Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Report: T-Mobile / Sprint "Finalizing," Plans For A Merger

http://deathrattlesports.com/report-...a-merger/22092

A new report from a German newspaper says that Deutsche Telekom, T-Mobile’s owner, is preparing documents for a merger with Sprint.

Handelsblatt‘s report says that the details of the merger are reaching the final steps, and Deutsche is preparing documents for an all-stock merger agreement. Such a deal would avoid most of the usual transaction costs of a merger, as it would just involve an exchange of stock instead of cash.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    This was the same newspaper a few months back had a similar report

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Hope it doesn't happen.

Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Good grief.

Sent from my Z981 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Report: T-Mobile / Sprint "Finalizing," Plans For A Merger

If they can get away with the price hikes they've been doing imagine how it'll be with 3 carriers! And this is no joke or conspiracy theory, we're in trouble if/when that happens. And it won't happen over night, it will happen insidiously (and it has already started), corporations aren't stupid when it comes to screwing people over they would never just do something overnight. Well except bullheaded Verizon of course.

I'm about ready to hang it up on wireless as a hobby.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GusHerb94 View Post
    If they can get away with the price hikes they've been doing imagine how it'll be with 3 carriers! And this is no joke or conspiracy theory, we're in trouble if/when that happens. And it won't happen over night, it will happen insidiously (and it has already started), corporations aren't stupid when it comes to screwing people over they would never just do something overnight. Well except bullheaded Verizon of course.

I'm about ready to hang it up on wireless as a hobby.
    I would imagine a tie-up with sprint would make things even worse when it comes to prices.

Some wonder if people like John and Neville will retire after a deal like that. If so that would stink.

Sure a lot of spectrum would be nice but I don't trust sprint to not screw things up. Hopefully won't ruin a good thing

Still struggling

https://seekingalpha.com/article/410...line-additions
    Last edited by themanhimself; 08-28-2017 at 08:12 AM. Reason: We

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by erikkarma808 View Post
    Hope it doesn't happen.
    Agreed.

This is the most nauseating news I've seen this week.

Sent from my Wonderful LG Phoenix 2
    *After All, There Is Nothing Real Outside Our Perception Of Reality, Is There?*

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    I, for one, would love to see a powerhouse T-Mobile that not only competes with, but blows the big 2 out of the water.

It's not always all doom and gloom. Sprint brings nothing to the table as they are. Moving their assets under the umbrella of a successful company is best.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    I, for one, would love to see a powerhouse T-Mobile that not only competes with, but blows the big 2 out of the water.

It's not always all doom and gloom. Sprint brings nothing to the table as they are. Moving their assets under the umbrella of a successful company is best.
    But what about the consumer and competition

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post

Part of me wants that but it will definitely be at the expense of the customers and what's left of the uncarrier movement would be gone
    Kind of feels gone now but I would imagine it would basically be another att and Verizon just a different flavor. As tmobile has grown they have offered less when you view it from a price plan scenario

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    AT&T and Verizon will try everything in their power to block this in the FCC and Federal Trade Commission. I sure hope this merger fails. Sprint is just too deep in debt and the risk vs reward just isn't there.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    I'd be surprised if it got approved. Not saying it can't happen but would be surprised if they allowed 4 carriers to go to 3

I could possibly be convinced to go a long with it if the right metrics were in place including management etc

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm sure Sprint will end up going to some other company if a TMobile/Sprint deal doesn't happen. They can't sustain themselves no matter how much money Mayoshi has.
    All I know is that if it weren't for T-mobile and John Legere, all of us, unless you were grandfathered, would be paying more money for a lot less service. That is, there would be no unlimited options, no extra perks like calls to Canada and Mexico. Hell, even Tmobile Tuesdays has some value. Not to mention, Tmobile got the industry to get away from subsidizing phones. Thus, even if I kept the same phone for 2 or 3 years, I still paid as much money as the guy who got a new phone every year. That wasn't fair. If you want a new phone, by all means buy a new one, but dont' force me to subsidize service. Thus, I think if John Legere were to stick around if the merger were to happen, I think it would be a positive. I agree that if you become that large, you will have to make some concessions. You can't continue to offer free lines here and there or continue to offer data roaming without extra charges. Or maybe you can????!!!! Who knows. The only way the merger hurts the most is if they continue to sit on spectrum. If so, they are just Sprint reincarnated and a lot of people will end up switching back to Verizon or ATT.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    That could play in favor for approving the deal. With how bad a shape sprint appears to be in maybe the approval odds are higher than I originally expected.

I just know I wouldn't want sprint to run the show or call any shots

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tyroned3222 View Post
    But what about the consumer and competition

What about them?

T-Mobile could blow Verizon and AT&T out of the water with Sprint's spectrum holdings. They would have to become the "discount" carriers if they wanted to keep their subscribers.

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast