Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How does ATT handle unlimited?

Feedback Score

How does ATT handle unlimited?

How does att handle unlimited data without capsizing their network while Verizon is currently in a world of hurt because of unlimited data?

Device(s)
    SM-G935U
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Probably a mixture of their basic unlimited plan being limited to 3Mbps for all data types and 480p for video, and the Stream Saver (lower video quality) feature on their other Unlimited plans which default to on.

Device(s)
    Intel iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CellGeek View Post
    How does att handle unlimited data without capsizing their network while Verizon is currently in a world of hurt because of unlimited data?
    AT&T has more spectrum deployed in most major markets so they’re handing Unlimited much better.

Sent from my AT&T iPhone 7 Plus using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by nicothetechguy View Post
    AT&T has more spectrum deployed in most major markets so they’re handing Unlimited much better.

Sent from my AT&T iPhone 7 Plus using Tapatalk
    Those markets I would guess Verizon and At&T have similar density as well. Also Verizon has more customers overall and much less capacity per subscriber

Device(s)
    Gold 128 GB iPhone 7+ Intel, whatever the cat dragged in
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Spectrum and in many markets equal or better density. I doubt that many people are on the 3 Mbps Unlimited Choice plan. I don't know anyone on it.

Galaxy S7 - Carrier Aggregation Band 30 10 MHz PCC + Band 4 10 MHz SCC1 + Band 12 10 MHz SCC2
    iPhone 7 - Carrier Aggregation Band 4 10 MHz PCC + Band 2 10 MHz SCC1 + Band 12 5 MHz SCC2

-

Intel iPhone 7 Plus- AT&T Unlimited Plus

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Better macro density in most places, more deployed spectrum, more active 256 QAM and 4x4 MIMO, and continuing to lose PP phone subs. In places they have poor density and never finished deploying LTE carriers they are suffering, believe me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GusHerb94 View Post
    Better macro density in most places, more deployed spectrum, more active 256 QAM and 4x4 MIMO, and continuing to lose PP phone subs. In places they have poor density and never finished deploying LTE carriers they are suffering, believe me.
    Why didn't they anticipate this problem or are the just kicking the can down the road?

Device(s)
    2 iPhone 4's 32GB (J/B'n and U/L'd)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    Those markets I would guess Verizon and At&T have similar density as well. Also Verizon has more customers overall and much less capacity per subscriber
    I know a lot of people at my job and several friends that are on it. I don't know why but I think the rep who put them on convinced them that it's all the same (unlimited) but at a cheaper price and they went for it.

Edit: quoted the wrong person. This was meant for the poster talking about unlimited choice on AT&T
    AT&T: 2009 to present
    Sprint: 2000 to 2009

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Learned from the iPhone days lol
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoDough View Post
    You have been trying for 5 years to work for AT&T? Are you retarded?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Why didn't they anticipate this problem or are the just kicking the can down the road?
    I've said this before; they released UDP too soon. If they'd released it next year they'd most likely be ready. AT&T already had the vision of everyone having unlimited and streaming HD by 2015 and made beefing up current cell sites for that the priority.

Device(s)
    ZTE Axon 7, iPhone 6+, Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Verizon has been too busy buying up dead 90's DotCom companies (Yahoo, AOL) and trying to be a video player with the failed Go90. Imagine what they could have done with 9.23 Billion dollars to expand the network. That's what they paid for AOL and Yahoo!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellfreak View Post
    Verizon has been too busy buying up dead 90's DotCom companies (Yahoo, AOL) and trying to be a video player with the failed Go90. Imagine what they could have done with 9.23 Billion dollars to expand the network. That's what they paid for AOL and Yahoo!
    They could of bought more spectrum, that's for sure !

Feedback Score
    I'm sorry but doesn't all four carriers throttle etc on their 'new' unlimited plans?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    They could of bought more spectrum, that's for sure !
    Spectrum isn't the problem as they're still readily deploying carriers and have their B5 to tap from which hasn't been touched in a lot of markets. I think the biggest issue here is the amount of people inferring network health based on phone plans without having any actual background on what makes a network tick. Verizon is by far the strongest player in terms of small cell development and they're constantly active in site upgrades. They're playing things a little conservatively, maybe a little bit too much to their detriment, but they're playing the smartest moves to keep a consistent level of quality across the board for all users.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Those were company investments to increase their general portfolio and not anything to do with the wireless side of things. They absorbed billions of people with Yahoo and that was more for ad-based revenue than anything. Their wireless CapEx has nothing to do with this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast