getting it and they were customers already I refused to let up until I got it and at the third well actually 4th if you count the first call on Friday (the other three were on Sunday) I just persisted and even directed them to Reddit n Howard forums where ppl had said they received it. They finally just gave in and gave it to me. I think you need to be a PITA to get it lol

Sent from my LG G6

Device(s)
    Palm Pre Plus (On The Way)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You definitely don't come to Freedom for excellent customer service. They are pretty bad. Mostly incompetent but a few are downright rude. Course I expect crap customer service when paying $40 for what would cost me $100+ per a month at the big 3.

Feedback Score
    Make sure to come back and tell us how much more you're paying with the big 3.

Feedback Score
    I guess mile may vary because i just called freedom, got the go around with the first rep, asked for the loyalty department and two questions later got the plan, with not much hassle.. just waited about an hour on hold. Second rep was totaly cool & gave me no bs about "new accounts".

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Diego11 View Post
    Make sure to come back and tell us how much more you're paying with the big 3.
    The big 3 isn't always more expensive. Public Mobile is part of the big 3 and has better value than Wind during promos. And lots of people have access to corporate plans on the big 3. I was with Wind for years and I don't regret leaving Wind in any way. Sure I spend a little more but the difference in service and coverage is incredible.

With that said I wouldn't leave a phone provider over an employee saying "condolences". Seems ridiculous.

Device(s)
    ZTE Grand X 4
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dudu_georgescu View Post
    Hi guys,

Sorry for the long rant.
    It's unbelievable how whiny people can be about a word. She gave you her condolences, you clearly don't understand the meaning of the word, but even if you were correct and she used it wrong, you are still threatening to leave a carrier over a word. Pathetic.

Sent from my Z957 using HoFo mobile app
    Damn!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S Plus (128GB version)
    Carrier(s)
    Wind (Former Mobilicity Subscriber)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimjimm View Post
    I guess mile may vary because i just called freedom, got the go around with the first rep, asked for the loyalty department and two questions later got the plan, with not much hassle.. just waited about an hour on hold. Second rep was totaly cool & gave me no bs about "new accounts".
    I switched my plan out for the "balls out" plan (the $59.00) one and I had no issues. But for this, I physically went into a store. I also swapped out the SIM card to prepare my phone for LTE on Band 7. The store initially balked at the card switch, but when I told them Corporate cleared it over Twitter, they issued me a new one and destroyed my old one.

I'm lucky enough not to have to call Loyalty.

As for the OP, my mom is retired from doing customer service at Rogers (and yes through her, I can get a discounted plan if I wanted to, but the plan structure for my needs doesn't cut it). There's far worse that you apparently do not know about. Leaving a provider over one word is asinine. The representative apologized, which in my words is sufficient enough. What I would've done, was say "thank you for your time", end the call and then call back 10 minutes later. Reason for this, which apparently you didn't think about is to calm down and think with a cooler head. I partially do customer service at a condo (when you work as a concierge, overnight, believe me, you find yourself doing a lot of things that aren't in the job description). There's been times where residents have yelled at me, and gotten upset. Normally I have to write those up for Management, but I let some time pass before that (60 minute limit). 9.99 times out of 10, they will come back down and apologize. If they do that, it's off the record. The incident as far as I'm concerned didn't happen. You might want to try that. Keep doing that until you get what you want. It's worked for several people here, apparently.

The forum users have every right to attack you over the word "condolences". They are right. You are wrong.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimjimm View Post
    Same except I spoke directly with the French line (they speak English too) and they were totally awesome. The rep even said that when there's a promo like this. Customers should just call the French line. She said the wait might be longer. But at least they'll understand what your asking. The plan switch took 5min. It would have been quicker but the reps system froze because of all the people that were switching to promo plans since Sunday

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jt325i View Post
    You definitely don't come to Freedom for excellent customer service. They are pretty bad. Mostly incompetent but a few are downright rude. Course I expect crap customer service when paying $40 for what would cost me $100+ per a month at the big 3.
    Big 3's retention reps wont tell him "condolences". They will tell him "you are a sucker so pay up". Op needs a thicker skin, this is wind mobile not singapore airlines.

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    When I was with Rogers and threatened to leave, the rep told me to go ahead that I would be back , because of that I refuse to use any Rogers services ever again. 6 years and counting. I cord cut and switched carriers and will never go back lol

Sent from my LG G6

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast