Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Report: T-Mobile / Sprint "Finalizing," Plans For A Merger

Feedback Score
    Really good analysis. I still think Dish will target a merger with Verizon. That band 66 spectrum will really be useful for Verizon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Really good analysis. I still think Dish will target a merger with Verizon. That band 66 spectrum will really be useful for Verizon.
    Dish also has 600 MHz, and 20x20 nationwide of aws-4 that can used for downlink capacity. It would be an immense boost for Verizon to stay ahead, we all agree they need more spectrum. They continue to remain defiant though.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB Space Gray
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I can't find the article but there was one that stated reasons why Verizon has stayed away from Dish and it wasn't just about its dying satellite TV business. It had more to do with EBIDTA, cash flow and margins.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    Dish also has 600 MHz, and 20x20 nationwide of aws-4 that can used for downlink capacity. It would be an immense boost for Verizon to stay ahead, we all agree they need more spectrum. They continue to remain defiant though.
    As someone stated before if TMobile and Sprint do merge it may help force Verizon's hand, it at least should open up talks between dish and Verizon, dish's options are becoming limited and time is ticking on them deploying that spectrum. They will have to do something, also I feel in the right hands sling TV can still be a very valuable asset going forward, their traditional dish subs not so much. A lot likely depends on just how serious Charlie is on making a deal now, or, is he going to try to sit on his spectrum for as long as possible and hope someone jumps in at the last minute and gives him everything he wants. I wouldn't count on the second part happening though. The longer he waits, the less valuable dish becomes.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Charlie feels his current spectrum assets are well undervalued hurting his stock price and wants a premium for them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ksych1 View Post
    As someone stated before if TMobile and Sprint do merge it may help force Verizon's hand, it at least should open up talks between dish and Verizon, dish's options are becoming limited and time is ticking on them deploying that spectrum. They will have to do something, also I feel in the right hands sling TV can still be a very valuable asset going forward, their traditional dish subs not so much. A lot likely depends on just how serious Charlie is on making a deal now, or, is he going to try to sit on his spectrum for as long as possible and hope someone jumps in at the last minute and gives him everything he wants. I wouldn't count on the second part happening though. The longer he waits, the less valuable dish becomes.
    Good post. Yes Dish will have to do something with that spectrum sooner or later. Verizon getting dish spectrum would easily fix their capacity issues.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    Good post. Yes Dish will have to do something with that spectrum sooner or later. Verizon getting dish spectrum would easily fix their capacity issues.
    I wonder how much he'd sale his AWS-3 Band 66 spectrum for? Assuming a buyer doesn't want to purchase the whole boat?

T-Mobile could use it too correct and put it to use immediately?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    I wonder how much he'd sale his AWS-3 Band 66 spectrum for? Assuming a buyer doesn't want to purchase the whole boat?

I'm not sure but I believe dish spectrum in total is valued around 40 billion dollars. 6 billion was spent on 600 MHz alone. Their mid band holdings are a gold mine for capacity. It's really anyone's guess what will happen. Verizon needs it most IMO, their densifying pretty rapidly but eventually more airwaves will be needed. T-Mobile 600 is going to be a dream for the rural coverage they need.

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score

I understand that Dish is still on the hook for the difference between what they bid for the licenses they returned and what they sell for when eventually reauctioned.
    Donald Newcomb

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Cord cutting looks to be in full swing nowadays with dish and att taking some hits. I'm close to cutting the cord again since most of what I watch I can get on Netflix

I can check work emails on my phone and if needed can hot-spot 10gb so I could feasibly cut my home internet also

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If Softbank gets more that 32% of the the final control of this new company it will fail like everything else Sprint has touched. Sprint isn't even worth the $40 Billion in debt they owe.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Everything I've read has the rumor of 40-50%

The deal needs to specify that no boneheaded moves will be acceptable in any situation

Has sb made any good choices with sprint since they have been on board and not trying to be funny

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    https://seekingalpha.com/article/411...ee-tells-story

• Sprint appears willing to accept a deal without a breakup fee.
    • Government officials are already wanting reviews of the merger prior to any official announcement.
    • A similar deal without a breakup fee between Comcast and Time Warner was abandoned.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/wirele...rint-agreement

Bloomberg reported the two carriers “are putting the finishing touches” on the tie-up and are looking to officially announce the agreement when they report quarterly earnings in a few weeks. The companies are still negotiating an exchange ratio for the all-stock deal to determine Sprint’s valuation, according to the report, which cited unnamed “people familiar with the matter.”

Interestingly, a breakup fee isn’t expected to be included in any final pact, which minimizes risks for both carriers should the deal not gain approval from federal regulators. The lack of a breakup fee would enable both carriers to urge regulators to give the merger a green light without facing any conflicts of interest, Bloomberg noted.

Analysts say a deal would make sense in several ways. The carriers’ spectrum holdings are complementary—T-Mobile is in the process of expanding its coverage through the 600 MHz airwaves it recently won at auction, while Sprint sits on an enormous pile of 2.5 GHz spectrum that T-Mobile openly covets—and the move would result in three dominant network operators of similar size. Meanwhile, T-Mobile’s momentum over the last three years is undeniable, and Sprint continues to struggle to gain its financial footing even as it gains market share.

Feedback Score
    https://seekingalpha.com/article/411...ee-tells-story

• Sprint appears willing to accept a deal without a breakup fee.
    • Government officials are already wanting reviews of the merger prior to any official announcement.
    • A similar deal without a breakup fee between Comcast and Time Warner was abandoned.
    I don't think this is a slam dunk as some believe. I personally do think it has a good chance of passing regulation, but really who knows what Pai thinks of it. He just released a document praising wireless competition and now he has to review taking away a competitor. So it's really not a slam dunk either way. The Comcast deal was abandoned due to regulators raising serious concerns over it, the same could happen here.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Def not a guarantee that it will pass. The att time deal will prob get less scrutiny since it's a different scenario

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast