Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Page Plus &69.95 Goes Truly Unlimited!

Carrier(s)
    ATT,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alex5000 View Post
    I will say this the phones on their website are horrible and outdated.

Sent from my LGLS775 using HoFo mobile app
    They've only ever sold outdated handsets, not always bad models but always older.

Given AM purchasing power i am surprised they haven't gotten better phones since the buyout.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); Moto G (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    This likely goes without saying, considering the long-time veterans posting here, but PPC has never been much of a full service type outfit (as far as supplying the hardware). It helped spearhead the BYOD thing, so those who might rely on PPC for devices might have been (or might still be) long term basic cell users or those who don't hang out on forums like this and take initiative in sourcing devices.

But I suspect AM doesn't really have much serious use for PPC, other than how it benefited them in the aquiring of the company. Almost no innovative pricing or marketing compared to any of their other subsidiaries. I'm most concerned with what they do with the Standard Plan when 2020 arrives and devices have to be LTE. They haven't indicated with word one what their plan is for that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    I'm most concerned with what they do with the Standard Plan when 2020 arrives and devices have to be LTE. They haven't indicated with word one what their plan is for that.
    But, to be fair, that is a ways off. I wouldn't expect any MVNO to provide a clear roadmap reacting to anything that far off...

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); Moto G (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Well, sure, in a normal sense. But what other MVNO still has (probably) a significant part of their customers in a service that hasn't allowed the hardware to migrate to the now standard LTE devices? With America Movil's original PAYGO service having long made that move? Baffling, to say the least.

Feedback Score
    I will be honest I would try this plan out but I don't trust AM they might cut you off for any little thing. I rather pay the extra 10 dollars and go with Verzon Wireless prepaid for $80 a month .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    HTC MyTouch 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
    boosting data at the $70/mo level isn't going to do too much... I really wish they would boost data on their $30/mo plan to be more competitive... I'm very close to jumping ship (and taking 7 $30/mo lines with me)...
    well now PPC isn't even competitive with VZW Prepaid itself... As VZW just started offering $10/line family discounts. So after the first $40/mo line which gives you 3Gb/mo, each addn line is only $30/mo for 3Gb (and unl T/T with hotspot).

Unless PPC improves the $30/mo plan offering quick, there is no reason to stay with PPC... Time to move all our lines to either Total or VZW...

Device(s)
    Moto G1, Moto E2, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
    well now PPC isn't even competitive with VZW Prepaid itself... As VZW just started offering $10/line family discounts. So after the first $40/mo line which gives you 3Gb/mo, each addn line is only $30/mo for 3Gb (and unl T/T with hotspot).

Unless PPC improves the $30/mo plan offering quick, there is no reason to stay with PPC... Time to move all our lines to either Total or VZW...
    The $30 plan hasn't been competitive for months. Actually over a year. Boom started offering unlimited T/T and 2 GB data for $30 around August last year. And there are lots of other options, such as Red Pocket, too.

Device(s)
    HTC MyTouch 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bw01 View Post
    The $30 plan hasn't been competitive for months. Actually over a year. Boom started offering unlimited T/T and 2 GB data for $30 around August last year. And there are lots of other options, such as Red Pocket, too.
    Yes but it is particularly ridiculous when an MVNO is less competitive than Verizon itself...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2