Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: $45 plan now includes 10 gigs?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,896
    Feedback Score
    0

    $45 plan now includes 10 gigs?

    I didn't really pay much attention to detail, but at Walmart happened to glance at the straight talk BYOP Sim kit and swore it said" now with 10 gigs starting August 22nd"... Anybody ?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,087
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon (iPhone/iPad LTE)
    Feedback Score
    0
    If that is true, I might look at them again.
    I just wish VoLTE would get enabled on Verizon...

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

    R.I.P. Circuit City

    We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

    1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,896
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Haas_Dave View Post
    If that is true, I might look at them again.
    I just wish VoLTE would get enabled on Verizon...

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Just noticed simple mobile (another TF brand) has another 2 gigs added to its 40 dollar plan, so this seems logical.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    74
    Device(s)
    Samsung Epix (i907) Unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    0
    I just bought $45 unlimited cards 4G LTE from WM today it says first 8GB data up to 4G LTE speed, then 2G*

    I think you saw the $60 card that might be 10GB

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    West Central Iowa
    Posts
    57
    Device(s)
    LG600G
    Carrier(s)
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    0
    I am wondering if this what sharp99 seen. I seen this at two different Walmarts today.
    Name:  20170901_131921[1].jpg
Views: 835
Size:  53.6 KB

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    164
    Feedback Score
    0
    Name:  20170903_104528_HDR.jpg
Views: 788
Size:  47.6 KB

    I went to my local Walmart outside of Philadelphia this morning and saw this

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,896
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dhduff View Post
    Name:  20170903_104528_HDR.jpg
Views: 788
Size:  47.6 KB

    I went to my local Walmart outside of Philadelphia this morning and saw this
    I wonder if it's just the Sim kits that get 10 gigs, wouldn't seem like it, did you happen to see the refill cards?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    164
    Feedback Score
    0
    I didn't notice them. Sorry. I'll check tomorrow and let you know what I find.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    135
    Feedback Score
    0
    I asked Straight Talk customer service and they know nothing about it. They said the $45 plan is 8GB now and the $55 is 12GB. I know these just changed recently, so I don't know they these activation kits say this.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    108
    Feedback Score
    0
    Here's the scoop... This is only BYOD for the 45/10gb and 55/15gb. According to the fine print on our little standee thing this is a promotional offer to new subscribers only and what what I was able to infer, is only good until November. Meaning after your November refill you go back to the 8/12gb respectively. I will take another look at it tomorrow and get a pic if i remember.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    135
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmanspiff View Post
    Here's the scoop... This is only BYOD for the 45/10gb and 55/15gb. According to the fine print on our little standee thing this is a promotional offer to new subscribers only and what what I was able to infer, is only good until November. Meaning after your November refill you go back to the 8/12gb respectively. I will take another look at it tomorrow and get a pic if i remember.
    Thanks for checking that out. I didn't think customers would get it ongoing for those amounts of data.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    311
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk (For now)
    Feedback Score
    0

    Straight Talk App

    When I open the app and click on the data used tab I see Current Plan High Speed Data 8GB.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,896
    Feedback Score
    0
    My net 10 account also says 8 gig h/s, even though it's 16 gigs, TracFone companies have the worst account app, web app I've ever seen.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    108
    Feedback Score
    0
    Call me a prophet, but soon... $45 cards will be 10gb. Like within a month or so. I may have an inside scoop.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    202
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6 on ST
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmanspiff View Post
    Call me a prophet, but soon... $45 cards will be 10gb. Like within a month or so. I may have an inside scoop.
    I wouldn't be so sure that your credentials have been validated... You've only been around HW since 2014. You "may" have an inside scoop? Maybe you shall enlighten us.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-07-2017, 07:55 PM
  2. Mobilicity $45 Plan Now Only $30.....
    By icemasta in forum Mobilicity
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 01-08-2014, 11:26 AM
  3. Plans In-market rate plans now include Call ID & VM3
    By turbogeek in forum TELUS Mobility
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-08-2012, 03:05 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-18-2008, 01:58 PM
  5. Share plans - now include Canadian Long Distance
    By TM-GUY in forum TELUS Mobility
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-06-2006, 12:50 PM

Bookmarks