Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Paygo: No expiration notification?

Device(s)
    Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Paygo: No expiration notification?

I've been using Page Plus paygo for a couple years now. I don't make many calls. I went to make a call today and got a message 'not enough money on your account. Looked at my records and found that my last $10 PIN expired. So I lost probably $80 or more in the account.

1. Is there any recourse?

2. Does Page Plus not send out text notifications or email any more before an account balance is about to go *poof*?

Right now I'm pretty pissed off.

Device(s)
    Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I just got off the phone with customer service. They claimed that the money could be returned since I received no notification, but I need to re-activate the phone. Does that sound correct?

Also, I looked back through my text messages. Not long after the last time I added a PIN to the account, I received a text message from Page Plus regarding the voicemail migration. It ended with 'Reply STOP to End msgs'. I may have done just that. Any chance that I inadvertently cancelled all text communication from Page Plus by doing that?

Device(s)
    Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Ok, I'm happy again.

I purchased a $10 PIN from Mega Saver/Prepayrefill, added it to the account, then called customer service again. They credited the entire $86.10 back to the account.

Device(s)
    Moto X PE, Moto G4P, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/Verizon, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    I haven't been getting text messages either for quite a while - last time was this month 2 years ago! They used to send them 3 days before expiration. I do see an entry for the free text sent in my call logs though.

Yes, my brother has missed his expiration date several times and got his balance credited back after buying another $10 PIN.

I've never had that issue, I have an auto payment set up at Callingmart. They can either send you a PIN or add it directly every 120 days, so you never miss your expiration date.

Carrier(s)
    ATT,
    Feedback Score
    Had to set my own reminders for reloading on pay-go account because PagePlus still has not fixed the automatic texts on their end.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); Moto G (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I still get SMS reminders to refill my two Standard Plan lines. In fact I just got one for a line due next week. But I know their history is spotty with this so I wouldn't rely solely on it.

Feedback Score
    I have that problem of the money on account building up faster than I use the minutes. Even with $10 every 4 months.
    Also something that appears to happen, if you keep over a $25 (maybe $30?) balance you don't get charged the 50 cent access fee each month and the minutes remain 6 cents. I used to let it get down to $5 or so and was charged the 50c access fee and the minutes were 10 cents. I haven't found anything about this in their fine print, but it is a good fact to know.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    That's a pretty unique situation. I've used nothing but $10 refills and currently have just under $40 in both my lines' accounts, and I always get charged the monthly fee.

Feedback Score
    I guess I better shut up and enjoy while it lasts. Like Tmobile for 15 days after hurricane Harvey didn't charge airtime minutes.

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    That's a pretty unique situation. I've used nothing but $10 refills and currently have just under $40 in both my lines' accounts, and I always get charged the monthly fee.
    Same here. I have over $100 and only add $10. I still get the fee.

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work / T-Mobile (iPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dfriz View Post
    I have that problem of the money on account building up faster than I use the minutes. Even with $10 every 4 months.
    Also something that appears to happen, if you keep over a $25 (maybe $30?) balance you don't get charged the 50 cent access fee each month and the minutes remain 6 cents. I used to let it get down to $5 or so and was charged the 50c access fee and the minutes were 10 cents. I haven't found anything about this in their fine print, but it is a good fact to know.
    not sure why your rate went to 6 cents -- did you at one time add a $25 PIN to the account? PagePlus works on a First In First Out approach, so you keep the rate for whatever PINS you applied, until funds from that PIN are exhausted.

For example, you can add an $80 PIN to bring the rate to 4 cents -- assume you have $40 left at the end of the year. If you add a $10 PIN to the account then, you have a $50 balance, the first $40 of which carries the 4 cent rate, and the last $10 carries the 10 cent rate.

Carrier(s)
    BOOM! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    A PayGo line here received a notice about the account expiry date.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    As an update to my last post, I have a line that was scheduled to expire tomorrow (9/29) and had received an SMS refill notification about ten days ago; then another one a couple of days ago that said I only had one service day remaining (not accurate). I refilled for that account today (one numerical/calendar day early, as is my custom) from the PPC website (PIN purchased from megasaverprepay) and immediately got a verification SMS on that line for itself. Works well enough for me I suppose.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I got an sms 5 days and 1 day from expiration

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    ATT,
    Feedback Score
    Out of curiosity how long have these lines that have been getting the text notices been active with PP

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast