Thread: Alcatel Pulse Mix vs LG X Charge

Device(s)
    So many.
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO, Framily, Freedompop GSM
    Feedback Score

Alcatel Pulse Mix vs LG X Charge

I've been considering upgrading my wife's phone to one with Wifi calling for a while now (she sometimes finds herself in weak coverage areas and misses calls). The final straw was her LG X Power suffering a screen shatter, so now I'm looking to port in a new line to get her a discounted phone.

I'd think the X charge is the obvious choice, as its an upgrade to her X Power which she loved... aside from the screen. She's a fan of smaller screens (think Galaxy S rather than Note), she compromised with the X Power's 5.3", but the 5.5" on the X Charge might really be pushing it. Oh, and price. She doesn't like the idea of dropping another $100+ on a phone in the same calendar year as her X power (only owned for 9 months). But, as they say, beggars can't be choosers, there isn't really much else on the lineup that supports Wifi calling.

Until I caught wind of the Alcatel Pulse Mix having a pending update to enable the feature as well. Turns out they're even advertising it already on the phone's specs. The Pulse Mix has a more compact body, 5.2" screen, and the best part of all- nearly disposable at the current sale price of $29.

But I feel like I'm being enticed for dumb reasons. I can't keep porting in numbers, its a lot of unnecessary effort to cancel a line and port in a new one to get a phone credit again if I decide the X Charge was a better value. Also, my wife hates switching phones, so I want make sure I get everything as right as possible the first time.

Someone knock some sense into me- if she's coming from the X Power and is already used to the LG style and superb battery, the Charge makes the most sense even if more expensive and a larger display, right?
    Looks like specs are similar on both, likely similar performance too aside from battery life? Then again the Pulsemix has an optional battery snapback...
    Been gone a long time. Hello, HoFo- I'm BACK.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dishe View Post
    I've been considering upgrading my wife's phone to one with Wifi calling for a while now (she sometimes finds herself in weak coverage areas and misses calls). The final straw was her LG X Power suffering a screen shatter, so now I'm looking to port in a new line to get her a discounted phone.

I'd think the X charge is the obvious choice, as its an upgrade to her X Power which she loved... aside from the screen. She's a fan of smaller screens (think Galaxy S rather than Note), she compromised with the X Power's 5.3", but the 5.5" on the X Charge might really be pushing it. Oh, and price. She doesn't like the idea of dropping another $100+ on a phone in the same calendar year as her X power (only owned for 9 months). But, as they say, beggars can't be choosers, there isn't really much else on the lineup that supports Wifi calling.

Until I caught wind of the Alcatel Pulse Mix having a pending update to enable the feature as well. Turns out they're even advertising it already on the phone's specs. The Pulse Mix has a more compact body, 5.2" screen, and the best part of all- nearly disposable at the current sale price of $29.

But I feel like I'm being enticed for dumb reasons. I can't keep porting in numbers, its a lot of unnecessary effort to cancel a line and port in a new one to get a phone credit again if I decide the X Charge was a better value. Also, my wife hates switching phones, so I want make sure I get everything as right as possible the first time.

Someone knock some sense into me- if she's coming from the X Power and is already used to the LG style and superb battery, the Charge makes the most sense even if more expensive and a larger display, right?
    Looks like specs are similar on both, likely similar performance too aside from battery life? Then again the Pulsemix has an optional battery snapback...
    My God, just get the X charge.

Device(s)
    So many.
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    LOL, done.

Feedback Score
    At this price, I would take a look at the Idol 4 also. Camera would be an upgrade.

Feedback Score
    I have the Idol 4 and it received HD calling but I see nothing about wifi calling.

Device(s)
    So many.
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, WiFi calling is what I was after, and it turns out the pulse mix never got it (yet... we're nearly a month later now). I got the X Charge and while it isn't perfect, beggers can't be choosers. It works, has WiFi calling and is somewhat of a step up from the X Power. Although not without quirks.

Feedback Score
    The pulsemix is definitely worth $30 if you can get the port in deal. To me the phone lags a lot less than phones with only 1.5 gb or ram.

The downside is that it has a few bugs in the software. Notification sounds don't always work, the proximity sensor would quit working correctly until after a restart, and the quick launch camera button on the lockscreen rarely worked to name a few.

Feedback Score
    here is a review on the Alcatel A50 / Pulsemix: http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=19612

Device(s)
    So many.
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, its a solid offering. But it still never got he WiFi calling update that I was initially interested in it for, so I'm glad I went with the X Charge. Coming from an X Power and being spoiled by the ginormous battery, I think I made the right move for me. But man, I wish I could still get the $30 port in deal.