Thread: AT&T website is exceedingly slow

Feedback Score

AT&T website is exceedingly slow

I'm using an LG smartphone as a hotspot tethered to my 2 yr old Dell laptop; current version of Mozilla browser. Connection is AT&T 4G LTE at -87 to -97dBm signal strength.

The AT&T website is exceedingly slow as in 56k slow: minutes to load one page.

Does anyone else have a similar experience? Can anyone offer a solution?

Rep at AT&T store told me he knows it is slow and that I should use Chrome?1? Not sure I buy this.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7, LG G Stylo 3 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Red Pocket-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmule View Post
    I'm using an LG smartphone as a hotspot tethered to my 2 yr old Dell laptop; current version of Mozilla browser. Connection is AT&T 4G LTE at -87 to -97dBm signal strength.

Rep at AT&T store told me he knows it is slow and that I should use Chrome?1? Not sure I buy this.
    Loads perfectly fine for me. Maybe there just having some slight issues?

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
    Current Phone: AT&T iPhone 7 128GB Gold
    867-5309 Line: LG G Stylo 3 Plus

I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmule View Post

Which web site? If you mean account OLAM, it is beyond tediously slow over my cable Internet with a Windows computer and Firefox. It's better with the MyATT app on the phone.

They clearly do not know how to design and deploy a modern web site.

Feedback Score
    Yes, that's what i mean, besides which the shopping experience is abysmal to the point of no ability to complete the transaction. I could login, but not "view' my account the other day.

Thank you, i failed to mention that I am using Windows 10.

Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Which web site? If you mean account OLAM, it is beyond tediously slow over my cable Internet with a Windows computer and Firefox. It's better with the MyATT app on the phone.

They clearly do not know how to design and deploy a modern web site.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus Grey 128Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    It's better with the MyATT app on the phone.

Your lucky the MyAT&T app keeps crashing on me.
    Hartford, CT Area

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S, Moto Atrix, Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Carrier(s)
    ATT (Jan 2004-Current), Tmobile Oct 2007-Current, Sprint 1997-2004, Aerial Communications 1996
    Feedback Score
    Yeah. The official att guy who installed my att giga fiber internet last month said website is slow. One of the reasons is att has so many entities and so much backbone to go through with different accounts.

Feedback Score
    I don't get it.. huge company like AT&T and the website looks and performs like garbage. It's bizarre when you look at their website compared to TMO\VZ\SPCS... in fairness it took TMO 10 years to update their website... but I just don't get it. AT&T keeps bragging about their website and app improvements, but wow, looks like 2005

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7, Motorola Moto G LTE, Samsung Rugby Smart Nokia 6010
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Today there was a new start page on the OLAM. It wanted me to SYNC my accounts and wearables. I have one phone and NO wearables. It would just go in infinite loop always returning to the SYNC page. I called to CS and was forwarded to 2nd tier CS. He was having the same problem as i was trying to access my account. A click here and there, trying various browsers and multiple refreshes didn't seem to resolve it. He said i should never have seen that page in the first place as i only had one device registered.
    After closing and re-opening Firefox, it finally went to the main service page which shows the bill and usage. Thought it was fixed. Thanked him and hung up.
    Well, it's back to the SYNC home page, so i will give it a few days to see if it resolves itself.
    Why, oh why, do people have to take a webpage that is working and screw it up?????

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bella94128 View Post
    I don't get it.. huge company like AT&T and the website looks and performs like garbage. It's bizarre when you look at their website compared to TMO\VZ\SPCS... in fairness it took TMO 10 years to update their website... but I just don't get it. AT&T keeps bragging about their website and app improvements, but wow, looks like 2005
    AT&T's infrastructure is first rate. Huge global company with connectivity around the globe. Investment spending and capital expenditures have gone extremely well. AT&T website has chat online feature to get realtime reps who can help you out.

AT&T may not have spend money on making a pretty looking page but it is fully functional and gets you to where you need to go with ease and with live humans along the way.

You should clear out the cache if you have issues. Some features do go down for maintenance on the website and they could do a better job of having defined maintenance schedules and notifying customers of such. If a real issue happens it eventually gets resolved as they will get a project team assigned to fixing it.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, iPad Pro 12.9", Lumia 650, SpareOne
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-410
    Feedback Score

AT&T website is exceedingly slow

The new version of the site is missing some features and also seems to have weird bugs - for example, my combined account shows up twice on the drop-down and both go to the same page. Additionally, it also shows the "no issues with your service" alert every time I log in. An old canceled account still shows up, while a more recently-canceled account has dropped off.

Now, I can't even select that combined account, so I figure as long as I get the billing notifications and my home internet works, I'm good.

Even though it's slow, too, I wish I had the features and tools of the business OLAM site.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LTENetwork View Post
    AT&T's infrastructure is first rate. Huge global company with connectivity around the globe. Investment spending and capital expenditures have gone extremely well. AT&T website has chat online feature to get realtime reps who can help you out.

AT&T may not have spend money on making a pretty looking page but it is fully functional and gets you to where you need to go with ease and with live humans along the way.

You should clear out the cache if you have issues. Some features do go down for maintenance on the website and they could do a better job of having defined maintenance schedules and notifying customers of such. If a real issue happens it eventually gets resolved as they will get a project team assigned to fixing it.
    I manage accounts at pretty much every telcom company and i assure you at&t's site is by far one of the worst and buggy sites i deal with..

Then I call and get someone in india, or just does not know how to do what i'm asking. First rate my ***
    Left: T-Mobile Unlimited LTE, Right: Wide Open West 500/50

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    I manage accounts at pretty much every telcom company and i assure you at&t's site is by far one of the worst and buggy sites i deal with..

Then I call and get someone in india, or just does not know how to do what i'm asking. First rate my ***
    ^^What he said.

My plate is full managing just my account. However...I do manage "just my account" on other websites and, for all of the other faults VZW has, their website isn't one of them; particularly when compared to AT&T.

Feedback Score
    I was wondering the same thing...the "Please give us a moment. We’re almost there!" message when logging in stays up for 30+ seconds.