Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: Who's considering switching?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    7,645
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    0

    Who's considering switching?

    Curious how many people are planning to switch to T-Mobile after they expand to more coverage?

    Reason i am wondering, lately work has me out in the field working with cable techs and i'm meeting a lot of new people and I hear it often (quite often) from them that they are planning to switch once more spectrum is utilized. Seems like many have been waiting for a viable alternative to what they currently have. Oh and this isn't a knock to any carrier just wondering
    Last edited by themanhimself; 08-23-2017 at 05:22 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    408
    Feedback Score
    0
    I am going to port 1 line from AT&T Prepaid to the 55+ plan in about 2 weeks to see how it goes.

    Sent from my Moto G (4) using HoFo mobile app

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    7,645
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandelstamm1 View Post
    I am going to port 1 line from AT&T Prepaid to the 55+ plan in about 2 weeks to see how it goes.

    Sent from my Moto G (4) using HoFo mobile app
    I'd love to be on that plan if I only had 2 lines it's such a great price but mine isn't too far off with a four line family plan if 3 of the lines use low data and get 10 off. Which area are you in?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    80
    Device(s)
    Moto G (2)
    Carrier(s)
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    Curious how many people are planning to switch to T-Mobile after they expand to more coverage?

    Reason i am wondering, lately work has me out in the field working with cable techs and i'm meeting a lot of new people and I hear it often (quite often) from them that they are planning to switch once more spectrum is utilized. Seems like many have been waiting for a viable alternative to what they currently have. Oh and this isn't a knock to any carrier just wondering
    Just ported two lines from PagePlus to the 55+ with new Moto G5+'s. We never had data before and couldn't pass up this deal. So far so good in SW Florida.

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    408
    Feedback Score
    0
    I just ordered a 5G Plus to use on T-Mobile when I make the switch. It supports VoLTE and WIFI calling. My G4 Plus no WiFi Calling.

    Sent from my Moto G (4) using HoFo mobile app

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    7,645
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandelstamm1 View Post
    I just ordered a 5G Plus to use on T-Mobile when I make the switch. It supports VoLTE and WIFI calling. My G4 Plus no WiFi Calling.

    Sent from my Moto G (4) using HoFo mobile app
    Is that the Motorola?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    408
    Feedback Score
    0
    Yes

    Sent from my Moto G (4) using HoFo mobile app

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    7,645
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    0
    Those are nice phones. I like Motorola phones in general

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    552
    Feedback Score
    0
    I would switch to T-mobile if I was sure their pricing was competitive. It seems like until I do installment payments on all my lines and buy a plan with enough data I will be paying the same or more than Verizon for somewhat smaller of a Network.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    46
    Feedback Score
    0
    I just switched to Verizon due to lack of coverage at my son's school. T-Mobile's expansion plans show coverage of that area by late 2019.

    I will definitely consider switching back when that happens, but a lot can happen to the wireless landscape in two years.
    I only purchase unlocked non-carrier branded phones so that I can switch to the carrier that best suits my needs at any time.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,659
    Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    I just left T-Mobile today and moved to cricket. I dont need unlimited data and will save quite a bit on cricket so there was no other option but to bail.
    Sent from my windows phone

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    Posts
    879
    Device(s)
    Blackberry Priv
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    I just left T-Mobile today and moved to cricket. I dont need unlimited data and will save quite a bit on cricket so there was no other option but to bail.
    I'm planning on doing the same thing in a month or so once my credit is close to used up on my T-Mobile account. I currently have a decent deal on T-Mobile with the One Plus Promo for 2 lines for $80, but there's too many EDGE or no signal places that were covered with at least HSPA+ on AT&T for me to stay. I can hop onto a family plan and not spend very much, or I can even go on my own and spend the same amount to get full AT&T coverage (granted, at 3Mbps, but still.) Here in Minnesota whenever I go to my parents' place it's a dead zone, and whenever I drive to Iowa to the in-laws there's often EDGE even on semi-major roads (I-80, IA-5, etc.)

    For me, coverage is most important, and T-Mobile just isn't there yet. Truly unlimited and postpaid is nice, but I'll take the cut on speed/go back to a cap (right now I'll likely go to the 4GB plan and just use wi-fi more places,) save money, and get more coverage.
    Internet on a Blackberry Priv with the Cricket 8Mbps plan. Not bad for a $20 fifth line on the family plan!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Patriots Nation
    Posts
    9,232
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, Droid Turbo 2, Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Changes often
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    Curious how many people are planning to switch to T-Mobile after they expand to more coverage?

    Reason i am wondering, lately work has me out in the field working with cable techs and i'm meeting a lot of new people and I hear it often (quite often) from them that they are planning to switch.........
    I generally don't strike up conversations with people about cell phones.

    A lot can change by the time T-Mobile is done expanding (which I'm guessing you mean 600Mhz) coverage.

    I'm almost convinced that if a Sprint/T-Mobile merger were to occur we'd end up with a "Triopoly" with very little difference between the 3.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    7,645
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    0
    As of now I'm pretty much against s sprint T-Mobile deal. For s split second I somewhat thought it would be ok and all that spectrum etc, but I'd rather see tmobile separate and still have four carriers.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    362
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    I generally don't strike up conversations with people about cell phones.

    A lot can change by the time T-Mobile is done expanding (which I'm guessing you mean 600Mhz) coverage.

    I'm almost convinced that if a Sprint/T-Mobile merger were to occur we'd end up with a "Triopoly" with very little difference between the 3.
    It's getting close to a triopoly now. If Sprint is going to remain separate they have to be stronger competition for them to really matter. If they continue to lag behind in everything, nothing they do will have a serious impact and nobody will have to react to them. I would like to see 4 strong national carriers also but, I have a feeling we may end up with 3. I've said it a ton, the only real choice you'll have is do you like red, blue or pink?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-08-2013, 10:25 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-18-2004, 08:00 PM
  3. Who else is switching after November 24th?
    By dataspaz in forum Sprint
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-30-2003, 07:27 PM
  4. Considering Switching from Verizon to Nextel in CT
    By Haadkoe in forum General Nextel Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-27-2002, 08:53 PM
  5. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-16-2002, 01:55 AM

Bookmarks