Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Google voice sms down?

Feedback Score

Google voice sms down?

I'm not getting any texts, I just texted myself from my carrier number and sure enough, nothing. I had a friend text my gv number, nothing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    I'm not getting any texts, I just texted myself from my carrier number and sure enough, nothing. I had a friend text my gv number, nothing.
    It worked for me just now. I tried it from Pinger to my GV number.

I have been having problems recently with voice calls using an Obi. Call audio sometimes breaks up or the other party can't hear me or the call disconnects, and other weirdness.

Who knows if it is GV or the Obi or my cable Internet or some combination.

[Edit Update] I tried Pinger again and it did not work. I also tried Tracfone-Verizon and Freedompop-AT&T. None of them worked. It seems intermittent with some sort of major malfunction today. They are not showing up in my GV account web page or GV app on the TF-Vz phone either.

Sending from the GV account web page to Freedompop-AT&T did work.

I turned on a backup phone (Tello-Sprint with the GV app). Texts from the past few weeks came flooding in to the GV app. Only the first successful test today from Pinger to GV was received.

I don't receive many texts, but I am not aware of missing any ever except these tests.

Location central Virginia
    Last edited by bobdevnul; 08-24-2017 at 01:35 PM.

Feedback Score
    Just tried it here in Shelton, WA - Verizon to GV does not seem to be working. GV to GV no problem.

Feedback Score
    At&t (net10) and T-Mobile (net10) both sending carrier texts to GV, GV not receiving them. GV is sending to both just fine.

Sent from my R1 HD using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Now I'm starting to wonder over the summer people who don't use GV (most I'm aware of) a mix of Android and iMessage on At-t and Verizon, and T-Mobile have told me they've sent me texts and why I'm not responding, as early as June. I can understand an occasional delay, but looking back at me gv texts, a co-worker was kind enough to show me a few texts he sent me through his his Galaxy s7 back in June from his stock messaging app, and sure enough he sent 4 messages I never received (from TMobile) , I have little doubt the failure is Google voice.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by southsound View Post
    Just tried it here in Shelton, WA - Verizon to GV does not seem to be working. GV to GV no problem.
    Yes GV to GV seems fine but most people don't use GV.out of a dozen normal Contacts, I'm the only one. That's what I liked about GV, even when I had iOS, because it didn't matter which app the receiver was using (iOS, gv, stock).

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Axon 7 w/ android 7.1.1 (lineage os) on att/cricket. SMS in both directions works fine. Receipt on either end is almost instant. Tested on another line (moto g4 play stock android 6 rooted) with redpocket/att (gsma), same results.

Is your gv configured to forward to a cell, or you're using the gv app to interact with?

Feedback Score
    We are not alone - according to the Google Voice forum looks like there are at least 60 of us affected. No official response yet.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    Axon 7 w/ android 7.1.1 (lineage os) on att/cricket. SMS in both directions works fine. Receipt on either end is almost instant. Tested on another line (moto g4 play stock android 6 rooted) with redpocket/att (gsma), same results.

Is your gv configured to forward to a cell, or you're using the gv app to interact with?
    If you mean me:

Tracfone-Verizon - GV is configured to forward calls and SMS to the GV number to the native TF number. The GV app is not on this phone.

Tello-Sprint - GV is not configured to forward calls or SMS to the GV number to the native Tello number. The Tello number is in my list of GV numbers that could be forwarded to. The GV app is on this phone. That's not at all confusing is it?

Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket Essential Plan
    Feedback Score
    I just sent a test SMS from my carrier (Red Pocket) to my GV number which transmitted normally.
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

Feedback Score
    Seems to be working again. Messages sent during outage have NOT come through so they may be lost.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    My 2 GV #s seem to be receiving texts normally.

Regarding overall reliability, I have never received a complaint from anybody about not replying to a text message sent to my GV # since I starting using a GV # in 2009.

Feedback Score
    Seems to be working again, though looks like any messages sent to GV are lost forever, truly embarrassing. Now I know that it was GV that caused similar embarrassment back in June. This only reaffirms why I refuse to exclusively use gimpy VoIP only numbers for my mobile phone, an actual cell number on a cellphone, who'd have thought, lol....I was able to temporarily give my carrier number for texts.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, H2O, Straight Talk, Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    Seems to be working again, though looks like any messages sent to GV are lost forever, truly embarrassing.
    EVERY carrier has unrecoverable SMS outages from time-to-time, ya know. I've had an issue recently where over the course of about 18 hours AT&T was silently dropping SMS sent from VZ.
    Nexus 4 on Net10/AT&T
    Samsung Tab S2 SM-T817T on T-Mo

Feedback Score
    FYI, GV texting was down across Hangouts, text forwarding, and the GV app itself.

Sent from my R1 HD using HoFo mobile app

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast